Sponsored

[Locked due to politics] Student debt cancelation. Seems there are strong opinions against it from some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
So we are back to if I cant benefit form it then no one should mentality. seem the biggest problem most have with it isnt the tax money being spent but its the Im not getting part of the pie so no one should either.
Hello; I copied the above quote and was going to refute your point. As I read along several others have already done that job very well. In addition you have continued to make posts that simply do not make much sense.

Like I said I work in the medical field with yalls mentality every person who comes in that smoked or drank or in general MADE POOR HEALTH DESICIONS should be left to die. Yeah so like you said where do we draw the line. How you feeling about YOUR tax money being spent on people to birth their children and save their lives .... yeah but wont speak up on that cause dont want to look like an ass. Its the same thing so they should all be left to die because of their decisions?
Hello; I guess this comment sums up the attitude well enough. Seems you have decided your points of view are "morally superior" to those who might have a different way of looking at things. What this comment about health care and letting people die has to do with someone's student debt is a reach beyond logic. Having debt for a service you received is not uncommon. The sticking point seems to be that this service (a college education) no longer guarantees a good job which pays well. There are side issues such as someone picking a major with no future, but I must guess they expected even such a major to somehow pay off.
That a college degree is not a guarantee is not news and has not been for a long time. I guess there is still momentum from the past that fuels the unrealistic notion that a college degree of any kind is still a good thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
This is perhaps the “Most Fuc*ed up thread on this forum. I have (7) kids! And I work my a$$ Off to give them the education they want! I don’t ask for handouts or bailouts, their My Kids! If you want the education, pay for it! If it’s your investment in yourself, pay for it! It’s really that simple...
Not attacking you just using your reply to make a point.

So then your kids are not doing it for themselves? They are getting help from someone else(you)?
So the argument then isn't that people are needing help cause they cant do it for themselves it is about where the help comes from?

So if tax dollars pay for it you are a deadbeat who cant make finical decisions and are a poor decision making person. But if your parents pay for it then none of that applies?

So I get it now if the money comes from any other source other then tax dollars its cool and you are an ok person making sound education choices. But if you get the money from tax dollars then you are a worthless poor decision making person? That makes sense.

By the way grants are still your tax dollars paying for educations that the people cant pay for and for degrees that are worthless yet no one has an issue with that.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello; I guess this comment sums up the attitude well enough. Seems you have decided your points of view are "morally superior" to those who might have a different way of looking at things.
I no more think my way of thinking is any more or less superior to anyone else. Everything you just said can easily be applied to any comment on these last 24 pages. Each and every person here thinks their opinion is the right one not just me. I was simply making a point that if we condemn people for their choices then why is their choice in one thing condemnable and in another not?

Trust me people wont say it out loud here cause they dont want to be viewed that way but plenty of people feel so strongly about tax dollars that yes they would let people die then let tax dollars pay for health care. Its why health care is still privet in this country. but that is not a debate for here because it gets political.

And I will point people back to my original post and first sentence. were I plainly stated I really don't care either way I was simply getting a debate going. IN school I always pick the antagonistic side thats all Im doing here. which I have also plainly stated several times thought out the topic.

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Not attacking you just using your reply to make a point.

So then your kids are not doing it for themselves? They are getting help from someone else(you)?
So the argument then isn't that people are needing help cause they cant do it for themselves it is about where the help comes from?

So if tax dollars pay for it you are a deadbeat who cant make finical decisions and are a poor decision making person. But if your parents pay for it then none of that applies?

So I get it now if the money comes from any other source other then tax dollars its cool and you are an ok person making sound education choices. But if you get the money from tax dollars then you are a worthless poor decision making person? That makes sense.

By the way grants are still your tax dollars paying for educations that the people cant pay for and for degrees that are worthless yet no one has an issue with that.
And I still get a nice tax bill over and above! No stimulus check, just another bill on top of it!

My point is, if you want it... pay for it! Their my kids! If I want to take the burden off of them it’s My Choice! I’m not asking anyone for anything!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; This is convoluted thinking and is putting a false spin on that members post comment.

There is such a thing as taking personal responsibility for your own decisions. That parent can support his children in the way he/she see fit. If that child makes a poor choice in a major and come out poorly or if that child makes a good choice and comes out fine it is because that parent made a personal choice to support the child. It is the concept that somehow others who likely never knew the child should be on the hook for the debt which is at fault.
You the OP have a heads I win and tails you lose way of looking at this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
And I still get a nice tax bill over and above! No stimulus check, just another bill on top of it!

