Sponsored

Anyone Tried the Shifteck Billet Vertical Links?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Not trying to be rude, but those are a blatant copy of the Steeda pieces....without the center portion machined out.

On that note, they are $10 less than ours - BUT, our current design that we are shipping is the only Vertical Link offering on the planet that is modular, with the ability to run Bearing/Bearing....Bearing/Delrin...or even Delrin/Delrin. ;)

I would like to add, I do NOT like the Delrin only versions unless you have supporting modifications that mostly eliminate toe and camber deflection. Testing for bind on a lift, traveling the suspension is one thing...but the Delrin/Delrin design experiences binding when toe and camber deflection occurs, even more so when you have camber/toe deflection and excessive suspension travel (drag racing)

OP
OP

tr_ms3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 2016 GT350R Coming
1. No offense, but yours aren't any different either. Slight change to the shape. A piece of metal is a piece of metal.

2. Thanks for the information about your bushings offerings. None of that really interests me, however. I DEFINITELY won't be using delrin anywhere on my car. Way too rough.

I emailed Shifteck to ask them an order question and received a very prompt response, so I went ahead and placed the order. I think I'll be happy. :)

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
1. No offense, but yours aren't any different either. Slight change to the shape. A piece of metal is a piece of metal.

2. Thanks for the information about your bushings offerings. None of that really interests me, however. I DEFINITELY won't be using delrin anywhere on my car. Way too rough.

I emailed Shifteck to ask them an order question and received a very prompt response, so I went ahead and placed the order. I think I'll be happy. :)
There is actually a major difference. Engineering trumps blatant copying all day, everyday.

And, you are not using Delrin, so what is the bushing material on these you are purchasing then? They sure look like Delrin to me. If they are Poly, you are wasting your hard earned money (fact, not opinion)

Back to the Bold in the quote. So what is the material? I highly recommend you find out, so you are not disappointed.

I am "for" everyone saving money, and finding new parts that differ from the the rest, but BMR and Steeda have more experience and knowledge about S550 Suspension than any of our competitors, and we pay good money to support this forum, so I am bias.

Enjoy!

Brad Michaels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 P/P

Sponsored

alimustafa23

alimustafa23
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustafa
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT blood red PP
OP - If BMR recommends something, I am definitely going by what they say. BMR and Steeda have a lot of experience in tuning and development of suspension components than any other manufacturer. Folks from BMR are all over different forums helping people, so keep in mind, you also get the best customer service. Gotta say they make one of the best engineered quality products. And no, I don't work for BMR or Steeda, the rest is surely your choice :)

-M

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I have these on my Gt. CJPP
20150620_135101.jpg

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I had a $100 gift card for American Muscle (AM if you're listening you need to carry BMR!!!) so I purchased the SR vertical links (which I'm guessing are these since they have a page about 'private label' parts on the shiftech site). I'll let you guys know how they are once I get them in/on.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost

swi50tyS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard | S550 | EcoBoost
Not trying to be rude, but those are a blatant copy of the Steeda pieces....without the center portion machined out.
I agree with Kelly, a lot of companies these days tend to just copy the hard work others put into their manufacturing.

Shifteck is based in California and they're known to knock off products from other companies, including Steeda's shifters. Big companies like AmericanMuscle and others are also purchasing from Shifteck and just reselling as their own brand. Look at the SR Performance 'subframe braces' as well as the SR Performance vertical links. Then look at Shifteck's - look familiar?

It's not right for companies to blatantly copy parts and then undercut the market - it's not fair to companies like Steeda and BMR. It seems like the budget-friendly option now, but what can you expect long-term from low-quality like this?

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Well said swi50tyS550

Unfortunately, the more people who support those items, the less innovators there will be and the product quality will suffer.

A company making chassis and suspension pieces for new cars like this, SHOULD have multiple cars that they test and abuse rigorously with the parts they design to ensure the consumer gets what they pay for, at a fair price. BMR and Steeda both have 3+ S550's that we test our components on, and have an office staff to support multiple product offerings / lines for said tested products.

Of course, this is nothing new. Speaking from experience, we have been copied so many times over the past 20 years it's not even funny. What is funny though, is me knowing more about another company's product than they do (when they copy it)

That's all.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Just to add, these occurrences are much more rare in the GM Industry (chassis and suspension specifically)

Speaking of GM, our 2016 SS Camaro already getting completely ripped apart for development.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Buy from your forum sponsors that develop and test the products themselves and give real time feedback on their new parts right here on this very forum. Buy cheap Chinese copies and get zero innovation and possibly aluminum melted down from Coke cans. The only saving grace would be if they are produced in the US by Shifteck and Steeda and BMR could get em for patent violations. As far as price....Im a firm believer of buy once cry once.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The main reason I bought them is I had a $100 gift card. I have the BMR Cradle lockout kit. I just couldn't justify spending the extra $$$ when I had the gift card sitting there.

Also, if half you guys would read the description on the site they are made in USA and have a lifetime warranty. Jump on the bash band wagon all you want (I do see that side of it) but FFS have an educated opinion.
Sponsored