Sponsored

Only 1000 Mach 1’s for Model Year 2021?

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Hello All,

Just talked with my dealer on ordering a Mach 1 for this year and they said they have been told that because of the shortages there will only be 1000 Mach 1’s made for 2021 and they will be mainly customer orders. This is a good size dealership that sells a lot of regular mustangs and Shelby’s and they said will have no allocations for this year! Has anyone heard of this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I don’t buy it, they’ll make as many as they can sell. Mach will likely return for 2022 and those cars start getting built in October.

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t buy it, they’ll make as many as they can sell. Mach will likely return for 2022 and those cars start getting built in October.
That’s how I feel but I have dealt with them for years and bought a few cars from them and they are always straight up. They want to sell me a car but can’t...at least not for 2021. They said they see a lot of orders in the system but they will not all be built for 2021....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
it's possible but with the FAT profits to be had, I think Ford will slash 100/300 series production before they impinge on 600/700 unless they so badly mis-judged parts pipeline that there aren't enough TR3160 trans (or wheels?) to go around and the lead time is such that Tremec can't provide till the MY22 starts late fall. If A10 they should be able to accommodate that too unless all units are allocated to F150 which has even FATTER profit margins.

I think your dealer was just trying to justify charging ADM or not giving you the Grainger 7% discount off MSRP.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Not buying it either, maybe they just wanted to convince you to order asap. Only limiting factor could be GT350 parts if all Ford does is use left over parts. Other than that, why would they limit themselves from making as much money as possible? My guess: Mach 1 will go the way of the Bullitt (2 year run and build as many as ordered) but will sell better than the Bullitt b/c bigger color palette, automatic trans option, and GT350 gone.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it's possible but with the FAT profits to be had, I think Ford will slash 100/300 series production before they impinge on 600/700 unless they so badly mis-judged parts pipeline that there aren't enough TR3160 trans to go around and the lead time is such that Tremec can't provide till the MY22 starts late fall.

I think your dealer was just trying to justify charging ADM or not giving you the Grainger 7% discount off MSRP.
Normally that thought would cross my mind but they would sell me the car under MSRP....they have no reason that I can see to make this up...I know them personally and they have always been truthful to me so it’s really strange....

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not buying it either, maybe they just wanted to convince you to order asap. Only limiting factor could be GT350 parts if all Ford does is use left over parts. Other than that, why would they limit themselves from making as much money as possible? My guess: Mach 1 will go the way of the Bullitt (2 year run and build as many as ordered) but will sell better than the Bullitt b/c bigger color palette, automatic trans option, and GT350 gone.
that’s just it...they are telling me I can’t even place an order now since they can’t get any allocations...strange

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
but will sell better than the Bullitt b/c bigger color palette, automatic trans option, and GT350 gone.
except for price, very ill economy, and the Bullitt took a 12,000 unit bite out of the pool of people who would be inclined to buy a 'spechul' edition car.

Call around. Hit up the dealers in VA or GA or NC and see if they give you the same speech. Heck, call up Grainger, he's got his finger on the Order Pulse - 10 cars ordered so far AFAIK.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
that’s just it...they are telling me I can’t even place an order now since they can’t get any allocations...strange
That is strange. Maybe Ford putting a hold on things to work on the first big batch of orders and ensuring parts supply for next round. I'd check with other dealers (especially the guy here on the forum that let people order with substantial discount) and see if they can place orders. If all really true, look around online of you see your configuration and pay msrp.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I just saw 3 on the lot at Koon Ford in Sterling VA ... all automatics, all $5000 ADM

Sponsored

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
That's impossible, there's been pictures with chassis number above 1000 already. Most people here have build dates in March-May. Unless it means 1000 units for USA which could mean 2000 units or so worldwide.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
If you're looking to get one, the dealer local to me in Middle GA got the one in that I special ordered but I'm not going to buy it. I ordered it in October and I want the handling package, which I didn't find out until waay later that it wasn't available to order until January.

https://www.jeffsmithford.com/new/Ford/2021-Ford-Mustang-f885a6490a0e0a6b7925ecf9f9149038.htm
Thank you for sharing. Can't see window sticker but is there an ADM? Just curious. Have to say that I'm really starting to dislike FJG. Back when they teased it, I thought it looked fantastic but since have changed my mind completely. I would go Iconic Silver and if I wanted a "bright" color, I'd go Velocity Blue.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
That's impossible, there's been pictures with chassis number above 1000 already. Most people here have build dates in March-May. Unless it means 1000 units for USA which could mean 2000 units or so worldwide.
Why would the Mach 1 be almost as limited as the Boss 302 Laguna Seca? Doesn't make sense to me.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it looked fantastic but since have changed my mind completely.
It looks like a perpetually dirty 'white'. several hues darker gray would have been better IMO. The GT350 Avalanche was pretty pale but clearly a gray. I saw one of those with black stripes trimmed with 'shiny' aqua pinstripe and it elicited a 'daaayuuum' at a C&C.
Sponsored