Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I'm shocked people are spending 60k on a mustang with no power seats.

My dealer has 3 of them sitting and no one will buy them.
According to the Ford site both trim levels of the Mach 1 come with a 6 way power driver seat and a 4 way power passenger seat.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
FJG was supposed to be the very limited hard to get color. Looks to me that once the Mach 1 is out of production in a few years FJG Mach's will be plentiful. It's all the other colors that will be harder to find.
this is my concern if I cannot manage to order my car this year.

I am only concerned with having a 21, not a 22. in race red, only. and so far, that looks like there have been maybe 80 ordered in that color, total. odds that one is the exact combo that I want? looks like it may be somewhere around 8.

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
According to the Ford site both trim levels of the Mach 1 come with a 6 way power driver seat and a 4 way power passenger seat.
I believe the Recaros are the only non-power seat option, which has always been the case with them.
Nationally, I'm guessing close to 60% will be FJG and less than 30% will be HP cars. Just a guess.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
The recaros do not have power, only the standard seats

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless you are in the UK and the Recaros are powered.
On the Mach 1 as well? That’s interesting.
Do you guys have the airbag warning stickers on the sun visors? My Audi does but I’ve seen oem Audi visors for the euro market that do not have the stickers

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, our EU Mustangs have only manually adjustable Recaros (as per the current pricelist).

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Limited to the Mach 1, I don’t think limited in the number of FJG Mach’s they would produce.
I’m more surprised about the number of HP cars. I thought those were going to be more like a gt350r relative to the gt350 in production numbers.
At this point I believe Ford is going to sell as many Mach 1's as there are orders for.......in both the Hp and base car. Limited my ass. Limited to as many as they can sell. Jim Owens was full of crap when he said "not everyone who wants one will be able to get one"

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point I believe Ford is going to sell as many Mach 1's as there are orders for.......in both the Hp and base car. Limited my ass. Limited to as many as they can sell. Jim Owens was full of crap when he said "not everyone who wants one will be able to get one"
They never gave a number that production was going to be capped at. The limiting factor was that it’s a 2 year run. I get what you’re saying but the Mach 1 was never going to be limited in the way the gt500 is

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
They never gave a number that production was going to be capped at. The limiting factor was that it’s a 2 year run. I get what you’re saying but the Mach 1 was never going to be limited in the way the gt500 is
5:50 in, Jim tells us just how limited it will be, appearance package will be lower production volume.....lol It's just the opposite.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5:50 in, Jim tells us just how limited it will be, appearance package will be lower production volume.....lol It's just the opposite.
I take what was said in that video as casual talk from a guy that doesn’t have notes to reference. Certainly not official statements from Ford. Even if they were, when that video was made the emblems on the car he’s standing in front of were black. But because the car was subject to change for production, we ended up with crappy silver emblems. When Ford saw there was going to be more demand for the appearance package they might have changed their mind on production numbers. He also mentioned that the Mach would be available in the full color palette other than Ford performance blue. Maybe he just didn’t know what he was taking about.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Jim Owens was full of crap when he said "not everyone who wants one will be able to get one"
But he was right. Just see the bitching about price or lack of certain colour :crackup:

What else do you expect from marketing? That's how things work. Limited 2 year run at the end of production to draw more interest for sales until the next new thing. It would really be limited if they said they'll only do 2000 units and that's it. It's more limited because of the pandemia and chip shortage or fixed pre-ordered supply of certain parts (custom HP parts for example). 10k in 2 years is still very limited from world point of view. But these aren't hand-made Ferrari's and neither do they cost as much. But it'll still be limited enough, even with 5k cars in the USA you won't see many of them daily on the streets in such a huge country.

Last edited:

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
I take what was said in that video as casual talk from a guy that doesn’t have notes to reference. Certainly not official statements from Ford. Even if they were, when that video was made the emblems on the car he’s standing in front of were black. But because the car was subject to change for production, we ended up with crappy silver emblems. When Ford saw there was going to be more demand for the appearance package they might have changed their mind on production numbers. He also mentioned that the Mach would be available in the full color palette other than Ford performance blue. Maybe he just didn’t know what he was taking about.
Yep, he was all over the place in that video as he usually is...lol

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
im sure no one other than the DIe-Hard guys want to pay $60k for a mustang. just my guess.

if i get one i will be in that 1% for Twister Orange.....
I with you on the twister orange. Looking forward to seeing one in person.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
But he was right. Just see the bitching about price or lack of certain colour :crackup:

What else do you expect from marketing? That's how things work. Limited 2 year run at the end of production to draw more interest for sales until the next new thing. It would really be limited if they said they'll only do 2000 units and that's it. It's more limited because of the pandemia and chip shortage or fixed pre-ordered supply of certain parts (custom HP parts for example). 10k in 2 years is still very limited from world point of view. But these aren't hand-made Ferrari's and neither do they cost as much. But it'll still be limited enough, even with 5k cars in the USA you won't see many of them daily on the streets in such a huge country.
Agreed. The GT 350 had a 5 year run and there was probably 20,000 of them made total, I figure around 10,000 Bullitts. That said I've seen 2 Bullitt Mustangs and only a handful of GT350's in the past few years. The Mach 1 will be pretty scarce in my opinion.
Sponsored