Sponsored

Picking Out a 2015 V6: A Piece at a Time

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Of course it makes no sense to you. You're probably over 50, retired, living in south florida with your stock automatic convertible. I wanted a S550 Mustang and there was no way to get it used. Same with my C7.
How did you guess correctly? What a "Maven"! Someday, if your lucky, you might be lucky enough to reach the same age and retire to the "tropics" and enjoy a Stock Automatic Base V6 Convertible too. I`ll be up in Montreal this Summer for my annual Smoke Meat & Poutine Biere drinking Holiday. I`ll let you buy me a Pint or two and demonstrate what I missed out on by not ordering the 3:55 axle. Cheers:cheers:
Sponsored

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
... enjoy a Stock Automatic Base V6 Convertible too. ...:
I test drove one of those the other day. It was white. It was a great car. I loved it. I almost wanted to switch to a convertible because it was so nice, even with the auto and 3.15.

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
Does anyone know or have an estimate on how much weight the Spare Tire feature adds and whether it improves front/rear weight balance of the V6 and eB?

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Does anyone know or have an estimate on how much weight the Spare Tire feature adds and whether it improves front/rear weight balance of the V6 and eB?
2011 V6 Mustang:

5.46 lbs. for Air Pump, Styrofoam block, and Mtg. hardware.
vs.
5.30 lbs. for Jack, Wrench, and all mtg. hardware
plus
28.66 lbs. for '07 GT 17" Temp Spare w/ 60 PSI air

= 28.5 lb. is all the weight Ford saved by forcing 2011 V6 owners to have this silly air pump kit instead of a spare !!

The 2011-14 GT & all 2015 18" Temp spare is also on an aluminum wheel. I would guess the weight is similar to the 2005-10 17" GT spare that I've got.

Say the 18" spare is a little heavier ... so somewhere between 30-40 lbs. adder.

Doug

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Yes sir, that is the joke based on the song about fat assed ladies.
I'm familiar with the song, but for the life of me I just couldn't figure out why you changed the lyric from bass to base and treble to trouble. That's all. Sorry for all off-topic posts about it.

Sponsored

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
2011 V6 Mustang:

5.46 lbs. for Air Pump, Styrofoam block, and Mtg. hardware.
vs.
5.30 lbs. for Jack, Wrench, and all mtg. hardware
plus
28.66 lbs. for '07 GT 17" Temp Spare w/ 60 PSI air

= 28.5 lb. is all the weight Ford saved by forcing 2011 V6 owners to have this silly air pump kit instead of a spare !!

The 2011-14 GT & all 2015 18" Temp spare is also on an aluminum wheel. I would guess the weight is similar to the 2005-10 17" GT spare that I've got.

Say the 18" spare is a little heavier ... so somewhere between 30-40 lbs. adder.

Doug
I'm not familiar with any of this. Silly air pump? What's that? Temp spare? I would have thought it would be a full tire and matching wheel. No? You just get a temporary spare with the Spare Tire option?

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
My car is all base plus one option - spare. It's not a full size. It's an aluminum Donut.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
I'm not familiar with any of this. Silly air pump? What's that? Temp spare? I would have thought it would be a full tire and matching wheel. No? You just get a temporary spare with the Spare Tire option?
This is what you get if you don't get the spare ...
Air Pump, Styrofoam block, and Mtg. hardware. This little pump can either just pump air or an air/slime combo to seal a leak. Not a bad little pump, I've actually used it a couple of times ... once when the low-tire monitor in the dash went off and found a screw/slow leak. Just filled it back up on the side of the road and continued on until I got to work where I took it off and had it patched.

Mustangs have had a "Temporary Spare" with NO FULL SIZE SPARE OPTION since at least 1994. This is the case with most cars now a days that offer a spare option. Certainly better than RUN-FLATS and no "spare tire well to even put a spare in" like many cars these days.

Doug

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone on here is still looking for a fastback V6, the car I originally ordered was built last night. VIN is 1FA6P8AM4F5395436. I'm told it was a clean build.

- Ingot Silver
- Manual
- 051A Package
- 3.55 gears
- Spoiler Delete

Car will be coming into Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor, MI. Jerry Carpenter will be the sales guy.

justang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura TL
This would be the exact car I would order if I end up going with the 6. I wish Ford would have focused more time on making the 6 more efficient and powerful rather than pushing the eco. It would make my decision so much easier. First world problems.

Sponsored

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Forget the eco, get a 6.
Look at all the smoke threads lol

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Must be a turbo thing. Most modded turbo cars I see smoke a little idk why.

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I own blown and turbo'd cars and they only smoke when shit is fd up...

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I agree something is probably wrong but hey better them then me. I do like what they are doing to the ecoboost's though well other then making them smoke :D

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This would be the exact car I would order if I end up going with the 6. I wish Ford would have focused more time on making the 6 more efficient and powerful rather than pushing the eco. It would make my decision so much easier. First world problems.
Get the V6 or GT. You'll never get the wonderful V-engine, NA sound with the EB. I'd definitely drive the 6 before you knock it for power. Mid 5 second 0-60 with no mods.
Sponsored