Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mind sharing that document with us? That would be great to see, I’m really curious what it might say that we don’t know about yet. If it does have cloth Recaros as a stand-alone option, maybe they’re planning on offering the Shelby’s Recaros in this car?

in regards to pricing, the price does go up every year, but base price for the Bullitt was $47k. That paired with the improvements the Mach 1 has is why my guess is $49k. But I REALLY don’t think Ford feels as if they don’t need to compete with the GT350... people are ALREADY questioning whether it would be smarter to go with a Mach 1 or used GT350, and if this is priced anywhere near where the old one was, it just won’t sell. If Ford REALLY felt that way about pricing, they would’ve given this car the GT350’s radial mounted brakes, 2 piece rotors, aluminum spindles, upgraded control arms, and alcantara steering wheel. This is 100% meant to be a more budget racer than the GT350, which is what I love about it... Shelby performance without the Shelby pricing
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Mind sharing that document with us? That would be great to see, I’m really curious what it might say that we don’t know about yet. If it does have cloth Recaros as a stand-alone option, maybe they’re planning on offering the Shelby’s Recaros in this car?

in regards to pricing, the price does go up every year, but base price for the Bullitt was $47k. That paired with the improvements the Mach 1 has is why my guess is $49k. But I REALLY don’t think Ford feels as if they don’t need to compete with the GT350... people are ALREADY questioning whether it would be smarter to go with a Mach 1 or used GT350, and if this is priced anywhere near where the old one was, it just won’t sell. If Ford REALLY felt that way about pricing, they would’ve given this car the GT350’s radial mounted brakes, 2 piece rotors, aluminum spindles, upgraded control arms, and alcantara steering wheel. This is 100% meant to be a more budget racer than the GT350, which is what I love about it... Shelby performance without the Shelby pricing
i've attached a pdf of the doc.

they won't be the shelby recaros unfortunately. you can see they are the regular mustang gt recaro seats in all of the pictures that have been posted.

you make a good point about the mach not having the 350 brakes. its not a shelby replacement but i still think even without the brakes and some other goodies, its got enough over the bullitt to justify a decent price bump from ford's perspective. hope i'm wrong though!

Attachments

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Huh, that’s an interesting document...

It also states that the Brembo calipers will be black except for the appearance package (in which case, they’re orange) while the press release car had red calipers and Ford’s article on the car specified red calipers. Wonder if that changed, and if it actually did, then why? I’d be pretty disappointed if we were getting the same old black calipers

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I’d be pretty disappointed if we were getting the same old black calipers
it'll be a $500 option like GM. I deliberately sourced the Bullitt brembos for my GT and relegated the flat-gray-mess brembos to the Eco.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
i've attached a pdf of the doc.

they won't be the shelby recaros unfortunately. you can see they are the regular mustang gt recaro seats in all of the pictures that have been posted.

you make a good point about the mach not having the 350 brakes. its not a shelby replacement but i still think even without the brakes and some other goodies, its got enough over the bullitt to justify a decent price bump from ford's perspective. hope i'm wrong though!
It looks like the handling package won’t be available right away either :(

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My tea leaves say:
600A - cloth interior, 12" LCD dash
700A - "leather" interior, 12" LCD dash, option of 'appearance' package for FJG+Orange
$1600 to change seats to current GT Recaro option.

I really hate the 12" LCD gimmick. I hope 600A is traditional dash but doubtful. The A10 people swoon at the sight because they got nothing better to occupy their attention. :)

My revised guess, all calipers are (semi-)gloss black like was done for the California Special, black with red option which may or may not be locked out depending on body color, except for orange which we know is locked to FJG. If you want red you'll have to paint them yourself or buy Bullitt parts.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Huh, that’s an interesting document...

It also states that the Brembo calipers will be black except for the appearance package (in which case, they’re orange) while the press release car had red calipers and Ford’s article on the car specified red calipers. Wonder if that changed, and if it actually did, then why? I’d be pretty disappointed if we were getting the same old black calipers
it says orange or red calipers available.

It looks like the handling package won’t be available right away either :(
Could that be due to the tires that come on the HP not being used during the winter months? Wasn’t there an issue with the gt350r where they didn’t make them in the winter because the tires could crack in the cold? If so I would think the HP would be available by March or so