From 21 Mach 1 to 20 Gt 350

VBPMACH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1,20 Gt,15 Cadillac Vsport
Recently traded my 21 Mach 1 with 4,000 miles in velocity blue for a 20 Gt 350 Race red with black stripes with 8,000 miles .Did I make the right move as these are two totally different cars?What do y'all think?

20221023_095445.jpg

20221019_121652.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
VBPMACH

VBPMACH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Yeah,thats always been my thing,but finally gave in and made the switch.Purchased from a Ford Dealer I know pretty well and got a additional warranty also.Its still in the back of my mind everytime I drive it.Never thought abouth that in my previous gt or mach 1

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Oh my God, what a horrific decision. You should swap back immediately or you regret it for the rest of your life. The Voodoo is garbage.

Oh my God, what an amazing decision. You will enjoy your GT350 much more that that parts bin Mach 1. You will never regret it.

OK, pick one since you’re asking us “after” you made the trade.

All kidding aside, two awesome cars. Neither is better, just different. But a Shelby is a Shelby and there will never be another Voodoo. Congratulations and enjoy!!! :like: :clap:

OP
OP
VBPMACH

VBPMACH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Lol,you can only imagine how many times I have heard both of those comments.And your also correct,they are both awesome cars,but at the same time completey two diffent vehicles.
We all know how we sometimes question our decisions after our actions.I have had a variety of mustangs over the years but never a Shelby ,just hope I dont regret the choice

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gorgeous car! As far as making the right choice, that’s only something you can decide. As others stated above, it’s a Shelby and the Voodoo will never be produced again so it’s special. I do watch the 350 section of the forum because I’ll be looking to get into one in the 12 or so months and I think the Voodoo issues are overblown. Are there issues? Yes. But I don’t think the % of engine failures is too much greater than anything else. Enjoy it and drive it, that’s the best thing for these cars! And Race Red was a good choice IMO, looks great on a Shelby!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Lol,you can only imagine how many times I have heard both of those comments.And your also correct,they are both awesome cars,but at the same time completey two diffent vehicles.
We all know how we sometimes question our decisions after our actions.I have had a variety of mustangs over the years but never a Shelby ,just hope I dont regret the choice
I doubt it. I just own a garden variety GT/CS now but I venture a guess that the memories of your Shelby would far outlast those of the Mach 1.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I would also add that while the Mach 1 is a cool car with a storied history, the GT350 was only produced for a few years in the 60’s then disappeared until 2015. And if history tells us anything, we’ll likely never see the GT350 produced again. It’s a special car with a special history.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VBPMACH

VBPMACH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!
And I agree with you 100%,all performance vehicles can have such failures,I have been in the car buisness for 31 years(service/repair side) 25yrs with Chyrsler and 6yrs with GM and I have seen them all have issuses, in the past few months we have had multiple C8's and ZL1's in the shop with major engine failures with very low miles

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I like the GT350 better, but I also prefer the blue color of the Mach 1. Both great choices.

Anyway - definitely take it easy out there in your "arrest me" red GT350! IMO the GT350 is one of those vehicles that is fun at any speed due to the great noises it makes.

OP
OP
VBPMACH

VBPMACH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the velocity blue looks great on the Mach.I wanted to keep the Mach but wife wouldnt let me get rid of her CTS Vsport

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
They both are fantastic cars in their own way. I am partial to the blue color though, not a fan of bright red. That said, the Shelby is amazing.

OP
OP
VBPMACH

VBPMACH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Yeah race red wasnt my first choice but of the 19/20 models Iooked at(and really wanted a 20 model) the red one was in the best overall condition
Sponsored