Sponsored

New owner impressions

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Yo everyone, so I've collect few KM's but enough to have some fresh impressions.
I bought a 2019 Bullitt with around 5K Km on it (Ford owned, used as exposition and test for potential buyers), it's basically "new", the price here in Europe is damn expensive (if compared with you in the US) and I managed to save a big chunk of money. Forgot my production number (it's in the garage.. will edit the post later.. :D ). Most of my impressions can be translated to every GT, posting here coz I own a Bullitt.

First impression: I weren't used to drive a car with this kind of engine, I always owned "sports" cars whit little torque on the low, so used to maintain very high rpm's to maintain the optimal performance. I had a RX8 before this (wankel engine), it was like driving a motor-bike, switching to the V8 the first minutes it was like driving a super-truck. Was a little disoriented at the first, now more I drive more a like the fact that while the engine is not that "reactive", the power (the torque) is everywhere, no matter which gear I'm using, it pushes on my back by just hitting the gas.

What I like (random order):

- The driving aids: honestly I never liked this kind of stuff on a car that is meant to be driven by the pilot (that is the reason of why i chosen a MT82), but I had to reconsider it. The adaptive cruise control works so good, that I end every trip (on highways) much more relaxed than before. Same for the lane aid, at the start it feel so odd (trying to push me outside of a corner when I intentionally wanted to "cut" it!) but few KMs has been enough to get used of it, and the added safety (in example when you may get distracted to pick some something...), after have tried it, it's something I wouldn't give up on a new vehicle.

- Magneride: i've heard it isn't the best for the bucks, but I never had a car with active suspensions before so I have nothing to compare with, however I didn't thought that the difference between normal/sport was that perceptible, but it is! Now I have soft rides when I drive in a broken city floor, and stiff sporty rides when I do my fun driving.

- The look: I was so in love for the Mustang (not just the Bullitt) that I bought this car without even seeing it in real life before. Loved the specs, loved the pictures... but in real life it's another story. It's so damn beautiful, I believe the pictures doesn't give to it enough justice (that is the opinion of everyone else I shown it in the photos but then have looked at it in person). I've chosen the HG as color, for the added uniqueness. I love it!

- The smart lights: this should have fallen in the driving aids category, however I'm mentioning it separately because whenever many modern car has it, it amazed me how well they works. Having it switching the high beams on/off magically put me a smile on my face (I live in a place where you have lights discontinuity and believe me.. that click clack on the lever is so annoying!).

- The sound: I don't think I have to spend more than a few words about it.. you know about it already. The added bonus of having the active exhaust make it perfect.

What I don't like (or not used of it yet):

- Size and weight: as I mentioned before, I were used to drive more "agile" cars. I'm not sure how well I will cope withe the kind of "small" roads we have here in EU, so I have to put much more attention in my driving. I'm not enjoying much fun on those mountain roads but I may eventually get some when I'll get used of its mass.

- Trunk access size: the whole car is huge (for what we're used to drive here), the trunk is very spacious, but the access is so tiny? I don't think they couldn't developed a different solution to make it bigger. There's a lot of space.. why Ford?

- No sensors on the front while parking: this doesn't make much sense to me, the bonnet is so long and high that you can't really see what's going on there. There's this awesome technology already aboard, but I have "guess" the space on my front while parking? I wanted something better. I've had the experience of testing the camera system in the Nissan's, and man that's a great technology!

I'm sure I will "discover" many other aspects while driving it... but for now that's it!
Sponsored

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
What power output do you have in a LHD Euro Bullitt?

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019, MagnaRide, Recaro's etc...2016 Land Rover Discovery 4 Landmark Edition, 2012 Mini Cooper
No idea about the real power, but the paper say 459hp.
I Ford technical document I read over here in UK for UK Mustangs, mentioned it was 470bhp. I have a performance tune and it takes it up to 500. Works a treat.

