Sponsored

VMP Gen3R Budget Kits

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Not sure how long these have been out but I was just surfing the web today and decided to look at the VMP website

https://www.vmpperformance.com/superchargers/supercharger-kits/mustang

Seems that they now are selling Gen3R budget kits for 6k. I've been wanting to go with a PD blower for my S550 since my S197 is Procharged. Looking for opinions on how the IAT's would be seeing that the budget kits only have the single pass heat exchanger. I am also considering Odin as well. I could get the Loki kit for 1000 more and it would no doubt have better IAT's than the Gen3R. I know both are good blowers, but is the Odin worth the premium over the Gen3R?
Sponsored

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
I have a roush blower which basically translate to like a vmp gen2 with single pass and my iats are usually 40 degrees above ambient which is not great but that’s to be expected with a pd blower. I have even read about people upgrading to the triple pass and iats were the same but recovery time was faster. From what I have read, the new inverter design is indeed more efficient than the older non inverter setups since the intercooler is at the top of the blower instead of the engine valley. I believe the iats will be better but not as much as you think because it’s still a pd blower. At the end of the day both blowers will get the job but the Odin/Loki is the new and improved so personally I would go with the newer setup if you don’t mind spending the coin, if not you can buy the gen3r and use the 1k for injectors or fuel system too.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I have the Roush/Ford Racing supercharger with the VMP triple pass H/E and their upgraded intercooler pump, along with phenolic spacers. IAT's are never an issue anymore. Even with ambient temps in the 90's. Every mod can drop IAT's little by little, but if they are available, the phenolic spacers made the biggest difference. I did some other cooling mods as well.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
I have the Roush/Ford Racing supercharger with the VMP triple pass H/E and their upgraded intercooler pump, along with phenolic spacers. IAT's are never an issue anymore. Even with ambient temps in the 90's. Every mod can drop IAT's little by little, but if they are available, the phenolic spacers made the biggest difference. I did some other cooling mods as well.
Where did you get the spacers from?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Where did you get the spacers from?
I bought them from VMP. But I don't think they're available there anymore. The company that makes the pair I have is called MFP. I believe they're located in Australia.

Sponsored

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance package
I have a roush blower which basically translate to like a vmp gen2 with single pass and my iats are usually 40 degrees above ambient which is not great but that’s to be expected with a pd blower. I have even read about people upgrading to the triple pass and iats were the same but recovery time was faster. From what I have read, the new inverter design is indeed more efficient than the older non inverter setups since the intercooler is at the top of the blower instead of the engine valley. I believe the iats will be better but not as much as you think because it’s still a pd blower. At the end of the day both blowers will get the job but the Odin/Loki is the new and improved so personally I would go with the newer setup if you don’t mind spending the coin, if not you can buy the gen3r and use the 1k for injectors or fuel system too.
n updates on which way your leaning? I have a 17 and I’m thinking of going the same route. I’m also debating between both kits. I just want a more spirited driving. I don’t ever go to the strip or course.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael