Sponsored

Which Tuner, and am I going about this the right way?

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Hey everyone, I have a 2015 mustang GT with Roush Phase 1 supercharger package and Roush catback exhaust.

That said, I'm no mechanic but a good tinkerer. I want more power out of my mustang, and with the way Roush seems to have de-tuned current tune, I'm not sure their phase 2 and 3 will give me the power I'm hoping for with around $1500

That said I'm thinking of doing a 79mm pulley, Boost a Pump, 56# injectors, and a SCT x4 tuner.

Do you think my plan makes any sense? (Injector/pulley size for longevity of motor?)

Is the SCT X4 the best tuner for our cars? I read somewhere that Diablo is good because if you go back to factory tune, it saves the date so the dealer doesn't know the tune was changed?
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Hey everyone, I have a 2015 mustang GT with Roush Phase 1 supercharger package and Roush catback exhaust.

That said, I'm no mechanic but a good tinkerer. I want more power out of my mustang, and with the way Roush seems to have de-tuned current tune, I'm not sure their phase 2 and 3 will give me the power I'm hoping for with around $1500

That said I'm thinking of doing a 79mm pulley, Boost a Pump, 56# injectors, and a SCT x4 tuner.

Do you think my plan makes any sense? (Injector/pulley size for longevity of motor?)

Is the SCT X4 the best tuner for our cars? I read somewhere that Diablo is good because if you go back to factory tune, it saves the date so the dealer doesn't know the tune was changed?

Those upgrades for your setup are pretty on point to make the low to mid 600rwhp range. You'll want to run 93 octane for that setup.

For the programmer the best options would be the Lund Racing nGauge with one of their custom tunes and remote tuning/datalogging or the SCT X4 with the same tuning I just mentioned.

We can set you up with either of those no problem as we are Lund Racing's largest dealer.

There's also a new IAT2 sensor w/pigtail harness kit which is a must for the custom tuned setup. The reason for this is that the calibration that Roush works with the IAT2 sensor they supply in the kit. With custom tuning however we are unable to monitor IAT2 temps with that sensor. Hence the aftermarket sensor and harness.

This will allow not only Lund Racing to monitor IAT2 temps but also calibrate the vehicle to pull timing if the temps go over a certain threshold.

The sensor kits just started shipping and run $119.00. So along with the other parts you mentioned and the custom tuned programmer you'll want one of those.

IF you have any other questions or need assistance placing an order please feel free to give me a call. I'll be in the office all day tomorrow. You can reach me at 561-753-8105 ext 201.

Thanks, Jared

Last edited:

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'd definitely pulley down to a 79 and get a Lund tune, 1000ID's and a BAP. I'm running a 79mm on my TVS with a Lund tune, it's insane!

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd definitely pulley down to a 79 and get a Lund tune, 1000ID's and a BAP. I'm running a 79mm on my TVS with a Lund tune, it's insane!
The Id 1000s are 98lb injectors and like 900 bucks. Probably over kill for what i need right?

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And what is this lund tune everyone talks about? Do I buy it from lund? Do most companies offer the free tune for life deal? Do you guys know about hp tuners? They as good as sct?

I'm trying to narrow down my options for a bad ass setup

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And what is this lund tune everyone talks about? Do I buy it from lund? Do most companies offer the free tune for life deal? Do you guys know about hp tuners? They as good as sct?

I'm trying to narrow down my options for a bad ass setup
Lund Racing is the tuning company that builds the calibrations for your vehicle. We are their largest dealer and can easily help you in obtaining the new calibration for your car and the upgrades you plan to do. We have an awesome and easy streamlined process which makes ordering the tune through us simple.

How it works is this.

You purchase the device and tune through us. Once we process the order we will send you a link to our custom tune request form. You'll fill out the form with all of your info and vehicle modifications and submit it when finished.

From that Lund Racing will build your tune file, email it to us and we'll load it onto the device before shipping it. In your case since your calibration is considered a premium tune it will require datalogging and eventually a remote tune session on a dyno. Instructions on how to do this will be sent to you by Lund Racing with your initial tune file.

As far as free tunes for life goes Lund Racing offers free updates for as long as you have the vehicle. If you change something on it such as a different intake, throttle body or lets say a longtube header setup which may require a tune update that's included at no extra charge.

For the devices Lund Racing can tune on their new nGauge or an SCT device.

