Sponsored

McDonald's becoming unwanted

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
There are many links online with articles on how McDonald's is losing sales every quarter. Recently in May 2015, McDonald's corporate made a video talking about a turn around, but they didn't mention food changes. Below is my list of things that urgently need to be changed with their FOOD, or these restaurants will always be everyone's very last choice for food. (These are my ideas, but I know they won't ever change their menu. I know they won't.)

1) Get rid of the "sausage burrito" from the breakfast and replace it with the type of burrito you would get from a Whataburger. Also offer burritos where customer can get just egg and cheese in case they don't eat meat.

2) Offer Ham/egg/and cheese biscuits. Or Canadian bacon/egg/cheese biscuits.

3) Offer breakfast all day long, regardless of what they need to do mechanically to make it happen.

4) Always offer the McRib daily no matter what. THIS ALONE would make their sales go up YET THEY don't seem to even NOTICE that. (so weird). If there is way to improve the McRib so it takes more like real ribs, then fix that.

5) Start offering thicker cut REAL french fries which go bad after a few days, not look brand new looking after 2 years.

6) Make at least ONE hamburger where when you taste it, it tastes like YOU MADE IT at home by yourself with fresh ground beef. IF they do not do this, their company will fail. They can't keep serving burgers that taste like FILLERS and tastes like fake food. (where later you get horrendous gas and you feel bloated and sick to your stomach. that is how you know you ate fake food. everyone is catching on to this and McDonalds is in severe denial.)

7) KEEP those biscuits and gravy on the menu. THAT WAS ONE step in the right direction and it's a MIRACLE they actually offer this finally.

8) SEND all McDonalds Corporate employees to CARLS JR. or HARDEES. FORCE them to eat food from there, then go eat McDONALDS food. Then decide which food tastes like REAL food.

9) Offer a Ham/cheese sandwich that looks like a Burger King Yumbo.

10) Offer (1) fresh Sandwich that looks like it was made at a Subway.

11) Offer A chicken salad sandwich with brocolli cheese McSoup.

12) OFFER a burger that looks like a PATTY MELT. With sourdough bread. Call it the McPaddie melt.

13) Offer a grilled cheese McSandwich. Kids LOVE grilled cheese YET McDonalds would never dream of making such a simple sandwich.

14) Offer chunky potatoe hash browns. Stop making the flat rectangle hash browns. REPLACE that with something better. Or offer an optional hash browns.

15) Make some kind of breakfast sandwich on sour dough bread.

16) Make some kind of LOADED breakfast sandwich.

17) ONLY offer ONE kind of chicken sandwich and be sure it tastes at LEAST as good as a Wendy's chicken sandwich. Or don't even offer one at all.

18) Perhaps modify the filet-o-fish and just make it bigger.

19) MAKE the chicken McNUGGET out of real pieces of chicken breast and if needed just raise the price. But stop offering the current nugget which has a coating that gives people diarrhea later. (They do not care if their food gives everyone in the world diarrhea. They just act like you already had that before you ate their food and its just NOT TRUE.)

20) Offer a breakfast plate that comes with a biscuit and gravy.

This is all I can think of right now, but the point is, if they do NOT RADICALLY change their menu, they will "bottom out" soon. No one NEEDS to go to Mcdonalds. Not when there is chick-fil-a, carls jr, jack in box, subway, chipotle, taco cabana, canes chicken fingers.

I have no idea what McDonalds is even thinking. THEY INVENTED fast food, and now they need to invent GOOD TASTING food that does not make you feel sick in 30 minutes. My instinct says they will not change their food or their food process at all. And that's too bad.

READ: McDonalds corporate looks at it like this: WE PANDER TO FOLKS who view Mcdonalds as going out to eat at a 5-star restaurant. THAT IS THE demographic we now cater towards. (and they assume that there is such a gigantic amount of growth in these people being born daily, that their profits will soon surge once these people just keep having more kids. THATS how McDonalds views this.) McDonalds has NO INTEREST in attracting people who earn a higher salary who can afford to eat wherever they want. THEY KNOW DEEP DOWN THAT THEY LOST THIS CROWD PERMANENTLY BY NOW. THEIR LAST HOPE are the people who flat out VIEW MCDONALDS as the same as a DAY CARE, or the same as A PLACE TO EAT WHERE someone else cooked the food.

