Sponsored

10R80 Owners - ULTIMATE M6G 10R80 Facts + Resolutions to harsh or no shift conditions

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Alex

Who is your transmission tech? Is this a ford dealer or shop local to you? Why not wedge the valve open? Seems like 5 min turn piece of aluminum stock on lathe and you got 100% flow 100% of time.
Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Yep ford dealer.
I need to find out how long this alluminium piece needs to be. I don't know how much the pin comes out. So i don't know yet the total lenght of the thermostat expanded.
Working on it

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Yep ford dealer.
I need to find out how long this alluminium piece needs to be. I don't know how much the pin comes out. So i don't know yet the total lenght of the thermostat expanded.
Working on it
Heat the pin and measure it. The video makes it look like you can use aluminum rod stock and cut to lenght needed.

I make things like special tools to fix my cars. I have welders, small manual lathe and small manual mill. If you want send me that unit in video and I can heat tstat measure it then make bar stock piece to substitute the tsat. If you are local to 90275 we can do it today!

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I think advantage of camaro is they have 2 high inlet plugs and drain plug access on their 10spd. This allows bypass of oem cooler/filter and add cooler.

On mustang we can leave oem system alone and use trans fill for cooler return but would need to tap the composite pan for a low point to the cooler. That's why I want the larger capacity aluminum pan that is taking forever from PML pans.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
That thermostat is broken unfortunately.
I need mine out again. But once i get it yes! I'll sent it to you. Thanks man

Sponsored

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Hey look at this! With aluminum pan you can tap the side for AN10 line to run to cooler then return fluid to dipstixk hole.
Screenshot_20201218-081825_Google.jpg

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
This would give max control over cooling and bypass ford completely.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I do not know if plastic pan can be tapped but aluminum pans can be tapped

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Great if you bought the pan. What I would do is:

Buy either

https://www.racetronix.biz/p/weld-b...MI6Pbxt6DY7QIVqQytBh3lDQCYEAQYAiABEgLCPfD_BwE

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-16894?rrec=true

I would attach this to the side of the new pan and since you have big cooling problems go with AN-10 size. I would use but Derale cooler but if you use your current cooler then match the AN size of that. Most Tranny coolers are around AN-8 sized. If so search around my links and buy the AN-8 size.

Then I would splice the OEM lines together in a loop. This way the OEM tranny pump with still filter the fluid and do whatever it does just no cooling. Then take outflow at side of metal pan to a gerator pump like Tilton quality pump

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MImIue06HY7QIVJBvnCh1sFg29EAQYASABEgJjU_D_BwE

then make pump go to cooler and the cooler exits into the top of the tranny dipstick hole.

Come to think of it the pumps are 3/8" which is really AN-8 so I'm not sure if running AN-10 everywhere is an advantage. It could be that AN-8 is just fine.

Does this make sense?

This will be my plan (if needed) since the metal pan is available to tap into. I do not know if tapping a composite pan works well longevity wise. At this time I'm still racing at lower ambient temps and not seeing a problem with my big cooler on the OEM system. Remember when you said if you run 1-2 sec/lap slower you are fine? I have rules limited no aero, rules limited suspension, rules limited hood vent size, and rules limited power forced to run a tiny horsepower killing 50mm restrictor. I might have 350-375hp at the crank??? So you compared to me everything happens faster for you between corners and your shifts come quicker in and out of corners means more heat. This could be a big reason my car is happy. It is just going slower and all my inputs are slower means less heat. Oh I got not A/C so air directly on tranny oil and radiator too.

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
I have already a bigver setrab 925 cooler. And it works fine i just need to have it starting working earlier.

I won't modify the one pump. I'm using the oem cooler lines.
I think this pan will help. Amd if combine with a continous flow to the cooler should work.
Remember. Second tranny didn't fail for high temps. Was the TC failing.
However lower temp = lower failure points.IMO.

WE will see :)

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Pan arrrived.
Will go in dec28.
Love the magnetic drain plug to easy drain the fluid from under the pan.
Also a 1/8" NPT plug for sensor there.

20201223_155905.jpg

20201223_155842.jpg

20201223_155836.jpg

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Looks nice! Is the inside of where the 1/8npt fitting flat? Can that be drilled out for AN-8 bulkhead fitting? If no then best to weld on AN8 fitting now because once oil contaminated difficult to tig weld

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Don't think pan will keep you cool enough

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
the cooler is already there..not sure why you want to change location of pick up and return. I wont touch the location. what i will do is to keep an open flow all the time. first this pan. it is an extra,defientely not THE solution. i think tho at speed with fins and metal i can see 10deg less? at least what i hope
Sponsored