Sponsored

Have You Ever Been Deployed?

Have You Been Deployed (Regardless of Country)?

• Total voters

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I consulted a friend on here before I posted this and he told me he was okay with it. I’m taking his advice. How many loyal Mustang owners have been deployed including family. I think the number who have will be the lower then those who haven’t but the goal here is to thank those who have. I have not but I respect all who have going back to my father. So I am a YES.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Both grand fathers served but only one deployed in Korea. Would have to ask about the other one but he was in army and navy. I was never “in” but have deployed as a civilian contractor to Iraq and Afghanistan. My wife is out now but she’s been to Iraq and Afghanistan and stationed in Korea a few years as a soldier.

Iraq was like a payed vacation for me except we got indirectly shot at with mortars and rockets once or twice a week. Work was busy at the start and end of deployment but super slow in the middle like 7 months. Mostly raced around and broke my RC car and had constant shipments of parts coming in from rcplanet.

Iraq was dirty but Afghanistan totally had Iraq holding its beer. Nasty place! NATO base surrounded the “poo pond”that was the water treatment area, basically a lake of disgusting. And it would rain and flood and get everywhere. 🤢 Work was more consistent so no RC car this time. My wife was deployed at the same time but in a different area so we never got to see each other. And she was where the Afghans were killing the soldiers after those soldiers trained them. Flag at half staff almost every day and sometimes weeks going by before we could have a spotty at best phone conversation for just a few minutes. Insanely stressful. She was on a blackout FOB meaning when something would happen, nothing in or out to include phone calls and internet. So I never knew if it was her or her friend or anyone else that got got. Many other things added to the terrible here and we were both crazy happy to make it out of that mess. Couple weeks after I got home and I transferred business units in my company so I wouldn’t go to any more war zones. She got out a few years later.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Both grand fathers served but only one deployed in Korea. Would have to ask about the other one but he was in army and navy. I was never “in” but have deployed as a civilian contractor to Iraq and Afghanistan. My wife is out now but she’s been to Iraq and Afghanistan and stationed in Korea a few years as a soldier.

Iraq was like a payed vacation for me except we got indirectly shot at with mortars and rockets once or twice a week. Work was busy at the start and end of deployment but super slow in the middle like 7 months. Mostly raced around and broke my RC car and had constant shipments of parts coming in from rcplanet.

Iraq was dirty but Afghanistan totally had Iraq holding its beer. Nasty place! NATO base surrounded the “poo pond”that was the water treatment area, basically a lake of disgusting. And it would rain and flood and get everywhere. 🤢 Work was more consistent so no RC car this time. My wife was deployed at the same time but in a different area so we never got to see each other. And she was where the Afghans were killing the soldiers after those soldiers trained them. Flag at half staff almost every day and sometimes weeks going by before we could have a spotty at best phone conversation for just a few minutes. Insanely stressful. She was on a blackout FOB meaning when something would happen, nothing in or out to include phone calls and internet. So I never knew if it was her or her friend or anyone else that got got. Many other things added to the terrible here and we were both crazy happy to make it out of that mess. Couple weeks after I got home and I transferred business units in my company so I wouldn’t go to any more war zones. She got out a few years later.
That is an incredible love story my friend. I’m glad only one grandfather deployed. You are obviously younger than me because it was my Dad who was in Korea. Lived a great life but unfortunately Alzheimer’s got him right after retirement. He was the one who showed me how great cars could be. He had some great ones starting with a ‘57 Chevy Bel Air. I wish he could see this one. He would’ve loved the Coyote.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
That is an incredible love story my friend. I’m glad only one grandfather deployed. You are obviously younger than me because it was my Dad who was in Korea. Lived a great life but unfortunately Alzheimer’s got him right after retirement. He was the one who showed me how great cars could be. He had some great ones starting with a ‘57 Chevy Bel Air. I wish he could see this one. He would’ve loved the Coyote.
My dad is a retired mechanic and grew up with all the hot rods. He has a Prius soon to be replace with some EV when they decide on one. His other car is a 69 nova with a little 572 in it lol. My brother and I both got new cars in 2019. He got a STI and my dad gives mine all the attention. He’s owned a few mustangs while I was growing up. Both my brother and I do other things but are mechanical in nature and do a lot of things ourselves with our cars.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My dad is a retired mechanic and grew up with all the hot rods. He has a Prius soon to be replace with some EV when they decide on one. His other car is a 69 nova with a little 572 in it lol. My brother and I both got new cars in 2019. He got a STI and my dad gives mine all the attention. He’s owned a few mustangs while I was growing up. Both my brother and I do other things but are mechanical in nature and do a lot of things ourselves with our cars.
When I was growing up my dad didn’t get much into hot rods like he used to. His bread-and-butter was a 1977 Oldsmobile Delta 88 baby blue convertible. It was the talk of the town…it was so beautiful… all the kids wanted to ride in it to the ice cream shop after our Little League games whether we won or lost. One day he sold it and I didn’t know why. He bought a 1989 Pontiac GTA right after I bought my first 1988 GT. I think he was competing. 🤔

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You can never say Thank You enough to our service men & women! My son is currently serving in the Air Force. Quite proud of the boy.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I have not, but family members have.
So I voted no.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My profound thanks to all who have served our country, or will do so.

