Sponsored

MP Concepts side marker lights.

Blk79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I purchased led side marker lights but the connections aren’t compatible. The previous owner installed them as well but they failed shortly after I got the car. The connections on the ones i removed are different from the new ones. They’re made by the same company MP concepts. The install videos online give instruction to remove the factory bulb and plug in the new led connector in its place. When I removed the old lights there was no bulb socket so now I’m confused. I was wondering if MP revised the connection or if the previous owner did any alterations on the wiring. The photos show the connection from the car and the other shows the old led light on the left, the new one on the right. Is there anyone here that may know what to do?

F34F691D-3B4B-4544-9557-FEE50120772B.jpeg

F09B7FB0-CF78-4BAB-890A-23C15C9B7C78.jpeg

Sponsored

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I purchased led side marker lights but the connections aren’t compatible. The previous owner installed them as well but they failed shortly after I got the car. The connections on the ones i removed are different from the new ones. They’re made by the same company MP concepts. The install videos online give instruction to remove the factory bulb and plug in the new led connector in its place. When I removed the old lights there was no bulb socket so now I’m confused. I was wondering if MP revised the connection or if the previous owner did any alterations on the wiring. The photos show the connection from the car and the other shows the old led light on the left, the new one on the right. Is there anyone here that may know what to do?

F34F691D-3B4B-4544-9557-FEE50120772B.jpeg

F09B7FB0-CF78-4BAB-890A-23C15C9B7C78.jpeg
The one on the right need the stock light socket from the original one. If you don’t have that you might need to go to Ford or Autozone and see if you can get a replacement or see if someone has a spare.

OP
OP
Blk79

Blk79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The one on the right need the stock light socket from the original one. If you don’t have that you might need to go to Ford or Autozone and see if you can get a replacement or see if someone has a spare.
Yes, thank you. You are correct. I did some more research online and discovered this. I just placed an order with the dealer to get a pair of new ones.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yes, thank you. You are correct. I did some more research online and discovered this. I just placed an order with the dealer to get a pair of new ones.
How much was the pair of new ones from Ford? You could have just removed the ones out of your stock side lights and put them in the aftermarket side lights.

OP
OP
Blk79

Blk79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I paid $28 for both. The original ones were burnt out and could not be used.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blk79

Blk79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The actual bulb holder was burnt out. You can’t see it from the pic because it was still attached to the wiring. Originally I thought the MP concepts led connector wasn’t compatible. I was wrong. All I simply needed to do was remove the bulb socket from the old one and attach it to the new connector. It was burnt out so badly it was fused to the old connection. I used needle nose pliers to pull it out. Once I saw the contacts on the inside I felt it was best to replace them both. Whenever a new bulb is installed the wiring connector needs to be inserted into the housing and secured in place by twisting until it’s locked. The previous owner didn’t do this. Therefore causing moisture to corrode the bulb sockets.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The actual bulb holder was burnt out. You can’t see it from the pic because it was still attached to the wiring. Originally I thought the MP concepts led connector wasn’t compatible. I was wrong. All I simply needed to do was remove the bulb socket from the old one and attach it to the new connector. It was burnt out so badly it was fused to the old connection. I used needle nose pliers to pull it out. Once I saw the contacts on the inside I felt it was best to replace them both. Whenever a new bulb is installed the wiring connector needs to be inserted into the housing and secured in place by twisting until it’s locked. The previous owner didn’t do this. Therefore causing moisture to corrode the bulb sockets.
Yes, there is a rubber O-ring on the bulb holder piece that twists and locks into the side marker housing, as shown in the video I posted above. Was he also using higher wattage bulbs in the stock side markers?

I just bought some smoked side markers (with red LEDs) for my 2015 from AliExpress, they were only $18 + tax for the set. Won't be here for a couple of weeks (shipped from China), but looking forward to installing them.

Last edited:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, I have been through 4 different led markers since 2016 and all of them have burned out, melted or pixillated. Each has been a different brand.
Just put the original markers with an led replacement bulb back and have been good for a year.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, I have been through 4 different led markers since 2016 and all of them have burned out, melted or pixillated. Each has been a different brand.
Any signs of water getting into them? Wonder if the circuit board ends up over heating and failing - ?.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Water got into the first one, learned my lesson. 3 more failed from probable overheating.

JesusThat5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
A10 2020 Mustang Gt, A10 2019 Camaro ss, 2022 RST
How much was the pair of new ones from Ford? You could have just removed the ones out of your stock side lights and put them in the aftermarket side lights.

Hey how do i remove the connection from my old side markers to add to the new ones? that way i won’t have to buy new ones from dealer

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey how do i remove the connection from my old side markers to add to the new ones? that way i won’t have to buy new ones from dealer
The side markers I got looked like this. You just twist and remove the bulb holder out of the stock housing, then remove the light bulb. The connector in the red circle is the same shape as the light bulb base, and it plugs into where the bulb was. Then just reinstall the bulb holder into the new side marker.

1683938142199.png
Sponsored