Sponsored

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
I was down there two weeks ago with the company. We are a small 5 guys carpenter company.
The boss invited us down there for a fully paid 3 days weekendtrip.
He even paid for my 102 Octane gas. All 5 tanks. 👌🏼
We left Copenhagen at 3 am. and began our 830 km roadtrip down to Nurburgring. We landed mid day, found the hotel, parked the cars and then what we was there for: The experience and just the feel of the area.
Friday we saw some of the track. Got a feel of the vibe that there are alot of it. So many nice cars. Build or bought. Cheap or expensive. It was all there.

Saturday morning he had rented two trips in a BMW M5 CS Ring-Taxi. As I was the only one who wanted to drive there, I got two trips in the taxi. Should be enough to remember all the tricks of the almost 12 mile track right...? Shit no!..👀😂 Dude did the lap in 8:20, Bridge to Gantry, and it was hella fun just to be a passenger.

After the two laps we drove over to watch some track action by the 'Youtube Corner' for a few hours.
I was soaking it all up. If I was to hit the barrier this was NOT the place to do it. 😬
We went up the track to find some shade, as it was 33 Celcius and nothing but blue skies. Me thinking I could remember more of the track, the more I saw...
I was there to try it myself, so after a while I said, I'm ready now. I really wasn't that ready really. I was kinda nervous. My insurance wont cover accidents here, and due to our car taxes it's a 130K'ish USD car. So there's that.
I went to my car, drove the 2-3 miles to the track entry. Swiped my ticket. Drove onto the main straight, accelerated to 183 kmt, before I let it run towards the first turn. There a long series of slow turns at the start. Quickly found my self feeling at ease behind the wheel. Some cars passed me. I passed some. Was hoping to find some cars I could follow around as I couldn't find my way around all the turns. Alot of them are more or less blind.
Well I reached the YT Corner, and then the track was yellow flagged due to two incidents.
Rest of the tracks was all the cars just going back nice and easy.
I drove straight to the ticket booth. I wanted more!
Track was closed for 30 mins. When it opened up again I was at the entrance pretty quick. One slower car was in front of me, thru all the first slow corners, till the Flugplatz right hander. Then I just went with it and drove comfortably fast, but still I was holding back in some of the blind turns and drops (track has a 1000feet height difference). Wanted to get the car home in one piece.
Did the Bridge to Gantry in 9:17, and I'm stoked about that for a first real clean lap.

The guys from work, didn't think I was actually gonna go that fast, but they appreciated the screeching front tires when I went past them. They had spread out, so I got some footy from different corners. Pretty cool to have those.
Next day I gave my boss a ride along, and he enjoyed it a lot, even tho he though I would kill him. 😂 There was alot of fast Porsches that morning, so I wanted them out the way before it was just us without too much traffic. Was 30 sec slower that I did the day before, but we had alot of fun.

I gave my brother a trip down there for x-mas. Hopefully we will be able to go down there this summer. Cant wait!...🤩

Pic is from the Fuschröhre section, and I was going 127 kmt thu the corner. My Pedders coils was on the hardest setting, but the car has a nice lean here.

Moneyshot-lille.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
What mods do you have on the car? You said Pedders, which is great stuff. I had a bud with a 08 GTO that he modded with Pedders stuff and it really improved the car.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
.........so the mustang GT is a 130K car huh? dang. i had no idea i was that fancy.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I was down there two weeks ago with the company. We are a small 5 guys carpenter company.
The boss invited us down there for a fully paid 3 days weekendtrip.
He even paid for my 102 Octane gas. All 5 tanks. 👌🏼
We left Copenhagen at 3 am. and began our 830 km roadtrip down to Nurburgring. We landed mid day, found the hotel, parked the cars and then what we was there for: The experience and just the feel of the area.
Friday we saw some of the track. Got a feel of the vibe that there are alot of it. So many nice cars. Build or bought. Cheap or expensive. It was all there.

