andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone has access to the Body and Paint Service Checklist form? I’m looking to do some warranty work and have never actually seen one in the flesh, if they actually exist!
Sponsored

svfinnishline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, MB Citan
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone has access to the Body and Paint Service Checklist form? I’m looking to do some warranty work and have never actually seen one in the flesh, if they actually exist!
I don't have the checklist, but happy to share my experience. 2020 Bullitt delivered Dec 2019. Door jambs and interior door (hinge side) showing primer through on both drivers and passenger side. Lift the rear boot lid and again primer showing through especially towards the top (rear most) end of the boot lid interior.

A blind man could & should have spotted it. The dealer didn't (apparently), I didn't after inspecting on a dark and rainy afternoon in December. Knowing what I know now, I would want to wash down the car myself - touch every panel, dry every panel and then you may have a fighting chance at finding defects. I didn't realise the issues until I washed the car myself (six months down the line) as previous washes were handled by the local detailer. Had I not opened the doors to dry the sills - I still would not be aware of the issues.

Ironically enough, after taking the car to the dealer to have the issues addressed - they asked me about the boot lid interior. I never looked at it - as soon as it was lifted in the dealer reps presence - there was primer showing through at least half the rear boot (interior side).

In the end the dealer resolved the issues, and did a good job removing the doors, the rear boot and respraying everything. But had I seen all of the issues on the day that I inspected the car - I would never have accepted it.