Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Cj4428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1 Recaros Magnetic, Ford PP3,Corsa catback
Thought about a cruise on the lake,but ice is getting pretty thin!
image.jpg

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Finally took it to the car wash to get all the salt off of it... Second wash it's had since I got it in December.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Clay bar, then glaze, then two coats of jet seal 109, then some nice carnauba wax. All chemical guys products applied by hand.

I clay barred and sealed today. Tomorrow I WAS planning to put a coat of wax on her. But with Catfish raising the danged bar (thank you ;) )...
I guess I'll be applying
Two coats of wax!
:frusty:
:lol:

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
Installed the Mishimoto Oil Catch Can:

Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
I installed a temporary lift kit so I could re-tighten the claps on my FRPP Touring Catback Exhaust. I installed the exhaust when I had about 500 miles. I just turned 1,500 miles.

The other day I notice a little rattle at certain RPM's when down shifting. I had originally torqued the bolts to FRPP specs. So after lifting her up...I put the old Jubilee twist on them this time.

The redneck jack stands you see in the photo...I made those for my own insurance and comfort factor. I'm not a big fan of getting under a vehicle with store bought jack stands.
image.jpg

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
That must have taken a while haha.

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT

Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I put about 70 of the 90 miles on it, messed with the ambient lighting, showed it off a bit

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Autocrosses. Local and upcoming Texas National Tour.
Cool! I run with SCCA and ER up here. Good luck at the National Tour!

I'm waiting for the Pro Solo!

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
I clay barred and sealed today. Tomorrow I WAS planning to put a coat of wax on her. But with Catfish raising the danged bar (thank you ;) )...
I guess I'll be applying
Two coats of wax!
:frusty:
:lol:
LOL :headbang:

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
Yesterday was car upgrade day for me (plus an unwelcome surprise). It was a 3 part upgrade.

JTL CAI: First thing I did was install the JLT Cold Air Intake. The fit was perfect. We (my dad and I) took our time, followed the CJ Install video step by step. A couple things to note.

The wire connecting to the IAT was short. We had to rework it a little to get enough slack to connect it.
In the reconnect portion of the video he missed connecting the PCV. We noticed it after the test start.

I didn't do a test drive but did a few test idle runs. I checked the sound with the Blow of return disconnected and then connected. I like the sound of both options but for me I like it connected a little more. Just a nicer sound to me.
I can't speak to any power increase because next I installed the tune.

Bama Tune: I kept going between Cobb and Bama and ended up going with Bama. I installed the 93 Octane Race tune. Assuming it's problem free I don't see myself using the 91 Octane Performance tune (maybe winter).
Install was quick (maybe 10 minutes, probably less).
The tires were next so I'll describe the overall performance of all 3.

Tires: My stock 18s are used for my winter tires. I sold the stock tires and bought new tires/rims for summer. I decided on AMR 19" matte grey.
Front: 19x8.5 with Pirelli P Zero Nero A/S 255/45
Rear: 19x10 with Pirelli P Zero Nero A/S 275/40
I got the tires/rims as a set from American Muscle already mounted and balanced so all I had to do was install them. I change my own tires twice a year and it was no harder or worse than any other time.

Review: $1,000 (not including tires) and it feels like I have my second new mustang. I was one of the early S550s getting my car 10/31 and loved it from the start. Saying that I can't help but think that this is what she should have felt like.
She pulls harder through out the power band. The bottom end has ridiculous torque.
I don't know how to fully describe this but using this setup on a manual transmission you really have to drive it, not just ride it. It's easy enough to drive in traffic and when you want the power it's definitely there.
The sound is fantastic. It sounds healthier, meaner and turbo sounds great and noticeable when you expect it.
I only drove the stock rims for 10 days before I put the winter setup on. so unfortunately I can only compare the new setup with the winters. The ride is great, cornering is so much better and I can really feel the road. The look I think is very good. the tires and rims are wider than stock and the rear lines up very well with the body now.

Surprise: I will be posting pictures but unfortunately have to get some body work done. 2 hours after finishing all the work and on a long drive home I was rear-ended. No I wasn't driving like an ass with the work I did. It was a hard stop and the car behind me was distracted (admitted) and smacked me from behind. It should be a simple bumper swap, assuming no structural damage behind the bumper.
Video

Overall it was great day with a frustrating ending.

I'll post pics after she's back from the shop.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
lol dimensions for those blocks?
Thanks! Ironicly its called dead forming :) Its the same type of false work you may have seen when a bridge is under construction.

Those wood block dimentions are each a 4" X 12" X 18". Laminated with a sheet of 1/2" plywood with 3" wood screws. Than a took two 1" X 4" dowels, drilled two, 2" deep holes seperated by a foot apart. Thats for stacking two of the blocks together so they won't slip apart. Than I screwed two pieces of 2" X 4" as wheel chauks on either end. As you can see, I use two blocks per wheel.

:) It took a few hours to build them, but now there pretty easy to use. I use a hocky puck on the floor jack, center lift the front, slide the blocks under the wheels, repeat on the rear by center lifting on the pumpkin.

Sure feels safe under there. I live in earth quake country. I'm not under the car often and I Don't have a lift system and I don't trust mass produced, crap welded, small contact, wobbly traditional jack stands when I absolutely need to be under the car.
image.jpg
Sponsored