All they talk about is downsizing, or making money saving moves. Not changing any of their food.
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
While I can appreciate your passion for getting them to change (holy SHIT that list), if you invested that much time into a thought out meal you would be ten times better than eating anything they could ever serve you.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I love McDonalds. I would eat there every day but I can't. I am 43 and will blow up like a balloon. I think the world is trying to eat healthier and we now have a much larger variety of fast food to choose. Oddly every time I go there its busy.

Sponsored

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
All those ideas, while they may seem great to you, have nothing to do with a sound business model. You have to keep in mind the scale with which McDonalds has to do things. With thousands of locations in the US alone, the reason they don't do the McRib year round is because they wait until demand and price drop throughout the US and then buy in volume.

This is their business model for a lot of their "limited time only" offerings. Also, screw McDonalds. They're a poison. I hope they keep getting phased out while people realize that it's not food.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
1000+ ALL DAY BREAKFAST. GOD DAMNIT!!

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
They are going to simplifiy the menu, maybe do all day breakfast--I'd like to see a gourmet burger or bring back that McDLT. I got no complaints over the food, as for snobs who think they are above it--stay away

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
They are going to simplifiy the menu, maybe do all day breakfast--I'd like to see a gourmet burger or bring back that McDLT. I got no complaints over the food, as for snobs who think they are above it--stay away
Just because someone doesn't like the slumlord of foods, doesn't make someone a snob.

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Future

Establishments like Chipotle will explode, traditional fast food places will continue to decrease as science and food education continue to grow.

Why would I spend $10 on Mcdonalds, when I can buy a burrito bowl from Chipotle and get more food that is healthier. Laden with sodium, but healthier.

Sponsored

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
I don't eat fast food anymore. I used to but I made a decision about 15 years ago to take better care of myself and gave up fast food altogether.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I believe McDonald's has closed 350 restaurants over the last few months and said they will close another 350 over the remaining part of 2015. Crazy to think they have 32,000 locations across the globe.

OP
OP

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
My point is this: Every other month, I will go online to CNN to read the news, and I will see "McDonald's profits at all time low", etc. These articles act like they are "astounded" or "perplexed" about this. The first article I saw was summer of 2014: http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiem...mcdonalds-profit-falls-as-u-s-sales-struggle/

This topic is discussed monthly in mainstream news and to me it is just getting annoying that no article proposes a viable functional proven solution yet, in any way shape or form.

It's just funny to me that a place like "McDonald's" is actually getting defeated when I know I used to eat there frequently.

I have to say as someone else said, it is probably WAY too expensive and complicated for them to make any kind of change to their process/or preparation/or adding new food items that take longer to prepare. I am aware of all that.

It is just fascinating to me that they are willingly going to roll over on this issue and just "give up" and act like "we are what people think we are".

I can promise I am not a food snob. I just sort of viewed McDonald's as some kind of "power house", and now I am viewing them as a corporate entity which is lesser in touch with what people might actually want (i.e. something slightly more healthy) but they will just say "choose a salad, or choose McOatmeal". To me that's no fun.

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
My local McDonald's always fulfills the order incorrectly. I used to have to check every time. Small fries when medium was ordered, no cheese on the cheeseburgers, no sauce for the nuggies, no napkins, no ketchup, etc. I came to the conclusion that these errors were always on the side of the store. It is a waste of my time to go there anyway. My wife, who has never wanted to eat at McD's, insists we go to the Coney Island instead and I discovered the bill is the same if not just a little more with tip. No stress, there is someone making sure my order is right, they can make proper change, and the food is better as well.

"Fast food" is not really all that much 'faster' anymore.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I don't eat fast food anymore. I used to but I made a decision about 15 years ago to take better care of myself and gave up fast food altogether.
Exactly, it's funny how some people go to great lengths to protect things like their car...hundreds of thousands of dollars on wax, opti coats, clear bras, tip top maintenance and top quality parts and then when it comes to their body, they will eat whatever is put in front of their face.

Don't get me wrong, I will binge eat like nobody else, but even when I eat unhealthy, you aren't going to find me doing it at a drive thru.
Sponsored