Prices are on the rise......

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Looking at auctions and at cars for sale on Autotrader, Cars, eBay Motors, etc, has me pondering the question:

What are the most numerous colors of R models?

I haven’t seen any effect on values as I’ve seen some black examples which seem to be more common sale for high prices. Still, the question arises.

For 2018 the R model colors to numbers were:

Black: 211
White: 111
Leadfoot Gray: 107
Kona Blue: 44
Metallic Gray: 51
Lightning Blue: 37
Race Red: 19
Orange Fury: 30
Ruby Red: 17
Yellow: 6

If anyone else has the official numbers for the other years sans 2020 which is still outstanding, I’m curious if the trend continues for black and Oxford white being the most numerous colors for the R models.

And obviously, I’m just wondering colors overall, not the breakdown of stripes or stripe delete, black roof, or stripe color.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Looking at auctions and at cars for sale on Autotrader, Cars, eBay Motors, etc, has me pondering the question:

What are the most numerous colors of R models?

I haven’t seen any effect on values as I’ve seen some black examples which seem to be more common sale for high prices. Still, the question arises.

For 2018 the R model colors to numbers were:

Black: 211
White: 111
Leadfoot Gray: 107
Kona Blue: 44
Metallic Gray: 51
Lightning Blue: 37
Race Red: 19
Orange Fury: 30
Ruby Red: 17
Yellow: 6

If anyone else has the official numbers for the other years sans 2020 which is still outstanding, I’m curious if the trend continues for black and Oxford white being the most numerous colors for the R models.

And obviously, I’m just wondering colors overall, not the breakdown of stripes or stripe delete, black roof, or stripe color.
Brett, in addition to your 2018 R model production numbers here are some facts that I can pass along.

Number of GT350R exterior colors for the 6 model year run - 20 (R's N/A in CO in 2015/2016)
Number of GT350 exterior colors for the 6 model year run - 21 (CO available in 2015 & 2016)
Number of GT350R exterior colors used for all 6 model years - 4 (SB, OW, MG & RR))
Number of GT350R's built for the first 5 model years - 2,944
Number of GT350R's built in Shadow Black for the first 5 model years - 924 (31.4%)
Number of GT350R's built in Oxford White for the first 5 model years - 675 (22.9%)
Number of GT350R's built in Magnetic Gray - 313 (10.6%)
Top 3 exterior colors for the first 5 model years - (65%)

Having owned 2 Shadow Black Base R models I have to agree with @DrumReaper that the Shadow Black R's are the most sexy and sinister looking R models produced of the 20 exterior colors that were available over the 6 year R model production run.

As a side note the very first R model assembled namely "F0001" was ordered in Oxford White and was a Base R model and the very last Base R model built in April 2018 was chassis "JR394" and was ordered in Shadow Black and came with no OTT stripes.

Based on the above data it is obvious that both Shadow Black and Oxford White R's were the most popular colors over the first 5 MY's and suggest that trend will continue once we receive the 2020 production numbers later this month. :wink:

:like: :like:

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Brett, in addition to your 2018 R model production numbers here are some facts that I can pass along.

Number of GT350R exterior colors for the 6 model year run - 20 (R's N/A in CO in 2015/2016)
Number of GT350 exterior colors for the 6 model year run - 21 (CO available in 2015 & 2016)
Number of GT350R exterior colors used for all 6 model years - 4 (SB, OW, MG & RR))
Number of GT350R's built for the first 5 model years - 2,944
Number of GT350R's built in Shadow Black for the first 5 model years - 924 (31.4%)
Number of GT350R's built in Oxford White for the first 5 model years - 675 (22.9%)
Number of GT350R's built in Magnetic Gray - 313 (10.6%)
Top 3 exterior colors for the first 5 model years - (65%)

Having owned 2 Shadow Black Base R models I have to agree with @DrumReaper that the Shadow Black R's are the most sexy and sinister looking R models produced of the 20 exterior colors that were available over the 6 year R model production run.

