Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I 'm looking at these PWs and my minds eye sees this .
DSC_0095.JPG

My spanish car wash guy, Manual Labor (me) and his kitty litter bucket, portable car wash rig. LOL

What is the working pressure of the machines? Curious with foam no rubbing, lifts the dirt off the paint, no wait time?

Those poles look like they have metal cross bars, that's a new one . All our power is under ground, surrounded by trees a good thing, less outages.

Living here 30 years, can count the outages on one hand
Sponsored

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
TOO funny, Greg. :-) Perhaps you aren't afflicted with the obsessive gene like some of us. <bigger grin> But you really should be doing "the two bucket thing." <smiling>

LOVE the car port with the translucent ceiling...perfect.

Regarding the pressure washer, I couldn't find an output pressure number for the model I ordered but if you follow OG, (I didn't know the man's name is Matt,) and read his thoughts on pressure washers, he will say that pressure is the least important factor and the most important is flow or GPM. Again, I don't know the flow number for the unit either but I'm sure the volume will be MUCH better than I was getting with the el cheapos.

Poles...

Even most of THIS podunk town has underground power and other utilities but out here where the homes are so far apart (and less income to the city per acre DESPITE ridiculous property taxes,) we don't rate. They just replaced those poles, actually as the predecessors were about to fall over.

Yep, we have our share of power outages from blown transformers and accidents with poles. Like many parts of Florida and some other parts of the country with afternoon thunderstorms, you learn to live with it.

And, we're still on septic, too but at least we have city water and I'll be feeding that new pressure washer with ultrasoft water from my treatment rig. :-)

KB

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
HOLY SMOKE, @DFB5.0 thank you much for the post and all the photos. Pretty sure that is essentially the machine I ordered and the photos were an especially nice bonus.

And roger on the the negatives you mentioned about the cheapos, short and tangled hoses, etc.

Now I have to find a place to STORE it as I can't hang that monster like the cheapos.

KB
Kent, would please send me the specifics on the one you ordered??

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Yep, Earl, that's the model but the package from OG contains some extras that he thought were essential to make it the perfect rig like swivels, wand arms, etc. Here's the link.

Plus, I give Kamazonski too many denero as it is and I wanted to support OG.

KB

Sponsored

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
KB - happy with your ceramic wheel coating? Makes a world of diff! May go visit my car in storage today. Going to wash the Miata and give it a coat of beadmaker before hooking up the tender and putting the cover on. Need to detail the 300 SRT8 as well. Why am I on this forum. Need to get moving....

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Dave, all I can say is, "best of luck" but I can tell you that from the AR Blue cheapos on down the line, they're all like the Sun Jo, I'm afraid. Different colors, hooks, cosmetic stuff but the two I had were basically identical and the first was the AR Blue.

I know I'm gonna love this one (and I dang sure better for what it cost.) :-) You DO get what you pay for, most of the time.

KB
Can’t wait to see your review of it. I have the AR blue from Griots, and they cover it under their lifetime warranty so fingers crossed

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
09: Well, that's a bonus having the warranty from Griot's and I hope they simply replace the machine if something goes belly up like on mine...twice. If I'd had a similar warranty on the original AR Blue, I might not be sending some money to Matt at OG. :cool:

I've never been happy with a soap cannon on a small electric machine, just never seemed to cut the mustard so I'm anxious to see how well OG's version works. I'd use it more often if it worked better and didn't make me get the big cahuna out. But even with Maxi Suds, they all seem to gobble up soap.

10-4 on the review...I'll do my best.

KB

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
09: Well, that's a bonus having the warranty from Griot's and I hope they simply replace the machine if something goes belly up like on mine...twice. If I'd had a similar warranty on the original AR Blue, I might not be sending some money to Matt at OG. :cool:

I've never been happy with a soap cannon on a small electric machine, just never seemed to cut the mustard so I'm anxious to see how well OG's version works. I'd use it more often if it worked better and didn't make me get the big cahuna out. But even with Maxi Suds, they all seem to gobble up soap.

10-4 on the review...I'll do my best.

KB
Yeah it does lack the foam power of a stronger one. I find it works “ok” for my needs (ceramic and ppf car, nothing seems to stick lol). If I had to do it again though, I’d step up and do what you’re doing

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
TOO funny, Greg. :-) Perhaps you aren't afflicted with the obsessive gene like some of us. <bigger grin> But you really should be doing "the two bucket thing." <smiling>

LOVE the car port with the translucent ceiling...perfect.

Regarding the pressure washer, I couldn't find an output pressure number for the model I ordered but if you follow OG, (I didn't know the man's name is Matt,) and read his thoughts on pressure washers, he will say that pressure is the least important factor and the most important is flow or GPM. Again, I don't know the flow number for the unit either but I'm sure the volume will be MUCH better than I was getting with the el cheapos.

Poles...

Even most of THIS podunk town has underground power and other utilities but out here where the homes are so far apart (and less income to the city per acre DESPITE ridiculous property taxes,) we don't rate. They just replaced those poles, actually as the predecessors were about to fall over.

Yep, we have our share of power outages from blown transformers and accidents with poles. Like many parts of Florida and some other parts of the country with afternoon thunderstorms, you learn to live with it.

And, we're still on septic, too but at least we have city water and I'll be feeding that new pressure washer with ultrasoft water from my treatment rig. :-)

KB

Just having some fun, grew up in Miami. Nice thing about Fl it can rain like hell. 20 min later roads are bone dry. Road a bike for a hobby then, out on the interstate can see the rain and drive around it, nice flat horizon. Get caught in a rain storm pull under the overpass sit it out..

Miss some of it, FL but not much. Taking the HotRod down to the Turkey Run, Orlando. Get off the SSPW onto the surface streets ....... get slaped with some of the reasons for leaving.

Looks and sounds like you're far enough out to have some nice breathing room.

Breezeway FL inspired, local contractor, who built the second garage thought the idea was nuts.

cheers

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I commuted to Miami to work for six years or so, Greg, had an apartment in Kendall. Don't miss it AT all, especially the traffic in the mornings. Weather here is pretty similar.

And yep, we got out of the "butts to nuts" postage stamp subdivisions and a bit more out in the country about twenty years ago. Unfortunately, they are building all around us and soon, the traffic will be much worse unfortunately. Sometimes, you simply cannot get out far enough.

Obviously, that contractor wasn't into cars or he would have understood. :cool:

KB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
I’ve been pleased with my Kranzle. Replaced a Dewalt DXPW-1500E which also was a nice electric model. This Kranzle is easier to operate, compact, and much quieter than the Dewalt. Enjoy!

22E74EFC-E79E-4D58-9EED-A861E30629B1.jpeg

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I’ve been pleased with my Kranzle. Replaced a Dewalt DXPW-1500E which also was a nice electric model. This Kranzle is easier to operate, compact, and much quieter than the Dewalt. Enjoy!

22E74EFC-E79E-4D58-9EED-A861E30629B1.jpeg
I love that foaming surface wash and poly gloss!

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the confirmation on my machine choice, Dan!

But I have never seen containers like that before. Are they actually in their catalog? I'm gonna have to check next time as I'd love to have one like that for soap.

KB
Sponsored