Saturday morning he had rented two trips in a BMS M5 CS Ring-Taxi. As I was the only one who wanted to drive there, I got two trips in the taxi. Should be enough to remember all the tricks of the almost 12 mile track right...? Shit no!..👀😂 Dude did the lap in 8:20, Bridge to Gantry, and it was hella fun just to be a passenger.

After the two laps we drove over to watch some track action by the 'Youtube Corner' for a few hours.
I was soaking it all up. If I was to hit the barrier this was NOT the place to do it. 😬
We went up the track to find some shade, as it was 33 Celcius and nothing but blue skies. Me thinking I could remember more of the track, the more I saw...
I was there to try it myself, so after a while I said, I'm ready now. I really wasn't that ready really. I was kinda nervous. My insurance wont cover accidents here, and due to our car taxes it's a 130K'ish USD car. So there's that.
I went to my car, drove the 2-3 miles to the track entry. Swiped my ticket. Drove onto the main straight, accelerated to 183 kmt, before I let it run towards the first turn. There a long series of slow turns at the start. Quickly found my self feeling at ease behind the wheel. Some cars passed me. I passed some. Was hoping to find some cars I could follow around as I couldn't find my way around all the turns. Alot of them are more or less blind.
Well I reached the YT Corner, and then the track was yellow flagged due to two incidents.
Rest of the tracks was all the cars just going back nice and easy.
I drove straight to the ticket booth. I wanted more!
Track was closed for 30 mins. When it opened up again I was at the entrance pretty quick. One slower car was in front of me, thru all the first slow corners, till the Flugplatz right hander. Then I just went with it and drove comfortably fast, but still I was holding back in some of the blind turns and drops (track has a 1000feet height difference). Wanted to get the car home in one piece.
Did the Bridge to Gantry in 9:17, and I'm stoked about that for a first real clean lap.

The guys from work, didn't think I was actually gonna go that fast, but they appreciated the screeching front tires when I went past them. They had spread out, so I got some footy from different corners. Pretty cool to have those.
Next day I gave my boss a ride along, and he enjoyed it a lot, even tho he though I would kill him. 😂 There was alot of fast Porsches that morning, so I wanted them out the way before it was just us without too much traffic. Was 30 sec slower that I did the day before, but we had alot of fun.

I gave my brother a trip down there for x-mas. Hopefully we will be able to go down there this summer. Cant wait!...🤩

Pic is from the Fuschröhre section, and I was going 127 kmt thu the corner. My Pedders coils was on the hardest setting, but the car has a nice lean here.

Moneyshot-lille.jpg
I never thought in a million years I would ever get a chance to drive the Ring and that all came true in 2017 while driving a Suzuki Swift ( Rent 4 Ring) with an instructor and I had the time of my life! I almost decided at the last minute to go it alone and I am so glad I didn't. While I never thought of doing it in the Suzuki I must say the car was the right car for a person who had never driven the Ring except in simulation, especially with all the traffic I had to endure.
If I ever get another chance it will definitely be during the week and not the weekend. While I had a blast it was stressful as hell with all the crazies on the track! I think I remember hearing all together there were around 200 cars, motorcycles, etc on the track that day.
On my last lap, the track was red-flagged and I was basically all alone my instructor said it was all mine to let it rip so I was able to take full advantage of him giving me the lines to run and it was insane.

nurburgring 2.jpg

nurburgring 1.jpg

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
.........so the mustang GT is a 130K car huh? dang. i had no idea i was that fancy.
Yeah, I just looked at Ford's web site for Denmark. A GT starts at 807,000 krone, and the exchange rate makes that about $113,000. Add a couple of options, and you'd be at $130,000.
1656686249129.png

...I was kinda nervous. My insurance wont cover accidents here, and due to our car taxes it's a 130K'ish USD car. So there's that.
That's about 3 times the price of my Mustang GT-PP, so what does all that tax pay for?
Really nice roads?
A large police force, standing by to give you speeding tickets? :giggle:

Last edited:

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Yeah, I just look at Ford's web site for Denmark. A GT starts at 807,000 krone, and the exchange rate makes that about $113,000. Add a couple of options, and you'd be at $130,000.

