First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Here the results
3 runs total first run didnt graph
Runs had a min cool down

4638DC35-A821-4909-AFB1-262A769A7D11.jpeg
Those look like the same numbers as before.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Matt im almost certain we have the same tune. The tune you got I got the first when it came out. My car was at the dealer waiting on Roush to release it. I was in constant contact with the dealer and Gavin for this tune release. The tune that is on my car is the very latest from Roush.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, we have the same exact tune... Now. My car also sat at the dealer for almost a month before Roush released something. But the tube that was released for me to pick up my car on 4/29 was for a Phase I. That's why this new tune, for me, is like night and day. At least that's how my performance shop explained.

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hi! My first post here. I have a ā€˜20 6M PP2 with a P2 that was installed in early Dec ā€˜20. Iā€™m installing a KC this week primarily due to terrible drivability I get in hot Florida summers and hoping that cooler IATs will help. Is it likely that Iā€™m running the old tune and will the combined effect of the KC and the new tune (assuming that Iā€™ve got the older tune) help? If so, how do I go about getting the new tune and how much will it cost me? Thanks!!

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Hi! My first post here. I have a ā€˜20 6M PP2 with a P2 that was installed in early Dec ā€˜20. Iā€™m installing a KC this week primarily due to terrible drivability I get in hot Florida summers and hoping that cooler IATs will help. Is it likely that Iā€™m running the old tune and will the combined effect of the KC and the new tune (assuming that Iā€™ve got the older tune) help? If so, how do I go about getting the new tune and how much will it cost me? Thanks!!
You need to contact roush with your vin# and they will let you know if you have the latest revision. It should not cost you anything. A few guys have the killer chiller on here. I'll let them comment on driveability.

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You need to contact roush with your vin# and they will let you know if you have the latest revision. It should not cost you anything. A few guys have the killer chiller on here. I'll let them comment on driveability.
Thatā€™s great! Does the new tune improve drivability in hot weather?

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Thatā€™s great! Does the new tune improve drivability in hot weather?
The latest revision was released late last year. I didn't have mine done until April this year when I got my car out for summer. We have had some 85 degree days here in Michigan now. I haven't had any problems with iat2 being too high yet. During pulls it gets up to about 140s but comes right back down to high 120s pretty quick.

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thanks! Did you see better drivability in hot weather compared to the old tune? Do we know at what IAT2 the new tune starts to pull timing?

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My conundrum is that my tuner is recommending a flex tune to take advantage of the lower IATs I should be getting with the KC. Perhaps Iā€™m wrong but I havenā€™t seen large performance gains from tuners over the ROUSH tune unless we go with E85, an upgraded fuel system, and injectors but my tuner says that he can address the drivability problems and improve performance. Iā€™m trying to decide if a tuner flex tune is worth it or if I should stick with the ROUSH tune (hopefully the newer tune)?

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My conundrum is that my tuner is recommending a flex tune to take advantage of the lower IATs I should be getting with the KC. Perhaps Iā€™m wrong but I havenā€™t seen large performance gains from tuners over the ROUSH tune unless we go with E85, an upgraded fuel system, and injectors but my tuner says that he can address the drivability problems and improve performance. Iā€™m trying to decide if a tuner flex tune is worth it or if I should stick with the ROUSH tune (hopefully the newer tune)?
Vmp and palm beach dyno showed improvements over the Roush tune. What tuner will do a flex tune on a forced induction vehicle I havenā€™t heard of any who will? A flex tune will more than likely need a fuel system upgrade as well.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
My conundrum is that my tuner is recommending a flex tune to take advantage of the lower IATs I should be getting with the KCā€¦.
This makes no sense. If you run E85 there is very little reason to install a KC.

Regarding aftermarket tunes, I believe thereā€™s a little power roush left on the table with the cam timing and possibly lambda. Spark timing and throttle control look pretty good as supplied.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Cimbt001, please describe your drivability issue. Regardless of which Roush tune, I have found drivability to be near perfection. While I am sure performance will suffer at iat2 over 150, anything below that seems to make no difference.

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Vmp and palm beach dyno showed improvements over the Roush tune. What tuner will do a flex tune on a forced induction vehicle I havenā€™t heard of any who will? A flex tune will more than likely need a fuel system upgrade as well.
Thank you for your help! Five Bar is my local tuner. I was thinking that I would go to either VMP or PBD when I go E85 anyway. BTW can you help me understand why wouldnā€™t a flex tune be appropriate for FI? Sorry for these basic questions - Iā€™m a newbie.