Sponsored

Just a heads up

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
No they didn't get anything ,I don't keep anything of value in the car but it is annoying not knowing how they did this so I can take action to prevent it .

My house windows were open and I heard them talking before I went outside (I thought it was the neighbor talking to someone) . The ballsy thing is it was only about 11 pm.
Sorry this happened to you. We had a string of car break-ins in my neighborhood a few months back. Luckily this was long before I had gotten the Mustang. These guys were literally going from street to street, house to house, going through cars. We're a quiet neighborhood and a lot of people don't even lock their cars, which is what happened to me. Forgot to lock it, came out to my car in the morning to see my glovebox emptied out, etc. I had a $200 watch sitting in there that they didn't take, and probably $10 worth of change - I'm assuming they were just looking for electronics? I don't know :shrug:

Anyway, lucky for you, you caught them in the act. I would never be lucky enough to catch the bastards, but if I ever did.....

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I just found them on Amazon and ordered one.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
My 15 was broken into last night. I caught the guys in the middle of going through my car. I suprised them and I got a good look at the guy that was in the car but not his buddy.

His buddy was driving a dodge ram . Anyway I called the cops and gave a description of the guy and the truck.
the officer showed up 30 min later and said they had 3 suspects and asked if I could i.d. anyone.

So I went with the officer and 1 of the 3 was the guy.
come to find out the truck was stolen .

Here's the kicker ,I don't know how they got in the car.
the car was defiantly locked I always hit the lock button until I hear the horn beep. No damage to the door handle or glass.

I'm not sure if the proximity of the key fob played into this.
my car is parked about 20 ft from my front door and my key fob was just inside maybe another 2ft. On my coat hook.

I tried to open the car while the key was were I keep it but I couldn't . So I'm really not sure how they did it. I hope our cars don't have the same issues as the fox bodies ,because I can get into my capri faster with a screwdriver then my keys.

Paul
Where are you/was this in Maryland?

I would never be lucky enough to catch someone in the act like that let alone the cops actually catch someone. I'd say this was a pretty good turn out. Too bad you didn't get to go full america on them though
Listen to this story (shortened for time).

Friend and I in Arlington, VA at work go over to store for food. Come back to check on our cars that are parked in 1 HR parking on side street on hill. 5 cars can fit. My car is last car. His is 1st car. As we approach mine, hear a noise like a bass thumping. Anyway walking on road and him on sidewalk checking for chalk marks from ticket agents and as we approach his car, the noise gets louder and I see a car in front of his illegally parked. Usually cars parked there are working on phone box. As we get to his car the noise/thumping is louder and I see someone in his car. I yell to him, the guy in the car sees me and books out passenger side into my buddy. Buddy tackles him, I run over and kick the screwdriver, brick out. Call cops. Cops come arrest the guy.

Tell the cops about other car illegally parked. They find out that car is stolen. They call the house, cops go over, find another stolen car there.

Kid was like 16 and stealing cars (Chryslers) and leaving them for people to pick up. Got charged with 2 grand thefts and 1 attempted. Cops were laughing because they said they never catch people in the act.

Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The key fob is too bulky. Often times when I put it in my jeans pocket along with my house key and wallet, the lock/unlock buttons get pressed as I am getting inside the car and sitting down. Don't have that issue with other key fobs.

OP
OP

S550SVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang, 86 mercury capri,86 svo
I live in glen burnie

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Whatever was wrong with a good old fashioned key eh?

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
After reading about these signal boosting devices, I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. The novelty of the push start is starting to wane (for me anyway).

wolf_79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
No kidding. I don't understand why people are so drawn to stupid tech. How much better is life by pushing a stupid button vs. turning a key?

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Sorry this happened to you. We had a string of car break-ins in my neighborhood a few months back. Luckily this was long before I had gotten the Mustang. These guys were literally going from street to street, house to house, going through cars. We're a quiet neighborhood and a lot of people don't even lock their cars, which is what happened to me. Forgot to lock it, came out to my car in the morning to see my glovebox emptied out, etc. I had a $200 watch sitting in there that they didn't take, and probably $10 worth of change - I'm assuming they were just looking for electronics? I don't know :shrug:

Anyway, lucky for you, you caught them in the act. I would never be lucky enough to catch the bastards, but if I ever did.....
Reminds me of my town. I rolled my eyes when I heard people were shocked they were getting rob

If there's one thing I learned from TV, video games and movies, nowhere is truly safe, hence locking my doors all the time

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Where are you/was this in Maryland?

Listen to this story (shortened for time).

Friend and I in Arlington, VA at work go over to store for food. Come back to check on our cars that are parked in 1 HR parking on side street on hill. 5 cars can fit. My car is last car. His is 1st car. As we approach mine, hear a noise like a bass thumping. Anyway walking on road and him on sidewalk checking for chalk marks from ticket agents and as we approach his car, the noise gets louder and I see a car in front of his illegally parked. Usually cars parked there are working on phone box. As we get to his car the noise/thumping is louder and I see someone in his car. I yell to him, the guy in the car sees me and books out passenger side into my buddy. Buddy tackles him, I run over and kick the screwdriver, brick out. Call cops. Cops come arrest the guy.

Tell the cops about other car illegally parked. They find out that car is stolen. They call the house, cops go over, find another stolen car there.

Kid was like 16 and stealing cars (Chryslers) and leaving them for people to pick up. Got charged with 2 grand thefts and 1 attempted. Cops were laughing because they said they never catch people in the act.
Haha nice. I wish that happened when someone broke into my car and stole my laptop while I was at college in DC (my school was not in the nice section). I swear I personally checked every pawnshop in the city. Luckily my dad had bought it with an Amex card so we were reimbursed for the full purchase price under theft protection

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
The key fob is too bulky. Often times when I put it in my jeans pocket along with my house key and wallet, the lock/unlock buttons get pressed as I am getting inside the car and sitting down. Don't have that issue with other key fobs.
do you wear leggings or something?

mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
If be really interested to see a short video of one of these rfid blocking pouches in action. If the fob is inside and you're right next to your car can you unlock the door?

Something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LJMCI7G/

I would actually also be interested in procuring one of the devices the thieves have to amplify the signal. It'd be nice to know what we're up against.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback