Not open for further replies.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Numbers aside, Google "Covid sequelae" and get back to me. Sure, the vast majority survive, but there are serious problems for some that do.
Hello; I did so. This is not about the percentages of survival. A misdirection on your part.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; I did so. This is not about the percentages of survival. A misdirection on your part.
Huh? Your posts went on and on about percentages. Talk about misdirection!

So, what about the covid sequelae then?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and the bit about there being some magical treatment that prevents infection. I've no idea what you are talking about there.
Hello; You are twisting meanings around. Treatments do not prevent an infection and such is not what he stated. He was saying there are now known clinical treatments which are effective once a person is infected.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Wearing a mask is a trivial thing and saves lives regardless of what you may feel. Refusing to do so is selfish.
more than 15 studies have refuted that assertion. Even the CDC's latest one claims 'masks' only have a less than 2% efficacy.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; You are twisting meanings around. Treatments do not prevent an infection and such is not what he stated. He was saying there are now known clinical treatments which are effective once a person is infected.
He said "and even some that appear to wholesale prevent an infection from taking root at all. "

Nonsense

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Huh? Your posts went on and on about percentages. Talk about misdirection!

So, what about the covid sequelae then?
Hello; I begin to think you are a troll. I was asking about survival percentages in particular and you directed me to sequelae.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
According to the USCG, we are essential front liners due to maritime, but I've held off a little to give the older folks and educators a go. We have plenty of appointments here available, so I took my first Pfizer shot Wed the 10th, second is scheduled for the 31st.

Woke up at 5 am the next morning sick as a dog, felt like full-on flu, had every side effect listed on the sheet they gave me, and temp peaked at 102.5 around lunchtime. Waited till symptoms presented and started Tylenol per the instructions. Tylenol helped a lot and by afternoon I just had a 100-degree fever and aches up to bedtime. Woke up Friday ready to go, just very worn out.

It was explained to me by two different medical professionals that if you are hit hard on the first shot, especially the Pfizer, it is a high likely hood you already the actual virus. Same principle as the first shot vs the second shot. First exposure your body has to figure out its response and learn, second exposure it goes at it guns a blazing. No guarantee if you have had covid you will get ill on the first, but if you do, there is a good reason why. Hopefully the second shot will be easy peasy.

I had a lingering chest cold and sinus issues in Nov/Dec, that is the only time I can think I may have had Covid, but I never had any other symptoms., Just took a steroid shot and got a Z pack. :shrug

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I begin to think you are a troll. I was asking about survival percentages in particular and you directed me to sequelae.
You were trying to use numbers to prove that most people survive so it really isn't sucha a big deal and I was trying to show that even if you survive you could be very sick for the rest of your life.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to the USCG, we are essential front liners due to maritime, but I've held off a little to give the older folks and educators a go. We have plenty of appointments here available, so I took my first Pfizer shot Wed the 10th, second is scheduled for the 31st.

Woke up at 5 am the next morning sick as a dog, felt like full-on flu, had every side effect listed on the sheet they gave me, and temp peaked at 102.5 around lunchtime. Waited till symptoms presented and started Tylenol per the instructions. Tylenol helped a lot and by afternoon I just had a 100-degree fever and aches up to bedtime. Woke up Friday ready to go, just very worn out.

It was explained to me by two different medical professionals that if you are hit hard on the first shot, especially the Pfizer, it is a high likely hood you already the actual virus. Same principle as the first shot vs the second shot. First exposure your body has to figure out its response and learn, second exposure it goes at it guns a blazing. No guarantee if you have had covid you will get ill on the first, but if you do, there is a good reason why. Hopefully the second shot will be easy peasy.

I had a lingering chest cold and sinus issues in Nov/Dec, that is the only time I can think I may have had Covid, but I never had any other symptoms., Just took a steroid shot and got a Z pack. :shrug
Interesting theory. I will ask my immunizations chief if he knows about this. I meet with him tomorrow. Interesting that it would be Pfizer specific too.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Didn't mean Pfizer specific, just stating that because the Moderna is a stronger dose (I think 3 times that of the Pfizer). All that aside, it seems the working theory is if you get flu symptoms on shot 1 instead of it being shot 2, there is a good chance your body was already were exposed to Covid.

In all of 17 hours after shot I was hit with high fever, aches all over, nausea, headache, and diarrhea. I have not had the flu in years, don't miss it after that day lol.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't mean Pfizer specific, just stating that because the Moderna is a stronger dose (I think 3 times that of the Pfizer). All that aside, it seems the working theory is if you get flu symptoms on shot 1 instead of it being shot 2, there is a good chance your body was already were exposed to Covid.

In all of 17 hours after shot I was hit with high fever, aches all over, nausea, headache, and diarrhea. I have not had the flu in years, don't miss it after that day lol.
The two vaccines are very similar. I've not heard the term 3X stronger used to describe any vaccine really. Both have almost identical effectiveness, so I am not sure what that is referencing.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Hello; this is what I was driving at back a few posts about only taking one of the virus vaccine shots. It seems that one shot can set the immune system in motion.

Also makes sense if you have a strong reaction to the first shot that your body was already previously exposed to the real virus. Might save a person from having to endure the immune system reaction by them having an antibody test first. With positive antibodies you likely do not need a vaccine.

On a side note- much of the discomfort we feel when sick with something like the flu is from the immune system. With the vaccine reaction we are some better off as we do not have the body cell destruction that goes with an infection of a real virus. So with cell damage the will be some additional misery.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.