My point is, if you want it... pay for it! Their my kids! If I want to take the burden off of them it’s My Choice! I’m not asking anyone for anything!
Understood and yes taxes are crazy. I guess thats why I would not care if "the people" got some of it back at least its money that wouldn't be spent on studies of what monkeys smoking 3 packs a day does. Or developing a blacker black. That last one is real. Millions have been spent on making a blacker black no joke. I rather see it go to students.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
It is the concept that somehow others who likely never knew the child should be on the hook for the debt which is at fault.
Sorta like the states where you have to pay for schools and buses and school lunches to educate and feed and transport others children through car property taxes even if you don't have children? is it different?

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Understood and yes taxes are crazy. I guess thats why I would not care if "the people" got some of it back at least its money that wouldn't be spent on studies of what monkeys smoking 3 packs a day does. Or developing a blacker black. That last one is real. Millions have been spent on making a blacker black no joke. I rather see it go to students.
Sure, do I think it’s overpriced? Absolutely! It’s perhaps the worst profession other then a used car salesman! But let’s be real... if you think that’s what it’s going to take for you to make a living and feed your family, that’s the investment you make in yourself!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Well what you just said is sorta the definition of selfish actually.

" devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others. "

IM not trying to make anyone seem that way yall doing it on your own.

People would be much happier if they learned money is not the be all end all of life.

but yeah seems all anyone against it can come up with are two statements "my tax money" and "others poor decisions" That second one gets me. Just because someone hits a hard patch or needs help dose not make them a poor decision maker. Shit happens.

Like I said I work in the medical field with yalls mentality every person who comes in that smoked or drank or in general MADE POOR HEALTH DESICIONS should be left to die. Yeah so like you said where do we draw the line. How you feeling about YOUR tax money being spent on people to birth their children and save their lives .... yeah but wont speak up on that cause dont want to look like an ass. Its the same thing so they should all be left to die because of their decisions?

Other things happen in life other then poor financial choices. Houses burn, jobs get lost, pandemics happen. So all those people should be just screwed because of other events? Yeah selfish man very selfish.

Not exactly sure why others would wish economic hard ships on others. But one thing i can promise yall sit in your ivory palaces now. If the day comes and I hope it does not, and a hardship befalls you. I can promise youll be in the same lines with a hand out wanting help. Your not gonna just go slink off into the bushes and die because you dont feel you should use tax dollars.
They still don’t deserve a damn penny. People are free to donate, but I do not support and will shun those leeches to death that are cancel culture. More I read more it sickens me.

I don’t understand why they expect others to pick up their mistakes. I’d rather go bankrupt than let any of myhard earned fortunate bail out those crappy decision people.

rhey signed the lines, they pay the debt. But many don’t even try, they just ignore it. That’s selfish.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
OK guys its been an interesting 25 pages. lets let it go. I think we covered it all. No hard feelings Like I said I was just getting the convo going if everyone agreed it would be boring :)

I do applaud everyone for not making it political thank you all for that. and we can at least all agree on mustangs.. maybe not tires, oil, gas and warranties but at least the car LOL.

Sponsored

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
OK guys its been an interesting 25 pages. lets let it go. I think we covered it all. No hard feelings Like I said I was just getting the convo going if everyone agreed it would be boring :)

I do applaud everyone for not making it political thank you all for that. and we can at least all agree on mustangs.. maybe not tires, oil, gas and warranties but at least the car LOL.
Agreed 100%

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Sorta like the states where you have to pay for schools and buses and school lunches to educate and feed and transport others children through car property taxes even if you don't have children? is it different?
Hello; Interesting point. In fact I am childless and have for all my adult life been paying for the education of children not my own. Of course it needs to be made clear these property taxes and fees support K thru 12 public schools in my local area. A working theory has been that the education of all children yields a benefit for me as well as the parents of those children. I can buy into this to a large degree.
The student loan forgiveness is about higher education and takes on a different aspect. I went to college. I borrowed money with the understanding that debt would have to be my responsibility to discharge. I did not take out the loans with an understanding that I only had to discharge the debt if i got a good job. In fact I knew I would be responsible even if I only got a bad job. That is the way it was for those with a current debt.
Again a convoluted line of reasoning which spins and does not stay on topic.

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
myself, like most come here to not deal with the daily bullsh*t. We just need something to let us forget the sh*t going on! We’re here for our passions (cars)! Take this Sh*t to a political forum! Good Luck.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Fair enough if you will accept that your initial points have been well refuted.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello; Fair enough if you will accept that your initial points have been well refuted.
LOL Never!!!!!! IM stubborn :cwl: I will say everyone made good valid points on their particular view of how they feel about things.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.