Sponsored

830 rwhp but loosing boost after 6500 rpm

Antyoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Evo X GSR
may sound dumb, but if it isn't belt slip, datalog the car and make sure the throttle is staying open

I've seen with some other cars that, for various reasons(torque limiting, boost limiting, transmission slip), the ecu will close the throttle body at higher RPM resulting in both boost and power dropping off.

thought I would chime in as it is a relatively easy thing to check.
Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
may sound dumb, but if it isn't belt slip, datalog the car and make sure the throttle is staying open

I've seen with some other cars that, for various reasons(torque limiting, boost limiting, transmission slip), the ecu will close the throttle body at higher RPM resulting in both boost and power dropping off.

thought I would chime in as it is a relatively easy thing to check.
Nice...I think he is on to something here:clap2:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
could be belt slip, could be like was mentioned, spring pressure, at that power level, springs are a good idea
If its a STG2 system, and the tensioner is being used correctly, thats about 110% not the issue.

People have made 1,200 rwhp on that tensioner with 8 rib belt.
(I have heard of more, but can't confirm)

1,500 rwhp has been made with it on a 10 rib belt.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Check the BOV spring. I had the 10lb spring and used to have boost leak. Changed it to either 13 or 15 (don't remember, was several years ago) and was holding boost.

Secondly, if you're running 6-rib, then belt will be slipping in that RPM. You might be able to hear a high pitch sound.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Check the BOV spring. I had the 10lb spring and used to have boost leak. Changed it to either 13 or 15 (don't remember, was several years ago) and was holding boost.

Secondly, if you're running 6-rib, then belt will be slipping in that RPM. You might be able to hear a high pitch sound.
If he's running our BOV, there are no springs like that. (springs of different rates, are usually used on turbo set ups)

But yes, if thats a 6 rib shared then he could be slipping. Hopefully its an 8rib!

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
this is the type of thing that is hard to trouble shoot online, really need to have the car in front of someone

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import

PowerAdderGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Glad to see your car back is business Tim, I was afraid it was totaled. Im sure you will get this fixed and be running in the low 9's soon.

PowerAdderGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Question for those that might know, what is the limit of the stock springs?

Sponsored
OP
OP
tim03cobra

tim03cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Procharged
We just put a little stronger spring in the bov. It gained 1psi. The belt isn't slipping either. I have the 8 rib stage 2 setup. It's stuck at 830rwhp which is pretty crazy on the street. It should be enough to get the 9 second pass but, I really wanted close to 1000 rwhp from the F1A.

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
Tim,

At the speed your spinning that f1a you should be making alot more power than that.

F1A max. speed 74,000 1650CFM

w/ 4.25 pulley and the stg 2 8" crank.
rpm
7000 = 71,152
7300 = 74,202
7500 = 76,235
7800 = 79,284

When you figure it out its gonna come alive!

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
We just put a little stronger spring in the bov. It gained 1psi. The belt isn't slipping either. I have the 8 rib stage 2 setup. It's stuck at 830rwhp which is pretty crazy on the street. It should be enough to get the 9 second pass but, I really wanted close to 1000 rwhp from the F1A.
;(

Since you're literally 5 minutes from me in MWC, id be happy to fix you up with a twin-turbo kit if you decide to try something new ;)

OP
OP
tim03cobra

tim03cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Procharged
Thanks but, I'm going to try to get this setup maxed out before I switch to something new. I maybe already there. The blower is only good to 1100 hp. That would only be 900rwhp if there is a 20% loss.

;(

Since you're literally 5 minutes from me in MWC, id be happy to fix you up with a twin-turbo kit if you decide to try something new ;)

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
Thanks but, I'm going to try to get this setup maxed out before I switch to something new. I maybe already there. The blower is only good to 1100 hp. That would only be 900rwhp if there is a 20% loss.
Nice man, sounds like a fun ride ;)

We'll have to cross paths soon, I'd love to check out the car.

We moved our residence & business to Tuttle, OK two weeks ago, so still getting boxes unpacked and settled in here.

I'm heading over to MWC today to do some painting at the old shop before we turn in keys to the landlord.
Sponsored