Swapping gauges

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Has anyone attempted to swap gauges? I'm thinking of the boost and oil gauges in my eco, specifically.

The boost gauge is too far out of the field of view when driving to be easily read, and it's more useful than the oil gauge on a daily basis.
Sponsored

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
I believe CJ pony parts has that video on YouTube.

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
You are talking about swapping boot and oil pressure, side to side, right?

I've wanted to do this since day one.

It looks as though the design of the part makes it impossible. The gauges are molded to plastic and there is 1 large circuit board that runs them both. You'd have to do some serious electronics work to swap them.

OP
OP
OySmallFry@SCS

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
You are talking about swapping boot and oil pressure, side to side, right?

I've wanted to do this since day one.

It looks as though the design of the part makes it impossible. The gauges are molded to plastic and there is 1 large circuit board that runs them both. You'd have to do some serious electronics work to swap them.
Exactly.

Have you cracked open the dash? Pics? Even if they use one large board, I'd be shocked if they didn't use a flexible wiring harness. Or are you saying the gauges themselves are molded to fit only one side

Sponsored

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
I haven't cracked open the dash. These are just my assumptions from pictures I've seen. It looks as though the board is immediately behind the gauges. I never thought about flexible harnesses, it would have to be completely disassembled to find out.

It was a stupid idea to put the boost gauge as far away from the driver as possible, anyway.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Really wish there was a way to convert non PP to these gauges. Don't need a middle A/C vent.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
add the nGauge to the middle vent! :) will be putting mine back together tonight
Last Saturday I did the Ngauge mod in the center ac vent and well it does look nice, but visibility is very poor. During the day you can't see anything in the screen, and at night you can barely see what the gauges are reading. I might try to angle it towards me or switch it to the left ac vent and also angle it towards me for better visibility.

Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really wish there was a way to convert non PP to these gauges. Don't need a middle A/C vent.
is the wiring harness not there? I pulled the trim off and looked for it, but didn't really dig around. I know someone will be releasing a carbon fiber trim with guage cluster and I want to convert then, but no sense in buying it if the wiring is not there.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
is the wiring harness not there? I pulled the trim off and looked for it, but didn't really dig around. I know someone will be releasing a carbon fiber trim with guage cluster and I want to convert then, but no sense in buying it if the wiring is not there.
Can't say for certain, have never looked. I imagine they wouldn't put it there for shits and giggles. My biggest concern would be somehow blocking the middle AC vent.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't say for certain, have never looked. I imagine they wouldn't put it there for shits and giggles. My biggest concern would be somehow blocking the middle AC vent.
my sister had an A/C leak in her CRV. fixed with a foam football. cheap and effective. and its behind the dash, so no one will see how ghetto it is. :ninja:

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
details? lol

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
details? lol
I know trufiber/trucarbon had something in the works. They posted a test fit picture on ig a while back.
Sponsored