Warranty exclusion for track use

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I’ll be pissed if this is the case for the Mach 1

Im so god damn tired of Ford falling behind GM in everything performance-related. They can’t make a car that performs as well in the same price range, they won’t include a PDR even though they ALREADY HAVE THE SOFTWARE TO INTEGRATE IT INTO SYNC3, and now they’re refusing to cover track use while Chevy specified that ALL of their performance cars (not just certain variants) are meant to be track driven and will be covered as such?

This is exactly why I told myself I wouldn’t buy another new Ford until they cleaned up their act. It’s just a shame the Mach 1 was so damn good

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
How will they know if it’s been on a track if you remove the telematics fuse :)

Just street driving, not concerned about fudging the truth to dealerships that straight up lie to almost every customer about service related issues

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
How will they know if it’s been on a track if you remove the telematics fuse :)

Just street driving, not concerned about fudging the truth to dealerships that straight up lie to almost every customer about service related issues
They will know. I'm not exactly sure which performance metrics are recorded, but I know they are. Heck, GPS may be recorded too for all i know. That is a question i wil look into.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I was also thinking how would they know...but if the car is keeping a GPS log, that would certainly do it. Very interested in finding out. Seems some well placed aluminum foil would solve the issue though.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
There is an old saying that every racer or open tracker learn very early:
“If you can’t afford, emotionally and financially, to loose/write off your car, don’t take it to the track
Instead of bitching that Ford changed their warranty for 2020, be thankful that for many years Ford was picking up the tab for your mechanical issues related to tracking your car
Nobody forced you to buy a 2020 and as part of due diligence you should have known what the warranty was
So, don’t say that Ford pulled a fast one on you and that you have a legal case
I know that I’m going to be flamed for this post but I’m tired of people not assuming and taking responsibility for their decision
As a long time racer I know what if you want to play, you have to pay, mean

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
We’re “paying to play” when we pay 60,000 fucking dollars to have a car that’s marketed as THE MOST track capable 5.0 Mustang in history. The fact that Ford wont cover track use for a car specifically designed to go to the track, especially when all of the competitors cover track use, is ridiculous... and you trying to defend them not supporting their customer base is fucking pathetic

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So Ford doesn't want people tracking their track cars? This reminds me of the early R35 GT-R's launch control. The transmission was made of paper-maché and chewing gum, so Nissan wouldn't service the car when launch control would lunch the transaxle.
So if you’re having a transaxle for lunch, what’s for dinner? :cwl:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
We’re “paying to play” when we pay 60,000 fucking dollars to have a car that’s marketed as THE MOST track capable 5.0 Mustang in history. The fact that Ford wont cover track use for a car specifically designed to go to the track, especially when all of the competitors cover track use, is ridiculous... and you trying to defend them not supporting their customer base is fucking pathetic
You might want to stock up on these..........:cwl:

1606010980997.jpeg

By the way, I agree with you. :like:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Ford: This is the most track ready 5.0 Mustang ever
Also Ford: Please don't track it, it might break and then it's your problem
đŸ€Ł

Come on Ford, Chevy is giving track warranty on base Camaro SS and Corvette Z51 models, what are you doing? 🙈

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Well, loosely translated, "track ready" and "track capable" mean that you can track it if you want, but....

apexit53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1 handling pack
honestly so dumb. I get if you bin it the car isn't covered but come on. My ss 1Le GM covers things if you track the car. there have been stories of a car dropping a valve on track and GM covers it. Unfortunate it happens but kudos for gm sticking behind their TRACK BUILT CAR! lol

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So Ford doesn't want people tracking their track cars? This reminds me of the early R35 GT-R's launch control. The transmission was made of paper-maché and chewing gum, so Nissan wouldn't service the car when launch control would lunch the transaxle.

Right Ford sets their redline, their top speed, and their Traction Control parameters. If you haven't modded any of those you are using the car within it's limits, as set by Ford.

What next, Raptor won't be covered for off road use, even though it is specifically designed (and advertised) to be off road capable.

"The Mach 1 will be the most track capable Mustang ever...". But whatever you do, don't drive it on a track or we void the warranty.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Last edited:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well, loosely translated, "track ready" and "track capable" mean that you can track it if you want, but....
“Track-capable” means that you can drive the car on track without the concerns of it falling victim to the hardships that most standard cars would. And as such, IF the car DOES succumb to those hardships, the manufacturer should cover the repair, as they built and advertised the car to be able to withstand that capability

“Track-capable” doesn’t just mean “fast”. It means being able to SURVIVE regular use at a racetrack. If the car can’t survive track use, then it shouldn’t be advertised as track capable. And if the car can survive track use, then the manufacturer should have no problem with covering it
Sponsored