Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
For me, it's the Hill Start Assist. If your stopped on an incline, the brakes will hold in place for about 2-3 seconds after being released, allowing you time to accelerate without it rolling backwards. A great tool for driving in SF.
Found out about this during my test drive, absolutely love that feature.
I hate the implementation of the hill assist on this car - too obtrusive. It was perfect on my 135i, but on the mustang I almost stalled out a couple of times because it did not disengage fast enough after letting off of the brake.

Thankfully you can turn it off, so everyone is happy.
Sponsored

TungstenGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Fastback, Manual, PP, DIB
Sirius/XM

I like that the satellite radio can be set up to alert me when my favorite bands/songs are playing. :headbang:

Chris95GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I hate the implementation of the hill assist on this car - too obtrusive. It was perfect on my 135i, but on the mustang I almost stalled out a couple of times because it did not disengage fast enough after letting off of the brake.

I agree. Once I got used to the car, the assist was turned off. Had more problems with it on than off. Stalled it multiple times because you have to overcome the brake force for it to release before it's timer is up. Besides, anyone who has driven a manual for a long period of time (say 20 years), should be able to get going on all but the steepest hills without too much difficulty...

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Which 2015s have the 'coat hook' on the seat backs? My premium convertible does not have hooks. It does have large 'map' pockets on the lower back.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
its right on the headrest. unless the recaros dont have em

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST

I agree. Once I got used to the car, the assist was turned off. Had more problems with it on than off. Stalled it multiple times because you have to overcome the brake force for it to release before it's timer is up. Besides, anyone who has driven a manual for a long period of time (say 20 years), should be able to get going on all but the steepest hills without too much difficulty...
I don't get this at all. My wife's ST has it, my '14 GT500 had it and my '15 GT has it. It's been equally awesome on all three cars. I don't see how anyone could possibly stall their car because of HSA. This forum makes me boggle sometimes.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
user error

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I don't get this at all. My wife's ST has it, my '14 GT500 had it and my '15 GT has it. It's been equally awesome on all three cars. I don't see how anyone could possibly stall their car because of HSA. This forum makes me boggle sometimes.
I didn't say I stalled - and maybe exaggerated a bit (to make a point) saying I almost stalled.

Bottom line is, it is annoying when you take for foot off the brake, let the clutch out, apply gas and the hill assist is still applying the brake. The implementation of hill assist on these cars is far from awesome - though it is awesome you can turn it off.

Which is something I couldn't do in my 135i. But there was no need to turn it off, as the implementation of it in the bmw was, indeed, awesome.

Maybe I am superhuman fast (doubt it), or something was wrong with mine (doubt it), but I am much happier with it off. And honestly, I have no need for it, starting on a hill is not an issue for me.

user error
I'd argue, if anything, user error (or something similar) is what warrants the need for hill assist in the first place.

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I didn't say I stalled - and maybe exaggerated a bit (to make a point) saying I almost stalled.

Bottom line is, it is annoying when you take for foot off the brake, let the clutch out, apply gas and the hill assist is still applying the brake. The implementation of hill assist on these cars is far from awesome - though it is awesome you can turn it off.

Which is something I couldn't do in my 135i. But there was no need to turn it off, as the implementation of it in the bmw was, indeed, awesome.

Maybe I am superhuman fast (doubt it), or something was wrong with mine (doubt it), but I am much happier with it off. And honestly, I have no need for it, starting on a hill is not an issue for me.

I'd argue, if anything, user error (or something similar) is what warrants the need for hill assist in the first place.
In my experience, it releases as soon as your foot hits the gas pedal. FWIW, I've been driving MT cars for decades, so it isn't user error on my part warranting the need for HSA. It's simply a nice, unobtrusive, convenience.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
In my experience, it releases as soon as your foot hits the gas pedal. FWIW, I've been driving MT cars for decades, so it isn't user error on my part warranting the need for HSA. It's simply a nice, unobtrusive, convenience.
Agree to disagree on it being unobtrusive - at least 100% of the time.

PDX5oh3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Being that this will be my first MT since my first car back in 2000 (which was a sexy blue '98 mustang), I'm pretty happy with that feature haha. I'm sure once I get used to driving a manual again I won't have any problems, but I sure don't mind the training wheels to start off. I agree that it is nice they gave you the option to disable that feature should you so desire.:thumbsup:

tyseq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Convertible,Rudy Red, 50yr pckge

Try driving a manual in San Francisco

michaelmfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Premium Manual Trans
That's how mine seems to work as well. I've driving manuals for many years, but this is my first with hill assist and I like the feature. I've tried to see if I can feel the brakes holding on longer than necessary.... maybe... slightly... once or twice, but certainly not enough to outweigh the benefits.
Sponsored