Ben Calimer Transmissions

downtoearth1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ordered the stage 3 Ben Calimer transmission. Was told 6 weeks turnaround on the build. Sent the transmission on July 23rd. They received it on the 27th. Reached out August 30th and was told 2 more weeks. Just reached out for a update. Now I'm being told another 3 weeks as they still processing orders. Beware of vendors that are unable to standby their word. It would have been nice to at least get updated on the delays in the build vs me wondering why I haven't heard from them.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That’s crazy! It always seems to be the same ish on a different day, from a different vendor.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I get why you're annoyed about the lack of communications, but these aren't exactly commodity parts, they're built to a spec by a vendor with a certain amount of throughput and a certain lag time in ordering the commodity parts that. make up the transmission. You're not buying parts off the shelf, like a tail light or a speedometer.

JR

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’ve been here many times in life. In fact, my wife and I are going through it again right now with the building of our new home. Delay here, delay there and no communication to keep us up to speed as to what is to be expected. We have to ask for updates and may or may not get any. We moved to Florida 94 days ago and come next Friday, we will have moved three times (granted it’s been in the same apartment building, but it’s still a huge hassle). Our completion date has been moved five times thus far. I’m afraid this could even get worse before it gets better. I know what’s happening though and that is, businesses don’t want to turn down any money. Instead of telling a potential customer up front to expect delays, a lot of businesses say they can do this or that or have this or that in stock, when they really don’t, instead of leveling with said potential customer and giving them the option to either ride it out with them or move on to another business that may have little or no wait time. Here’s what needs to be said whenever excuses are made.

OP
OP
downtoearth1986

downtoearth1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I get why you're annoyed about the lack of communications, but these aren't exactly commodity parts, they're built to a spec by a vendor with a certain amount of throughput and a certain lag time in ordering the commodity parts that. make up the transmission. You're not buying parts off the shelf, like a tail light or a speedometer.

JR
I get things happen with parts and all. It's just the communication part for me. When I spoke to him on August 30th he stated they still was behind processing June builds. I just don't understand how a business can tell someone 6 weeks build time and collect money up front and to not communicate with the customer. And it's just crazy because if they were behind in orders I would have accepted the truth up front. So now a 6 week build is more like a +15 week build if they're still trying to catch up on June orders.

Same thing happened with whipple this year. I understand the pandemic and all but alot of vendors was using that for every get out of jail free card. I was told 8 weeks for it. Ordered mid December and didn't receive until May. But the vendors have no problems collecting full payment up front. And I was given the run around with whipple as well.
I ordered parts from Lethal Performance and a representative I spoke with was clueless if a item was in stock or not. They should list on the website if parts are in stock or not. And the vendors they partner with be out of stock as well. A simple order turned into a 4 week waiting period because someone there assumed to postpone my whole order because 1 out sourced part was on back order, so all my other items they had in stock didn't ship until I had to constantly call.
I normally don't even complain about this type of stuff but many vendors service has been garbage.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I get things happen with parts and all. It's just the communication part for me. When I spoke to him on August 30th he stated they still was behind processing June builds. I just don't understand how a business can tell someone 6 weeks build time and collect money up front and to not communicate with the customer. And it's just crazy because if they were behind in orders I would have accepted the truth up front. So now a 6 week build is more like a +15 week build if they're still trying to catch up on June orders.

Same thing happened with whipple this year. I understand the pandemic and all but alot of vendors was using that for every get out of jail free card. I was told 8 weeks for it. Ordered mid December and didn't receive until May. But the vendors have no problems collecting full payment up front. And I was given the run around with whipple as well.
I ordered parts from Lethal Performance and a representative I spoke with was clueless if a item was in stock or not. They should list on the website if parts are in stock or not. And the vendors they partner with be out of stock as well. A simple order turned into a 4 week waiting period because someone there assumed to postpone my whole order because 1 out sourced part was on back order, so all my other items they had in stock didn't ship until I had to constantly call.
I normally don't even complain about this type of stuff but many vendors service has been garbage.
You’re not wrong at all in how you feel. I’m so sick of that kind of BS. I too have been the victim of every scenario that you just mentioned. It is a big deal (at least for me anyways), because I’m not rich and the last thing I want to do is have my hard earned money tied up with a company that misrepresented up front. Not cool at all.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack

I'm with you, honestly, I am. I've been dealing with large companies lately that SHOULD have inventory (outside of car parts). I waited 11 weeks for a plumbing fixture for a bathroom renovation that I'm doing, only to have it arrived damaged. Of course, Delta couldn't just replace the part that was bent up out of the box, they have to replace the whole thing, which will take another three weeks.

Communication is key, though. Odds are, if they're accepting payment up front, it's because they were burned in the past by a deal gone south, where they did work up front, and didn't get paid. So, to protect themselves, they pivot that risk onto the customer.

I'm not saying Calimer won't come through. He seems to have a pretty good reputation, and maybe he's just in over his head right now, has too much work, not enough parts, whatever. That said, the most important thing you can do in situations like this is to buy things on a GOOD credit card that will fight for you if you get screwed.

JR

eyeSab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
eyeSab
Vehicle(s)
07 Phb Exige S
hello, how can i solve this problem with this page showing? eyeg

OP
OP
downtoearth1986

downtoearth1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Transmission finally arrived Thursday. Had the wrong address but luckily my FedEx driver knew me from delivering other parts. He almost took it back to FedEx. But Calimer transmission never called me to provide me with shipping delivery details/no tracking number. I was unaware of the arrival smh. Long story short transmission is in the vehicle and it is shifting without issues.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Transmission finally arrived Thursday. Had the wrong address but luckily my FedEx driver knew me from delivering other parts. He almost took it back to FedEx. But Calimer transmission never called me to provide me with shipping delivery details/no tracking number. I was unaware of the arrival smh. Long story short transmission is in the vehicle and it is shifting without issues.
Glad to hear you finally received the transmission and it’s working well for you. What clutch did you install with it? Please come back and keep us updated as to how well it performs after you’ve had a chance to wring it out really good.

Sponsored
OP
OP
downtoearth1986

downtoearth1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Glad to hear you finally received the transmission and it’s working well for you. What clutch did you install with it? Please come back and keep us updated as to how well it performs after you’ve had a chance to wring it out really good.
I went a unusual route with the clutch. It's the centerforce DYAD. Trans shifts like butter. Still breaking it in and dataloging for palm beach. But overall satisfied. Took 13wks to receive instead of the 6wks just incase anyone is looking to go the stage 3 route.

20211007_135125.jpg

20210730_134910.jpg

20211011_001640.jpg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Very nice! I’ll be checking back in with you after you’ve had time to put it through it’s paces, to see if the BC stage 3 is as good as it gets!
Sponsored