S550 owner shows off - into pole

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Smokin' dope slows your reaction time . . . . . .
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Other than wrecking the car, and the certainty that the owner/driver is somewhere really pissed right now, I have no problem with that.

It was a responsible time & place to horse around, where the only person in any danger was the driver/owner.

Well.....they wrecked it. Sucks to be them!!!

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Video game graphics sure have come a long way. Almost looks real.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Video game graphics sure have come a long way. Almost looks real.
I was thinking it could be fake as well, but looking at the grey car in the foreground convinced me it was real. There is no game engine that will render items hanging from a rear view mirror, through glass, in real time. It is possible, but unlikely. It would be a waste of limited resources.

On further review, the tire smoke effects also could not be rendered in a game. Smoke graphics use a transparent texture and surface map that isn't variable in consistency or volume.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I was thinking it could be fake as well, but looking at the grey car in the foreground convinced me it was real. There is no game engine that will render items hanging from a rear view mirror, through glass, in real time.
I looked again too.

It was real. There was even a tiny little piece of black plastic or something that came flying out from the front end. Plus the oil drops on the pavement from shitboxes parking in the lot.

That was real alright.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I looked again too.

It was real. There was even a tiny little piece of black plastic or something that came flying out from the front end. Plus the oil drops on the pavement from shitboxes parking in the lot.

That was real alright.
Just an FYI, oil drops on the pavement and pieces flying off are pretty easy to do with most game engines. Oil drops would just be added to a texture, or applied like stickers. There are a number of "rag doll" physics engines that feature realistic impact and explosion effects. I spent a number of years as a game developer, still fool around with it a little.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
When was the last time you played a videogame? The Mandolrian's background effects were all done live on set in a game engine. Shit has come a long way since the PS2 :crackup:
Yeah, but that video is genuine. Graphics are good, but you can tell that's real.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I think the surreal quality of the video is due to maybe some enhanced camera settings.

Speaking of surreal, "officer, a dog ran out in front of me, so I swerved to avoid him!"

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
When was the last time you played a videogame? The Mandolrian's background effects were all done live on set in a game engine. Shit has come a long way since the PS2 :crackup:
I may be 77, but I still play games and know the engines, as well as the processors and limitations they have. I have seen the Mandolorian video game and most of the graphics are scripted, nothing special. But, even if they were, name one video game that supports open world vehicles with the settings and features observed in that video.

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
One of the first things the old-timers taught me when I was autocrossing my RX8 years ago was this..."The car follows your hands, your hands follow your eyes." Basically, look where you want to go.

This looks like a textbook example of target fixation.

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
One of the first things the old-timers taught me when I was autocrossing my RX8 years ago was this..."The car follows your hands, your hands follow your eyes." Basically, look where you want to go.

This looks like a textbook example of target fixation.
Man, I miss my auto-crossing days.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So I play lots of video games I mean lots. and mostly on a 4k set up high rez pc. IM not sure what video games people are playing that they would even begin to to confuse this video with a video game. Or even question if the video was generated. I mean graphics have come a long way but they are no where even close to this level as far as in engine. But those that think this might be video game engine created then Ill wanna to your set up and see the games you are playing. I mean they spend millions and millions on the hulk and jar jar binks and movies like that and cant even make those look real who thinks some you tuber has the cash to generate this level of graphics to make a mustang crash clip.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That's the point I'm trying to make. You don't need to spend millions anymore. The Adobe Suite costs less than $60/month. A computer capable of rendering is only a few $1000, and a really good mirrorless setup is the same. The biggest outlay is in the time spent on all the post production needed to do this. I'm not saying this was staged. I'm saying it's not outside the realm of possibility to make it look good enough to fool the passing observer.
True, but I guess what I was saying was the people saying video game level ... I dont care how good a video game looks or how high a cost of a rig you have you always know a video game the second you se it. The time and amount of money tom do this clip is not video game level and even if at a photorealistic quality the cost and time... why would anyone make this as the content? makes no sense. I guess im confused on how the topic of faked or video game even came into this conversation as its not even a slightly remote chance any of that applies to this video.

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
2 Ways I know it's real.

1. It sounds too good. No matter how good graphics have gotten, they always lack in replicating true sound.

2. The windshield wipers came on lol. Everytime somebody crashes, spins out or whatever..the windshield wipers are always on after everything has settled. It's like it's a feature lol.
Sponsored