I never saw any military service, thanks to my Dad; he spent 1968 through 1970 in Vietnam. As a semi-aimless teen I expressed interest in possibly joining the military, but Dad steadfastly maintained that I would be going to school.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I have been helping my mother move and I stumbled upon this old photo of my great uncle from my Dads side in a random photo album. Thought I'd share it with you guys. I don't really know much about my dad's side of the family. I'm not on good terms with my father because of reasons I don't want to get into but my parents had an ugly long drawn divorce when I was a kid.

This is my great-great uncle who served in WW1 and was in the 369th Infantry Division, the Harlem Hellfighters. It was a very proud moment when I discovered this, because people like him have paved the way for people like me who wanted to serve.

I remember my father telling me that I decended from a long line of warriors.

20210625_134356.jpg

My brother and I both joined the Army aftee high school and went into the Infantry, I was in the 101st and he was in the 82nd. Both went to Afghanistan at different times. Sadly, he went during a really bad time and was in a very bad situation. He has irreparably changed and suffers heavily from PTSD and drug abuse. It is a very sad and ugly situation. I've tried my best to help but there's only so much I can do being the younger brother as well as having my own problems.

On my mother's side my great uncle joined the Army and served in Korea. He has a son (which is my cousin?) that also went into the Army and deployed to Afghanistan.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I have been helping my mother move and I stumbled upon this old photo of my great uncle from my Dads side in a random photo album. Thought I'd share it with you guys. I don't really know much about my dad's side of the family. I'm not on good terms with my father because of reasons I don't want to get into but my parents had an ugly long drawn divorce when I was a kid.

This is my great-great uncle who served in WW1 and was in the 369th Infantry Division, the Harlem Hellfighters. It was a very proud moment when I discovered this, because people like him have paved the way for people like me who wanted to serve.

I remember my father telling me that I decended from a long line of warriors.

20210625_134356.jpg

My brother and I both joined the Army aftee high school and went into the Infantry, I was in the 101st and he was in the 82nd. Both went to Afghanistan at different times. Sadly, he went during a really bad time and was in a very bad situation. He has irreparably changed and suffers heavily from PTSD and drug abuse. It is a very sad and ugly situation. I've tried my best to help but there's only so much I can do being the younger brother as well as having my own problems.

On my mother's side my great uncle joined the Army and served in Korea. He has a son (which is my cousin?) that also went into the Army and deployed to Afghanistan.
Everyone has their own problems. You're awesome.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
My great grandfather was in navy at peal Harbor and grandpa was there as was Serving in the army . Had a Uncle that served in the marines during Vietnam. I joined the army in 97 was deployed couple times to Iraq, first time was with the the M1 tanks ,second time mostly just recovering blown up MRAPS , and Servicing and repairingThe M1117 ASVs. While I was over there during my last deployment in 09..was able to Convince My little cousin to join the army. Was more like my little brother. He became a combat medic and did a deployment over in In Afghanistan. Sadly it was a hard deployment for him and when he got back home to ft hood ..he took his own life on 4th of July 2012 .I'm currently still serving. I thank all that have served and there sacrifices not only them but ther Families as well.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
My great grandfather was in navy at peal Harbor and grandpa was there as was Serving in the army . Had a Uncle that served in the marines during Vietnam. I joined the army in 97 was deployed couple times to Iraq, first time was with the the M1 tanks ,second time mostly just recovering blown up MRAPS , and Servicing and repairingThe M1117 ASVs. While I was over there during my last deployment in 09..was able to Convince My little cousin to join the army. Was more like my little brother. He became a combat medic and did a deployment over in In Afghanistan. Sadly it was a hard deployment for him and when he got back home to ft hood ..he took his own life on 4th of July 2012 .I'm currently still serving. I thank all that have served and there sacrifices not only them but ther Families as well.
PTSD is real. So sorry for your cousin.
My neighbors son was drafted into Vietnam war. He was 20, I was 7 or 8 at the time. Cozzie was like my big brother. He’d take me with him places. He never came home. Stepped on ied or mine and he was gone. I found out a few years later. RIP PFC Cosmo Pacetta Jr. I never forgot you.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Thanks to your family for your service. Very sorry to hear about your cousin. That's really rough. I lost a brother (very good friend) similarly when he took his life shortly after we got back from Afghanistan as civilian contractors. He was a marine...well he's still a marine wherever he is now right? He always used to tell me through the years of my on again/off again gym phases that he preferred "fit Mark". In 2014 when I summited Pikes Peak on a bicycle, I pulled the phone out and left a pretty emotional selfie video dedicating it to him. It helped the grieving process quite a bit.
Sponsored