Bullitt0819

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
You're all correct, of course. After mulling it over I remembered hitting something hard a while back--don't recall if it was the RF, but obviously it was--so a new tire is in order.

Thanks all for bringing me to my senses; with the suspension upgrade I'm ready to push it a little more.

Edit: Fortunately, the wheel wasn't damaged. The black stuff wiped off easily; it appeared to have been rubbed-off the sidewall. Looks like I hit it as hard as I could without damaging the rim (still trying to remember how/when I hit it).
Sponsored

Last edited:

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
You're all correct, of course. After mulling it over I remembered hitting something hard a while back--don't recall if it was the RF, but obviously it was--so a new tire is in order.

Thanks all for bringing me to my senses; with the suspension upgrade I'm ready to push it a little more.

Edit: Fortunately, the wheel wasn't damaged. The black stuff wiped off easily; it appeared to have been rubbed-off the sidewall. Looks like I hit it as hard as I could without damaging the rim (still trying to remember how/when I hit it).
Good, I'm glad you came to this conclusion. I understand the frustration of this kind of thing and how easy it can be to write it off and think it's ok, or think there is a manufacturing defect and just be mad about it (I'm not hating, I have been there myself more times than I care to have been there). You, your mustang, and all of your fellow drivers around you, will all be better off.

OP
OP
Bullitt0819

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Funny thing is, I don't know why I even thought for a second that that I could get away with not replacing the tire (I'll probably do both fronts to keep them even). I've always been super careful about things that can kill you (tires, brakes, steering, suspension, etc.). Old age-induced brain fart maybe, or maybe because the car's still pretty new and I didn't expect any repairs for a while.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Like others have said, and you, its no good and will only get worse. Been there with my boat trailer.

20141215_123525.jpg
Sponsored