Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
You can opt in to that however, the PPF is thicker than vinyl so it will not line up and you may have pick up issues down the road. Everyone with a Mach 1 that has done it has just done the full hood. Honestly the sticker still looks great underneath.
just a clarification i want to point out, i had my PPF done locally and the installer did the hood and cut out around the vinyl by hand. Without knowing there is PPF applied, you can't tell its there. I don't know the thickness but it matches up to the hood sticker about as perfectly as it can. I chose to do it this way to prevent any potential lifting of the sticker if/when the PPF has to be reapplied in the future.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jay at Granger

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
just a clarification i wanted point out, i had my PPF done locally and the installer did the hood and cut out around the vinyl by hand. Without knowing there is PPF applied, you can't tell its there. I don't know the thickness but it matches up to the hood sticker about as perfectly as it can. I chose to do it this way to prevent any potential lifting of the sticker if/when the PPF has to be reapplied in the future.
You should post some photos so we can see!

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Don’t have a mach 1 but I can attest to the attention to detail Jay has for his job and these cars. He handled the install of my supercharger on my 2021 gt. Anyone on the fence about anything granger does get it done. They are a great group of guys and do top notch work.
Thanks Jay.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Hey Jay and Zach, ordered my HP premium on April 26th. Going into production on September 27th. I have two questions:

1. If I go through with Whipple + custom HP + PPF etc, whats the timeline for that post when the car is delivered to you? Can you share an example timeline?

2. Based on how #1 is, I might need to cancel HP on the actual car. Is that something we would be able to do?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jay at Granger

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hey Jay and Zach, ordered my HP premium on April 26th. Going into production on September 27th. I have two questions:

1. If I go through with Whipple + custom HP + PPF etc, whats the timeline for that post when the car is delivered to you? Can you share an example timeline?

2. Based on how #1 is, I might need to cancel HP on the actual car. Is that something we would be able to do?
About a week, week and a half to get everything completed post delivery. You've got about a day and a half on blower installation, 1 good day in custom HP and 2-3 days in PPF with curing. As long as everything goes according to plan, about a week.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this by chance include keeping the hood striping matte?
You can opt in to that however, the PPF is thicker than vinyl so it will not line up and you may have pick up issues down the road. Everyone with a Mach 1 that has done it has just done the full hood. Honestly the sticker still looks great underneath.
[/QUOTE]
You should post some photos so we can see!
ill take a close up when I get home today! And sorry jay i’m going to edit my post. Damn auto correct got me. I didn’t mean to say “clarification I wanted pointed out”. I meant to say I wanted TO point out. Auto correct made it sound way more bitchy than it was intended! I just wanted you to know cutting around the sticker was a possibility in case you had been told otherwise by your install guy.

OP
OP
Jay at Granger

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
ill take a close up when I get home today! And sorry jay i’m going to edit my post. Damn auto correct got me. I didn’t mean to say “clarification I wanted pointed out”. I meant to say I wanted TO point out. Auto correct made it sound way more bitchy than it was intended! I just wanted you to know cutting around the sticker was a possibility in case you had been told otherwise by your install guy.
[/QUOTE]

yes absolutely. Their biggest worry was dirt build up where the 2 stickers meet and of course the difference in thickness. So I’m excited to see some photos of yours!
what brand was the PPF?Xpel?

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
About a week, week and a half to get everything completed post delivery. You've got about a day and a half on blower installation, 1 good day in custom HP and 2-3 days in PPF with curing. As long as everything goes according to plan, about a week.
#2. Based on how #1 is, I might need to cancel HP on the actual car. Is that something we would be able to do?
What about #2?

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
just a clarification i want to point out, i had my PPF done locally and the installer did the hood and cut out around the vinyl by hand. Without knowing there is PPF applied, you can't tell its there. I don't know the thickness but it matches up to the hood sticker about as perfectly as it can. I chose to do it this way to prevent any potential lifting of the sticker if/when the PPF has to be reapplied in the future.
Same for me, you can't even tell , it matches up pretty perfectly

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes absolutely. Their biggest worry was dirt build up where the 2 stickers meet and of course the difference in thickness. So I’m excited to see some photos of yours!
what brand was the PPF?Xpel?
Jay, here’s some photos of the PPF on my hood. It is xpel. I don’t know the exact thickness of the material but the sticker is actually slightly thicker than the film so when you run your hand across the hood you wouldn’t have any indication there is film there. It feels like you would expect with the painted surface being lower than the sticker above it.

89F1E594-F78C-49CD-8C2C-6594B493AAF2.jpeg

BE0DFEAC-A591-4791-8F83-08067513C160.jpeg

A1C64F38-E20D-4E50-B969-4A7FF7C7A859.jpeg

B7DF0E5B-1F00-4F78-8293-925B3C28A820.jpeg

OP
OP
Jay at Granger

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Jay, here’s some photos of the PPF on my hood. It is xpel. I don’t know the exact thickness of the material but the sticker is actually slightly thicker than the film so when you run your hand across the hood you wouldn’t have any indication there is film there. It feels like you would expect with the painted surface being lower than the sticker above it.

89F1E594-F78C-49CD-8C2C-6594B493AAF2.jpeg

BE0DFEAC-A591-4791-8F83-08067513C160.jpeg

A1C64F38-E20D-4E50-B969-4A7FF7C7A859.jpeg

B7DF0E5B-1F00-4F78-8293-925B3C28A820.jpeg
That’s good news! I’m going to send them these photos so they can do it this way! Looks amazing!

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
When are they coming out with Whale Shark White?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Jay, one more off the wall question. when you talk to your sticker guy, can they REMOVE the white section of the hood and side stripes? on a race red car?
Sponsored