• Hyperbox with Lund Tune

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
I would honestly wait, I know its hard to do. Allow for things to get better and allow for more options and things to get worked out. Some people may say datalogging is outdated, but I like to see whats going on with my car to know it's safe. A shop/tuner may have a good reputation but it would but my mind at ease knowing whats going on than taking their word for it.
Sponsored

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
I had SCT and Lund and just swapped out for the Hyperbox. The basic canned tune with JLT was ok, but as soon as I added headers the limitations starting showing and it was attributed to the SCT. I'll get the nGage once it's available if there if I can find a real benefit to it.
What issues were you having? I have all those parts waiting to go in...

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
What issues were you having? I have all those parts waiting to go in...
After adding the headers and updating the tune accordingly there were bad 'flat spots' when accelerating in 3rd, 4th, and 5th with mild throttle, 20-50%. It wasn't always there, but sometimes it was bad to the point of a mild backfire and very sudden brief decrease of power. Lund was quick to send me an update that helped, but did not solve this.

Because I this I have been a bit hesitant to really push the car, so I can't say it if impacted other aspects of the tune as well.

I just received the Hyperbox last night and will hopefully have a chance to test it out later today.

To me it's a not brainer, get the Hyperbox (which I think is cheaper than the X4) and if you really need the data logging, upgrade to the nGage later. I believe the nGage is going to closer to the $500 mark, so it's going to need some serious bells and whistles to get me to change. ;)

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
After adding the headers and updating the tune accordingly there were bad 'flat spots' when accelerating in 3rd, 4th, and 5th with mild throttle, 20-50%. It wasn't always there, but sometimes it was bad to the point of a mild backfire and very sudden brief decrease of power. Lund was quick to send me an update that helped, but did not solve this.

Because I this I have been a bit hesitant to really push the car, so I can't say it if impacted other aspects of the tune as well.

I just received the Hyperbox last night and will hopefully have a chance to test it out later today.

To me it's a not brainer, get the Hyperbox (which I think is cheaper than the X4) and if you really need the data logging, upgrade to the nGage later. I believe the nGage is going to closer to the $500 mark, so it's going to need some serious bells and whistles to get me to change. ;)
And who is going to tune the hyperbox?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Ken spent a lot of time working with the sct this past weekend to help on evolving the tune with their limitations. the few customers that have updated have been happy with the results.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Ken spent a lot of time working with the sct this past weekend to help on evolving the tune with their limitations. the few customers that have updated have been happy with the results.
This is reassuring, thanks Beef:thumbsup:

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
That's because livernois uses the hyperbox. The hyperbox can just write a more indepth tune from what I understand, but can't datalog. Nguage does both, but again no clue when it's coming out and I don't want to wait...
Please don't make statements that are TOTALLY FALSE.

Livernois uses their OWN TUNING SOFTWARE.

Literally no one else can use their software or tuner.

They do not use a hyperbox

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

I could be wrong, but I do believe the box is made by hypertech. The box lund uses is made by hypertech. Not saying they are the same, but I believe they manufacture for both of them.

That said, the box is just merely a means to flash the tune to the car, it isn't doing the tuning for the car.

Both Lund and Livernois are very good at what they do. Both tune outside of SCT / Hyper / HP, etc...

The boxes / n gauges / x4's, ect.. are simply a way to get the tune to the end user

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond

I have similar parts
Jlt
Catback
Stainless works headers
Livernois tune.

ZERO FLAT SPOTS
ZERO HESITATION
Constant pull from idle to 6700 everytime, all the time.

Sponsored

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
I could be wrong, but I do believe the box is made by hypertech. The box lund uses is made by hypertech. Not saying they are the same, but I believe they manufacture for both of them.

That said, the box is just merely a means to flash the tune to the car, it isn't doing the tuning for the car.

Both Lund and Livernois are very good at what they do. Both tune outside of SCT / Hyper / HP, etc...

The boxes / n gauges / x4's, ect.. are simply a way to get the tune to the end user

I didn't comment on the hardware of the box. I haven't a clue who makes the actual hand held unit. The tuning software is ALL Livernois though. No one else.

Both companies are on top of their game for sure.

I'm a Livernois customer and naturally recommend their product whenever I can.

Your a life long lund customer and vendor and do the same. Only difference is I get called names by the boys club on here and you get to avoid the names! :cheers:

If I remember correctly, the original tuner for my f150 (from 2010) said "my calibr8tor) don't know if that had anything to do with the hardware or not

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
That's because livernois uses the hyperbox. The hyperbox can just write a more indepth tune from what I understand, but can't datalog. Nguage does both, but again no clue when it's coming out and I don't want to wait...
I didn't comment on the hardware of the box. I haven't a clue who makes the actual hand held unit. The tuning software is ALL Livernois though. No one else.

Both companies are on top of their game for sure.

I'm a Livernois customer and naturally recommend their product whenever I can.

Your a life long lund customer and vendor and do the same. Only difference is I get called names by the boys club on here and you get to avoid the names! :cheers:

If I remember correctly, the original tuner for my f150 (from 2010) said "my calibr8tor) don't know if that had anything to do with the hardware or not
He really wasn't incorrect with what he said. The "box" will let the tune that is written, access all parameters that need accessing when the vehicle is flashed.

That isn't how the tune is originally written, but it is what gets the tune to the car. And I think that's what he was saying.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

When did I say anything about software? I was talking about the box....

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
He really wasn't incorrect with what he said. The "box" will let the tune that is written, access all parameters that need accessing when the vehicle is flashed.

That isn't how the tune is originally written, but it is what gets the tune to the car. And I think that's what he was saying.
Yes Beef, that is all I was referring to is the hardware used to get the tune. And I believe livernois mentioned in another thread that they use the hyper box but with a modified processor or something along those lines.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
The torque management limitations are still there though, correct? I just shipped my X4 to Lund because of this and have the Hyperbox now...
Sponsored