That's about 3 times the price of my Mustang GT-PP, so what does all that tax pay for?
Really nice roads? A large police force, standing by to give you speeding tickets?
The same thing lots of tax always pay for... tyranny.

OP
OP
LarsenGrind

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
What mods do you have on the car? You said Pedders, which is great stuff. I had a bud with a 08 GTO that he modded with Pedders stuff and it really improved the car.
Im on 10x20 squared Niche Misanos. 275/295 Pilot Sport 4S. +5mm front, and -5 in the back.
Lovered 1,5'ish inch front and back. Pedders eXtreme XA Coil overs.
They are super great as this is our daily family car, with two girls at 3 and 12 in the back. So for normal driving I ride quite soft, and for track fun, super hard.
APR Performance splitter out front.
Anderson Composites diffuser and 350R style wing in the rear.
OE strut tower brace, as our exports PP's comes without those.
350 steering wheel with stitching matching the car Yelllow Jacket Stitching. 🐝
PP gauges. +18 digital cluster.
All light are redone, so full sequentials, front, back and sidemirror.
LED sidemarkers.
AWE catback quads (not on the car now tho, as police targets modified cars, and here its a really loud exhaust).
Light up GT logo in the back
Plus all the small stuff I forgot. 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
LarsenGrind

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
I never thought in a million years I would ever get a chance to drive the Ring and that all came true in 2017 while driving a Suzuki Swift ( Rent 4 Ring) with an instructor and I had the time of my life! I almost decided at the last minute to go it alone and I am so glad I didn't. While I never thought of doing it in the Suzuki I must say the car was the right car for a person who had never driven the Ring except in simulation, especially with all the traffic I had to endure.
If I ever get another chance it will definitely be during the week and not the weekend. While I had a blast it was stressful as hell with all the crazies on the track! I think I remember hearing all together there were around 200 cars, motorcycles, etc on the track that day.
On my last lap, the track was red-flagged and I was basically all alone my instructor said it was all mine to let it rip so I was able to take full advantage of him giving me the lines to run and it was insane.
Thats soo awesome, U had an instuctor. Great experience for sure. Lots of smaller cars there giving it the beans..

OP
OP
LarsenGrind

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Yeah, I just looked at Ford's web site for Denmark. A GT starts at 807,000 krone, and the exchange rate makes that about $113,000. Add a couple of options, and you'd be at $130,000.

Really nice roads?
A large police force, standing by to give you speeding tickets? :giggle:
Yes we have super nice roads here.
We have free hospitals and doctors....free Healthcare.
Education is free here, and when U turn 18 U get paid to go to school. Highschool to universities...U can get a full education without a hefty debt afterwards.
Also no need for any police or whatever, and schools or any institutions, as no one have access to guns.
14 months paid maternity leave.
6 weeks paid vacation each year.
This year we have 13 Holidays, and anyone thats on a mon-friday, we get the day off, and get money too. This year I think its 7. The rest comes as a 'bonus' at the last paycheck of the year.

We basically got a completely different system of that to the US.
High taxes yeah, but we are always ranked at the top on the 'happist people' chart.

Fun cars are expensive here for sure, so most ppl just lease them. I have a friend with a '19 GT, and she pays about 1.000 USD each month on her lease. The 'green' roadtaxes on top of that, insurance. That quickly runs up too.

We have alot of 'undercover' vans, that takes photos when we speed, but alot of us drives with a 'Saphe' warning system/app. It works wonders. And the vans all looks the same, with a little 'bulge' on the roof, so easy to spot, and warn other via the little box in the car.