What did you do to your GT350 today?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Celebrating G0853’s 5th birthday today!

Holding off the winter routine to hopefully get ‘er out at least one more time this season.

My old sig pic in case anyone’s missing it...
0BEB8BAF-9FB9-46E9-9BC7-2FFB0270B1B5.jpeg
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I got a speeding ticket. :frown: But I'm eligible to have it deferred. :sunglasses:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I got a speeding ticket. :frown: But I'm eligible to have it deferred. :sunglasses:
Deferred? Never heard of a speeding ticket being ‘legally’ deferred. Do tell?

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I got one in Texas last year. Texas does some weird stuff.

The explanation I got from my Texas Peeps. You call and pay the fine and they will defer the points for 60 days. If no other instances, the points are not counted and you are free and clear.

Bottom line: Pay me the money!!!

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

I got one in Texas last year. Texas does some weird stuff.

The explanation I got from my Texas Peeps. You call and pay the fine and they will defer the points for 60 days. If no other instances, the points are not counted and you are free and clear.

Bottom line: Pay me the money!!!
Close. I got caught doing 73 in a 55. Pulled around a slow ass truck right where a motorcycle cop had set up. Saw him immediately and shut it down. Or I might've not been eligible...

Here's the criteria for deferment in the county I was stopped:

Eligibility Conditions To Request Deferred Disposition for a Citation
  • You must not be currently participating in deferred disposition (probation) in any Court, including the Town of Westlake.
  • Your citation cannot have occurred in a construction zone with the workers present. This information will be contained on the front of your citation.
  • You must not have received a citation for 95 miles per hour or more, 25 or more miles over the speed limit in a regular zone, or 15 or more miles over in a school zone.
  • You must not possess a Class B or Class A driver’s license for commercial vehicles. You must only possess a Class C License (Regular Driver’s License)
If you do not meet all of the eligibility conditions above and you would like to enter your plea before the Judge, you must appear at the Court date and time listed on your citation. In some instances, State law will not allow the Judge to grant deferred disposition and therefore a personal appearance will not alter your ability to request probation.

If you do meet the eligibility conditions above, please refer to the request procedures listed below for your options to submit your deferred disposition request.

I will fill out the request form. Wait for approval. Then once approval is granted, pay the fine and start my 90 day clock. I think you can only get one deferment per calendar year. I also have the defensive driving course as an option if for some reason I'm denied deferment.

Sponsored

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
If that is an infrared heater, make sure it’s not pointing at your cars... infrared heats objects not air.. I just don’t want to see you mess your paint. Best Regards

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Close. I got caught doing 73 in a 55. Pulled around a slow ass truck right where a motorcycle cop had set up. Saw him immediately and shut it down. Or I might've not been eligible...

Here's the criteria for deferment in the county I was stopped:

Eligibility Conditions To Request Deferred Disposition for a Citation
  • You must not be currently participating in deferred disposition (probation) in any Court, including the Town of Westlake.
  • Your citation cannot have occurred in a construction zone with the workers present. This information will be contained on the front of your citation.
  • You must not have received a citation for 95 miles per hour or more, 25 or more miles over the speed limit in a regular zone, or 15 or more miles over in a school zone.
  • You must not possess a Class B or Class A driver’s license for commercial vehicles. You must only possess a Class C License (Regular Driver’s License)
If you do not meet all of the eligibility conditions above and you would like to enter your plea before the Judge, you must appear at the Court date and time listed on your citation. In some instances, State law will not allow the Judge to grant deferred disposition and therefore a personal appearance will not alter your ability to request probation.

If you do meet the eligibility conditions above, please refer to the request procedures listed below for your options to submit your deferred disposition request.

I will fill out the request form. Wait for approval. Then once approval is granted, pay the fine and start my 90 day clock. I think you can only get one deferment per calendar year. I also have the defensive driving course as an option if for some reason I'm denied deferment.
OK I did know all the criteria, a friend tried to explain to me.

I got caught doing 83 in a 65. (and construction zone)

I ended up hiring an attorney, it cost more than the ticket would have, but did not receive the points and that was my main concern.

Sponsored

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
OK I did know all the criteria, a friend tried to explain to me.

I got caught doing 83 in a 65. (and construction zone)

I ended up hiring an attorney, it cost more than the ticket would have, but did not receive the points and that was my main concern.
Got it all taken care of today. Paid a couple bones ($263) and my probation is up 2-9-21. Pretty quick and smooth.

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
New shift knob and Shaker symbol delete. The FP knob is a bit heavier than stock (185g) but it's alright.

I also have one on order from Lathe Werks. I'm trying out their Hybrid Piston for a more modern shifter. If everything goes well, I'll get a ball shaped one from them as well.

20201112_162600.jpg