Sponsored

New Car Package Options, need some help...

OP
OP

DHDrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
You guys have been a great resource. I am 99% sure I will be ordering the full deal, GT PP with active exhaust and the magnaride.

I live in an area with lots of rain and am thinking I will be switching out tires since the summer only arenā€™t good when it gets cold and wet. Additionally, on those brisk days when itā€™s sunny but 35 degrees, I want to be able to enjoy the car as well.

Tire recommendations would be appreciated. I was thinking of going with the same size tire all around but an open to your experience and recommendations.

Thanks

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
......am thinking I will be switching out tires since the summer only arenā€™t good when it gets cold and wet. Additionally, on those brisk days when itā€™s sunny but 35 degrees, I want to be able to enjoy the car as well......
Soooo.....what? You go drifting all up in them streets when it's 35 degrees, and if you can't do that, you're not able to "enjoy the car"?

The OEM tires are better than all-seasons in every way and in every condition, except when it's cold. And when it's cold, all you have to do is drive normally.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Soooo.....what? You go drifting all up in them streets when it's 35 degrees, and if you can't do that, you're not able to "enjoy the car"?

The OEM tires are better than all-seasons in every way and in every condition, except when it's cold. And when it's cold, all you have to do is drive normally.
Geez NoVa, he didnā€™t ask if we had opinion on summer vs. A/S rubber. He asked about sizes. If he wants A/S tires there are some great ones out there. Not everyone needs or wants dedicated summer tires.

So DH, are you planning on also buying a second set of wheels or keeping the PP ones? If keeping the PP ones and you want to stay staggered you can stick with the same sizes Or even go +1. Looking for new wheels as well, thatā€™s a whole other story.

OP
OP

DHDrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Iā€™ll most likely be keeping the same PP for awhile at least. I guess my question is about using say a 255/40/19 all around even though the rear tire rim is 9.5. What are the down sides for using a square set up versus the staggered wider wheel in the back?

I get summer tires are better performance tires but wanted to know how they performed in rainy environments and also looking for a tire to last more than 8k.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Geez NoVa, he didnā€™t ask if we had opinion on summer vs. A/S rubber. He asked about sizes. If he wants A/S tires there are some great ones out there. Not everyone needs or wants dedicated summer tires....
giphy.gif

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
The mp4s tires are amazing in the rain. I run them year round and get about 20k miles on my rears and 30k on the fronts. I rotate every 8k or so and keep the alignment in spec. It only gets down to low 30s here and if the Temps are under 50-60ish you better make sure the tires are warm before getting too crazy.

circatee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Circatee
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT Premium Fastback
Iā€™ll most likely be keeping the same PP for awhile at least. I guess my question is about using say a 255/40/19 all around even though the rear tire rim is 9.5. What are the down sides for using a square set up versus the staggered wider wheel in the back?

I get summer tires are better performance tires but wanted to know how they performed in rainy environments and also looking for a tire to last more than 8k.
When I had my GT PP, with Summer tyres, I drove rather slowly, during the rain. Sometimes, I would simply use my Missus car, versus driving the Mustang.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
When I had my GT PP, with Summer tyres, I drove rather slowly, during the rain. Sometimes, I would simply use my Missus car, versus driving the Mustang.
Were you on the OEM P Zero's or something else? Just wondering.

Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I just read the 2021 pp1 cars are now coming with pirelli tires

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I will report back on how bad I spin.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Mine arrived this morning. 2 weeks early. But I can't get it until @Roush releases their 2021 tune. Grrrr.
Sponsored