As a side note the very first R model assembled namely "F0001" was ordered in Oxford White and was a Base R model and the very last Base R model built in April 2018 was chassis "JR394" and was ordered in Shadow Black and came with no OTT stripes.

Based on the above data it is obvious that both Shadow Black and Oxford White R's were the most popular colors over the first 5 MY's and suggest that trend will continue once we receive the 2020 production numbers later this month. :wink:

:like: :like:
Thank you so much Harry for compiling that data and showing the percentage. Also thanks for breakdown of the number of colors throughout the production run. Great information that answered my question and puts into perspective that colors that I’m seeing on vehicles that are for sale.

Great information for anyone who’s in the buyers/collector market.

Interpreting the numbers I would expect that Ford has a lot of market research behind the percentage breakdown minus cars that were ordered via customers. So I think it’s clear that Ford believes black and white cars sells better, thus the quantities of those vehicles were increased. For the white, I would imagine that Ford wanted a white car with blue stripes to be one of the most numerous as it harkins back to the heritage of the vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Dude, lol, I get all that, trust me… I have my second R right now. My point, which you have made yours in spades, is that the 15’ Track Pack at sub-$75k is gonna be the cheapest 2015 close to an R you can get without paying unobtanium prices.
Obviously I misunderstood your post

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thank you so much Harry for compiling that data and showing the percentage. Also thanks for breakdown of the number of colors throughout the production run. Great information that answered my question and puts into perspective that colors that I’m seeing on vehicles that are for sale.

Great information for anyone who’s in the buyers/collector market.

Interpreting the numbers I would expect that Ford has a lot of market research behind the percentage breakdown minus cars that were ordered via customers. So I think it’s clear that Ford believes black and white cars sells better, thus the quantities of those vehicles were increased. For the white, I would imagine that Ford wanted a white car with blue stripes to be one of the most numerous as it harkins back to the heritage of the vehicle.
Certainly agree with your comments regarding Ford's market research which centered around important exterior body colors.

To your point there were only 4 exterior colors that Ford decided to continue from the 2015 launch year and right through until the final 2020 production year which were Black, White, Red and Gray.

In addition to all the Oxford White GT350/R's for the final production year Ford decided to produce an additional ~820 Wimbledon White cars for the 2020 model year therefore it will be very interesting to see how all the final production numbers play out for this last production year of the 2nd generation GT350/Rs?

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Mine sold last week.

MINT 17 with 14k miles. Wholesaler from TX flew up and bought it. 56k.

PXL_20210823_185837241.jpg

I paid 47 in 19 with 8K miles on him.
1631043379859.gif

No Vettelish. No! Who else will I make F1 related jokes that get ignored.

One F1 fan to another: I wish you the best in your next car.

Sponsored

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
1631043379859.gif

No Vettelish. No! Who else will I make F1 related jokes that get ignored.

One F1 fan to another: I wish you the best in your next car.

Dont worry I will still be here!! New one coming soon.

o and F mazaspin, man did he f vettel in Q1.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Dont worry I will still be here!! New one coming soon.

o and F mazaspin, man did he f vettel in Q1.
It’s Maza-spin. Him fucking up stuff is a given. If he wasn’t messing up someone’s race, I would think he was sick.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
He shouldn’t be in F1 in my opinion, not that my opinion matters. He’s not up to par, by a long shot.

It’s Maza-spin. Him fucking up stuff is a given. If he wasn’t messing up someone’s race, I would think he was sick.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
He shouldn’t be in F1 in my opinion, not that my opinion matters. He’s not up to par, by a long shot.
He totally should not be in F1. He is always 2 seconds behind everyone else. His seat should’ve went to IIot who’s now Indy bound. But for Mazepin’s father pretty much buying the Haas F1 team, he wouldn’t be in that seat.
Sponsored

Last edited: