I wanted to say Goodbye

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I want to tell everyone on the Shelby forum goodbye. Many did not know that my car has been suffering from a freak electrical issue that arose in May of this year and stretched into October. What first seemed simple like an odd shaped mole became something of a much bigger concern. Weeks turned into months and a “you’re getting your car back” turned into “you are in buyback territory and you need to come to terms with that.” The car was at the dealership for almost half a year, multiple engineers from both Ford local and Dearborn drove and flew out to try to fix the issue.

Yesterday Ford bought my car back and the vehicle was transferred over to them. I want to be clear: my vehicle never had any motor issues, never used any oil—the engine and the vehicle in a while was perfect for almost 3 years of ownership, until this issue arose at 16,000 miles. A novel electrical issue, it was something that Ford had not seen a car exhibit, an electrical issue that caused an intermittent failure to start, cycle start issues. Things of this nature can happen to any car, to any brand—it’s the roll of the dice whether it happens to you, unfortunately it happened to me.

During this 5.5 month journey as Ford tried to get me back in my car by bringing out their top investigative engineers, as hope of keeping it started to seem dim, I realized something that I wanted to share:

• You never know what is going to happen, so enjoy life while you can. Go for that extra drive, take that extra trip, go to one more track day a year—trust me, you’ll regret if one day you find out that there are no more trips.

In the last 3 years, I had some of the greatest moments of my life behind the wheel of that car. It will always be missed.

I was honored to own a new Shelby GT350R—it was, and still is my dream car.

Ford took care of me, they went above and beyond. Everyone from executives to heads of engineering teams back in Dearborn. When they heard that a GT350R was down, it was like someone yelled “broken arrow” and everyone jumped into action, sending all the planes and all the troops. Unfortunately, there came a time where I had to move on.
I’ll be in another Ford in a few months time, but this post isn’t about that. It’s about telling you all to enjoy every moment in your car.

If I happen to see you at a show I will tell you “beautiful car! Best sounding motor I’ve ever heard; one of the greatest driving cars that I’ve ever experienced”.

Take care everyone,

I’m Ron Burgundy, signing off

-Brett

1635258909337.gif

Image.jpeg

Image_1.jpeg

Image_2.jpeg

Image_3.jpeg

Image_4.jpeg

Image_5.jpeg
Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Sorry to hear!! Hope you stick around, love your posts and pics

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Sorry to hear as well- sounds like the dealer did their part as well- was positive experience despite being a horrible experience- if you dont mind me asking since I am in the same neck of the woods as you (guessing since Im close to Angel stadium as well) what dealer did you use?

Cplennon17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Such a beautiful color too! Sorry to hear of your issues, glad Ford actually took it very serious though. Good luck in the future!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
If it were me, I'd ask Ford to PLEASE take the car back, rip everything mechanical/electrical out of it, rebuild the car and re-start the warranty. Sorry this happened to you, and glad they were relentless in getting it sorted.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Sorry to hear!! Hope you stick around, love your posts and pics
Brett, I would respectfully request that you reconsider saying "Goodbye" to all of us GT350/R gearheads as I certainly know how passionate, knowledgeable and well informed that you are about not only the 2nd generation GT350/R's but also for all aspects pertaining to the Blue Oval Brand.

Very sorry and regretful to have watched your 2018 LF Gray R scenario unfold the way that it did but as you mentioned this was an anomaly that was centered soley around an electrical issue that for some reason could not be rectified on a full time basis.

Looking forward to hearing more about your new ride sometime in the near future but in the mean time I hope that you will continue to be a regular contributor on our Shelby GT350 Mustang forum as your comments, ideas and contributions are very much appreciated by not only myself but also by many other fellow Shelby GT350 members as well. :like::like:

Whatever your decision please continue to stay in touch in some fashion!! :)

Ando88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Sorry to see you go, loved reading your posts. Any ideas on what your next (Ford) toy will be?

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Did anyone else get watery eyes reading this? Take care and when you are ready to purchase another R, please do so ASAP.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
First off, thanks for the update. I’m sorry that happened to you and your R. I appreciate the full story and cautionary note.

Secondly, the place won’t be the same without you. Please reconsider leaving altogether.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Did anyone else get watery eyes reading this? Take care and when you are ready to purchase another R, please do so ASAP.
Yes!
General consensus is Brett must stay for a minimum of one more year.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Bet there aren’t as many cool people on the Vette forum. I always thought they all wear speedos with gold chains and a cigar. Lol.:cwl:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
There is about a snowballs chance in Hell Brett will be gone. 😁
Sponsored