Sponsored

Favorite ONE mod that you have done.

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
Four 19" x 11" wheels with 305-30-19 Michelin's. Stiffer; lower Steeda Springs would be a close second. This turns the PP1 Package into a close to if not equal performer to a GT 350 of similar vintage...the camber plates certainly don't hurt either. The base suspension is so good, it doesn't take much to turn your steed into a 3,700 pound go-cart!
Is this setup square I guess? Can you rotate front to rear? Any spacers? Which wheels? Have any pics because it sounds awesome!
Sponsored

OP
OP
velocity550

velocity550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
One favorite mod is going to 305/30-19's. I love how easy it is to put huge tires on the S550, it was always such an ordeal to put even a 255 tire on my old Mopar muscle cars. The Mustang just swallows them up and looks like a factory option - and of course they are. Grip is fantastic even with A/S tires, and it just looks... so... good...
50916679986_b5c753f98b_c.jpg
PP2 Splitter Installed- Clean by clair_davis, on Flickr

Looks really nice!

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
2$ Hose clamp I put on the drive shaft to get rid of 50-60 mph vibration.
Thanks to reading about this fix on an m6g thread!

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Is this setup square I guess? Can you rotate front to rear? Any spacers? Which wheels? Have any pics because it sounds awesome!

I'm thinking yes, and have been tossing the idea around myself. Next time I put the car up for an oil change, that includes a tire rotation. Going to answer that question for myself. My car a PP2 has 11" rear rims .

mikethedude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium US Spec
Unless you did it yourself, wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy silver wheels :giggle:

Also, lighter. Those factory wheels are hella heavy for no discernable reason.
It cost me $80 per wheel to paint the whole complete wheel (inside and out) here in Dubai. Wheels are kind of expensive here but labor is cheap. I don't think I could have bought a set of wheels for $320

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
At least in my case, the wheels are all 11x19 +50mm offset. That requires a 20-25mm spacer in front and longer wheel studs. That will let you rotate tires easily. The factory PP2 wheels are different offset and width, so no option to rotate tires without removing tires from the wheels.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I'd say the hood struts are the most useful mod I've done. Everytime I open the hood I'm so glad I don't have that stupid kick stand in the way anymore.
Yep, that's one of the first things I put on my car. I have to wonder why they didn't make it standard equipment but then after seeing other domestic cars that came stock with it and having the hood falling on your head as the struts got weak after only a couple of years, I though it made some sense. I kept my hood prop where it was so if and when my struts get weak, I can still put the prop on as a safety net.

The other thing I did was install the JLT oil separator on the PCV system. I've seen how much oil collects inside the intake runners and manifolds of other cars I've pulled them off from and can imagine how much of it just messes up the insides of the manifold as well as getting burned up with the fuel charge (tiny effect on power?). Also installing jacking rails underneath was a nice addition not just for rotating tires but knowing it does help stiffen the underbody a little.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
At least in my case, the wheels are all 11x19 +50mm offset. That requires a 20-25mm spacer in front and longer wheel studs. That will let you rotate tires easily. The factory PP2 wheels are different offset and width, so no option to rotate tires without removing tires from the wheels.
To rotate you swap L & R, will throw a rear wheel on the front and find out if the offset will not work, just guessing until tried.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta go with a pair of MT Street S/S

I run those on my 34, nice tires, could fill the gap. As a stand in, if cup2's get too scarce.

Post a shot of them mounted, you say pair so thinking drag racer. Bet they would make a Mustang planted with 4 .
:champagne:

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What's the smartTop module? Is it something for the convertible folks?

Found this
Enjoy the sunny side of life more efficiently with the unique SmartTOP module and upgrade your ride to become even more intelligent. Open and close your convertible top from a distance or operate the top while moving, all at the touch of a button.

Last line does not sound so smart ? .......................LMAO
Sponsored