Both are excellent choices. It just depends on which one you prefer. The benefits of the ngauge over the SCT device is that it's a small gauge that has advanced datalogging capabilities. It's also not only flash device that can program the vehicle but it also acts as a monitoring gauge. So you can monitor real time parameters off of the vehicles PCM.

If you have any other questions please feel free to give us a call and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Jared

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lund Racing is the tuning company that builds the calibrations for your vehicle. We are their largest dealer and can easily help you in obtaining the new calibration for your car and the upgrades you plan to do. We have an awesome and easy streamlined process which makes ordering the tune through us simple.

How it works is this.

You purchase the device and tune through us. Once we process the order we will send you a link to our custom tune request form. You'll fill out the form with all of your info and vehicle modifications and submit it when finished.

From that Lund Racing will build your tune file, email it to us and we'll load it onto the device before shipping it. In your case since your calibration is considered a premium tune it will require datalogging and eventually a remote tune session on a dyno. Instructions on how to do this will be sent to you by Lund Racing with your initial tune file.

As far as free tunes for life goes Lund Racing offers free updates for as long as you have the vehicle. If you change something on it such as a different intake, throttle body or lets say a longtube header setup which may require a tune update that's included at no extra charge.

For the devices Lund Racing can tune on their new nGauge or an SCT device.

Both are excellent choices. It just depends on which one you prefer. The benefits of the ngauge over the SCT device is that it's a small gauge that has advanced datalogging capabilities. It's also not only flash device that can program the vehicle but it also acts as a monitoring gauge. So you can monitor real time parameters off of the vehicles PCM.

If you have any other questions please feel free to give us a call and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Jared
Hey Jared, sent you a PM

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
A lund custom tune is really the only way to go.

Our custom supercharger packages always come with a lund tune, unless you opt out.

Currently our lund custom tuned 2015 Mustang is the quickest 2015 on the planet!

We could def help get you dialed in with a package with either an x4, or ngauge!

With customer service hours from 8am to 10pm seven days a week, we are always around to answer questions for you. Most guys are usually installing on the weekend, and it's nice to be able to get ahold of someone knowledgeable if a problem should arise!

http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/lundracing1-lund-ngauge.html

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Jared, sent you a PM
Replied. Give me a call if you have any other questions and I'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Jared

Yellowjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Car
Lund nGauge for me +1
Curious about the remote tune on a dyno part. Who's dyno?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lund nGauge for me +1
Curious about the remote tune on a dyno part. Who's dyno?
You can go to any local dyno so long as they have internet access. It's much safer than tuning on the street.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Those upgrades for your setup are pretty on point to make the low to mid 600rwhp range. You'll want to run 93 octane for that setup.

For the programmer the best options would be the Lund Racing nGauge with one of their custom tunes and remote tuning/datalogging or the SCT X4 with the same tuning I just mentioned.

We can set you up with either of those no problem as we are Lund Racing's largest dealer.

There's also a new IAT2 sensor w/pigtail harness kit which is a must for the custom tuned setup. The reason for this is that the calibration that Roush works with the IAT2 sensor they supply in the kit. With custom tuning however we are unable to monitor IAT2 temps with that sensor. Hence the aftermarket sensor and harness.

This will allow not only Lund Racing to monitor IAT2 temps but also calibrate the vehicle to pull timing if the temps go over a certain threshold.

The sensor kits just started shipping and run $119.00. So along with the other parts you mentioned and the custom tuned programmer you'll want one of those.

IF you have any other questions or need assistance placing an order please feel free to give me a call. I'll be in the office all day tomorrow. You can reach me at 561-753-8105 ext 201.

Thanks, Jared
I will post this here too.

Jared - do you know if Lund and the nGauge can overwrite the Roush PCM calibration?

Also do you have alternate wiring for the intercooler pump or will that operation correctly with the Lund tune as is?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will post this here too.

Jared - do you know if Lund and the nGauge can overwrite the Roush PCM calibration?

Also do you have alternate wiring for the intercooler pump or will that operation correctly with the Lund tune as is?

The NGauge will actually save the stock file (Roush cal in this case) on the device before flashing it with the Lund Racing calibration. Whether it can reflash the Roush cal back into the PCM at a later date is something I'm not completely sure about.

As to the intercooler pump I'm almost 100% certain that it will function in the same way it does now with the new tune from Lund Racing.

I will confirm and reply as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Jared
Sponsored