Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
My responses may have been offensive. That was not my intention. I owned a zoological supply company, bred rare and endangered animals, traveled to 3rd world countries in my business. Before I taught. As a teacher, I started questioning the evolution theory (still an unproven hypothesis) of which I was an ardent follower and believer.

I asked the question: how is a fossil formed? In all my college classes I never was told. So, I investigated and found many organisms have turned to stone: trees, organic material, etc. within a lifetime, not millions of years.

The simplest example is Spirit Lake which was formed after Mt. St. Helens erupted in the 80s. It formed a canyon much smaller, but almost identical to the Grand Canyon. And then looking at the GC, all the layers of rock were laid down very quickly as there is no erosion between the layers.

In most every historical records of different civilizations is a massive flood. In Africa there is one massive group of vertebrate fossils, nearly 500 million vertebrates in one jumbled up mess. How did this happen? When stuff dies it doesn't become fossilized. Fossils need specific events such as pressure, water and certain substrates to occur. So, are we to believe that half a trillion vertebrates just decided to die in the same place over millions of years?

All the evidence, and I have read many secular and religious writings about the Creation, etc, leads a truly seeking, open minded person to come to realize that the book of Genesis, specifically the first sever chapters best describes what we observe. The facts led me to God and believe it was impossible for this stuff to occur randomly. All complex systems require intelligence. Now we know that the DNA within living organisms actually interacts with the environment to help that organism adapt. That is engineering, complex engineering beyond anything we have been able to do as a society.

Here is an interesting link, but there are thousands of young Earth, Christian scientists. They must refrain from speaking about their faith or risk losing their jobs. If anyone really wants to look into this seriously, the research is there.

https://geochristian.com/2018/03/19/short-answer-mt-st-helens-and-young-earth-creationism/
1619751205846.jpeg
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My responses may have been offensive. That was not my intention. I owned a zoological supply company, bred rare and endangered animals, traveled to 3rd world countries in my business. Before I taught. As a teacher, I started questioning the evolution theory (still an unproven hypothesis) of which I was an ardent follower and believer.

I asked the question: how is a fossil formed? In all my college classes I never was told. So, I investigated and found many organisms have turned to stone: trees, organic material, etc. within a lifetime, not millions of years.

The simplest example is Spirit Lake which was formed after Mt. St. Helens erupted in the 80s. It formed a canyon much smaller, but almost identical to the Grand Canyon. And then looking at the GC, all the layers of rock were laid down very quickly as there is no erosion between the layers.

In most every historical records of different civilizations is a massive flood. In Africa there is one massive group of vertebrate fossils, nearly 500 million vertebrates in one jumbled up mess. How did this happen? When stuff dies it doesn't become fossilized. Fossils need specific events such as pressure, water and certain substrates to occur. So, are we to believe that half a trillion vertebrates just decided to die in the same place over millions of years?

All the evidence, and I have read many secular and religious writings about the Creation, etc, leads a truly seeking, open minded person to come to realize that the book of Genesis, specifically the first sever chapters best describes what we observe. The facts led me to God and believe it was impossible for this stuff to occur randomly. All complex systems require intelligence. Now we know that the DNA within living organisms actually interacts with the environment to help that organism adapt. That is engineering, complex engineering beyond anything we have been able to do as a society.

Here is an interesting link, but there are thousands of young Earth, Christian scientists. They must refrain from speaking about their faith or risk losing their jobs. If anyone really wants to look into this seriously, the research is there.

https://geochristian.com/2018/03/19/short-answer-mt-st-helens-and-young-earth-creationism/
I honestly can’t tell if this is satire.
That’s the beauty of young earth creationism, it’s hard to tell if the person is trolling or actually believesthe things they’re suggesting.
All it requires is a decent collection of logical fallacies, misinterpretations, word-salad ideas and a basic lack of scientific comprehension. ANYONE can play the role.

Let’s use just ONE or your assertions to demonstrate, shall we?

It seems that in your mind, if some fossils can be produced in short time-periods, it’s not possible for ANY fossils to require longer time-periods.
That’s basically the black swan fallacy right here.

In the context of climate-science denial, it would be worded “The Earth has always changed, therefore humans can’t possibly be causing a change”

Or this -

”I was never told” = therefore there can’t be an answer and I’m too lazy to actually go and look for one, therefore I shall bask in my ignorance and use it as a weapon to defend the beliefs that I established when I was a child, rather than conducting any sort of serious inquiry toward finding an answer.

You want to regard yourself as open-minded and “critical” and yet you fail to see even the most basic flaws in your reasoning.

Last edited:

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I never said how it would taste, hell the tea the Indians make tastes like shit.

I'm sure somewhere sometime someone put mescaline tea in tequila.

Yes, back in the 1800's I can believe Mezcal had some peyote juice in it.

Hell Coce a cola had cocaine in it for many years, hence the name.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hell Coke a cola had cocaine in it for many years, hence the name.
Much simpler times, back when your kids could go and get their narcotics from any corner-store, instead of from some seedy dude in a back alley.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.
Lol.
Kinda pissed that I missed the era of cocaine infused drinks and the opportunity to be doused in DDT.
On the bright side, I did get to enjoy the inhalation of asbestos via workshop brake dust.
You really haven’t lived until you’ve tried that one.
Mmmm, tasty...