Sponsored

People complain about steal dealerships but when…

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Of course. Take a look at the housing market; the same thing follows suit.

"We paid $10,000 for this house in 1901 but today we're going to list for 6.2 trillion dollars cause you know, fair market value".

What changed? Did the land all of a sudden start growing golden Scarlet Johansons? Did the house become the Tardis and have infinite space on the inside? Is it sitting on some giant oil reserve and you get the mineral rights as well as the house?

Nope.

Cars the same way. "Ohhh, it's a rare and prestigious car" and some sucker paid for it which resets the bar for the new standard. Rinse and repeat until the prices reach insane levels.

Beautiful car? Yes.
Rare car? Not rare enough to warrant some of the prices.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
this one I will disagree with. I have seen 10x as many GT500s and Porsche GT3Rs as Mach 1s (3, including my own).

hell, today I saw more GT500s than Mach 1s 2 vs my own.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Everyone is trying to make a buck. And honestly there’s more dumbasses willing to pay than ever. Take advantage for as long as you can. It’s a want now generation that can’t save or wait!

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
this one I will disagree with. I have seen 10x as many GT500s and Porsche GT3Rs as Mach 1s (3, including my own).

That's the great thing about the internet. Everyone is entitled to their opinions :)

I saw 2 Mach 1s on my way to dropping my GT off at the Vinyl/PPF/Ceramic place and that is 1.7km away from my house. No joke. Both that beautiful fighter jet grey.

It all depends on where you live and what the average income is there per household. If you live in the Bayou then yeah, chances are it's rare. If you live in the Greater Toronto Area where houses are regularly $1,000,000 or more then it's not so rare.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'd be willing to let go of my 21 Mach 1 at the expenses I put into the car since I have the 22 on the way. The second I say 70k I'd get laughed at because most don't understand how much PPF, ceramic, and tint actually cost on top of the sticker price I paid. A quality shop doing the work isn't just $1500.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Of course. Take a look at the housing market; the same thing follows suit.

"We paid $10,000 for this house in 1901 but today we're going to list for 6.2 trillion dollars cause you know, fair market value".

What changed? Did the land all of a sudden start growing golden Scarlet Johansons? Did the house become the Tardis and have infinite space on the inside? Is it sitting on some giant oil reserve and you get the mineral rights as well as the house?

Nope.

Cars the same way. "Ohhh, it's a rare and prestigious car" and some sucker paid for it which resets the bar for the new standard. Rinse and repeat until the prices reach insane levels.

Beautiful car? Yes.
The difference between a home and car is that the car has a MSRP. Homes are always priced to market value. Even when you build a brand new house. Its priced under the current environment. 2 completely different things in a different type of market.

A better comparison would be to compare cars to computer parts or gaming consoles. Where they both have a MSRP but the stores (and people) are marking them up.

But some of the computer parts manufacturers will sell MSRP directly to consumer. This is why manufacturer direct will win with cars.

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

This ^^^

One. I have seen one Mach1 in the wild in BFE Montana of all places and I live in suburban Tampa and this includes driving past a custom Mustang shop on a regular basis.

OP
OP
OutWest

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
I'd be willing to let go of my 21 Mach 1 at the expenses I put into the car since I have the 22 on the way. The second I say 70k I'd get laughed at because most don't understand how much PPF, ceramic, and tint actually cost on top of the sticker price I paid. A quality shop doing the work isn't just $1500.
The issue is everyone (dealer and private buyers) consider those items (ppf, ceramic) as after market items that they don’t care. Show me a dealer at trade in that will give you the same amount as you paid for them. Besides they are depreciating items (ceramic when you put it is not the same as the current state of your ceramic). Including those items in your price works in an appreciating market. Still you will be competing with the likes of CarMax, who can provide all sorts of backend services (loans, extended warranty etc)

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
With inflation and interest rights still rising I expect car prices to start falling soon enough.

If you are looking to sell, now is the time, if you are looking to buy, be patient and you will find deals soon enough.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The issue is everyone (dealer and private buyers) consider those items (ppf, ceramic) as after market items that they don’t care. Show me a dealer at trade in that will give you the same amount as you paid for them. Besides they are depreciating items (ceramic when you put it is not the same as the current state of your ceramic). Including those items in your price works in an appreciating market. Still you will be competing with the likes of CarMax, who can provide all sorts of backend services (loans, extended warranty etc)
Dealers do not care about any modifications but I do and I'm not handing someone a $6000 job done by an absolute expert for free that's only 6 months old. That's just me though.

PPF/Ceramic isn't just your average modification like bolt on parts. It actually serves a purpose.

OP
OP
OutWest

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Dealers do not care about any modifications but I do and I'm not handing someone a $6000 job done by an absolute expert for free that's only 6 months old. That's just me though.

PPF/Ceramic isn't just your average modification like bolt on parts. It actually serves a purpose.
I hope you find a buyer. It is tough to convince someone for a $70K Mustang. I guess if there is no more production of the HP and someone really wants a HP, then I can see that. Still you are competing with other used HP and new HP (with ADM) in this market

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I hope you find a buyer. It is tough to convince someone for a $70K Mustang. I guess if there is no more production of the HP and someone really wants a HP, then I can see that. Still you are competing with other used HP and new HP (with ADM) in this market
Yeah, I've got the 22 to sell otherwise. I'll have two identical Mach 1's in my garage soon. It's good to have options. Some people are hellbent over that 10 HP loss. More than likely I'll hold onto the 21 unless someone wants all the extra goodies (PS4S/PPF/Ceramic, etc)

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
For me it is not just the pure ADM. It is all the BS dealers toss at the conumer. The add ons like rust protection, or poor financing, or general time suck. Buying a new car should be a enjoyable experience, but greedy ass shady dealers prevent that.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I disagree. The reason people hate dealerships isn't the negotiation part, thats easy, its the extra BS they try to pile into TT&L. I negotiated a deal, went up there to sign papers, and they added in almost 3K in extra BS.

I got so pissed off at my dealer i friended the owner on linked in, told him what was up, and basically called in an airstrike on these clowns. I'm always very forthright and they always think that is weakness but what they don't realize is if they wanna play games i'm on a whole other level.

private sellers never do that. the used market is high and will be crashing within 6 months or so.
Sponsored