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
Yes that’s what they give us in the UK, 459 PS or 453 BHP, they use the excuse of having to route the exhaust manifold on one side around the steering column, I never really believed this and if your LHD Bullitt is the same then my suspicions are right and it’s all about emissions as usual.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Do your EU Bullitts have the same GT350 intake as our cars, or the regular GT (with an engine cover) one? I ask because those cars have 460HP, so maybe Ford left that engine there. Seems crazy to lose 27 HP due to a different exhaust routing on one side. Just 7 would make more sense :). At least you guys got driver aids, like adaptive cruise, lane departure, auto high beams, etc. We didn't.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Yes, same GT350 intake and throttle body, the car is identical to the US version, except for the "optional" (that here are stock), we got the full package (including the BO audio and the CD player.. whenever it counts) and you have no optional to chose from. In some countries you can't even chose the color (it's sold only with in HG, the black isn't an option) and you cannot chose the seats (in example in Italy it's sold only with Recaro.. mine has the electronic seats, as I bought it in Spain).
Today I just had a bad surprise, despite the car is fully packed, it doesn't come with the seats memory position (well I don't have a button next to the door handle) ..wtf the seats have every possible setting, they are even climate controlled, but no memory??? Another no-sense decision by Ford, unless the button is elsewhere.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Yo everyone, so I've collect few KM's but enough to have some fresh impressions.
I bought a 2019 Bullitt with around 5K Km on it (Ford owned, used as exposition and test for potential buyers), it's basically "new", the price here in Europe is damn expensive (if compared with you in the US) and I managed to save a big chunk of money. Forgot my production number (it's in the garage.. will edit the post later.. :D ). Most of my impressions can be translated to every GT, posting here coz I own a Bullitt.

First impression: I weren't used to drive a car with this kind of engine, I always owned "sports" cars whit little torque on the low, so used to maintain very high rpm's to maintain the optimal performance. I had a RX8 before this (wankel engine), it was like driving a motor-bike, switching to the V8 the first minutes it was like driving a super-truck. Was a little disoriented at the first, now more I drive more a like the fact that while the engine is not that "reactive", the power (the torque) is everywhere, no matter which gear I'm using, it pushes on my back by just hitting the gas.

- The driving aids: honestly I never liked this kind of stuff on a car that is meant to be driven by the pilot (that is the reason of why i chosen a MT82), but I had to reconsider it. The adaptive cruise control works so good, that I end every trip (on highways) much more relaxed than before. Same for the lane aid, at the start it feel so odd (trying to push me outside of a corner when I intentionally wanted to "cut" it!) but few KMs has been enough to get used of it, and the added safety (in example when you may get distracted to pick some something...), after have tried it, it's something I wouldn't give up on a new vehicle.

- Magneride: i've heard it isn't the best for the bucks, but I never had a car with active suspensions before so I have nothing to compare with, however I didn't thought that the difference between normal/sport was that perceptible, but it is! Now I have soft rides when I drive in a broken city floor, and stiff sporty rides when I do my fun driving.

- The look: I was so in love for the Mustang (not just the Bullitt) that I bought this car without even seeing it in real life before. Loved the specs, loved the pictures... but in real life it's another story. It's so damn beautiful, I believe the pictures doesn't give to it enough justice (that is the opinion of everyone else I shown it in the photos but then have looked at it in person). I've chosen the HG as color, for the added uniqueness. I love it!

- The smart lights: this should have fallen in the driving aids category, however I'm mentioning it separately because whenever many modern car has it, it amazed me how well they works. Having it switching the high beams on/off magically put me a smile on my face (I live in a place where you have lights discontinuity and believe me.. that click clack on the lever is so annoying!).

- The sound: I don't think I have to spend more than a few words about it.. you know about it already. The added bonus of having the active exhaust make it perfect.

- Size and weight: as I mentioned before, I were used to drive more "agile" cars. I'm not sure how well I will cope withe the kind of "small" roads we have here in EU, so I have to put much more attention in my driving. I'm not enjoying much fun on those mountain roads but I may eventually get some when I'll get used of its mass.

- Trunk access size: the whole car is huge (for what we're used to drive here), the trunk is very spacious, but the access is so tiny? I don't think they couldn't developed a different solution to make it bigger. There's a lot of space.. why Ford?

- No sensors on the front while parking: this doesn't make much sense to me, the bonnet is so long and high that you can't really see what's going on there. There's this awesome technology already aboard, but I have "guess" the space on my front while parking? I wanted something better. I've had the experience of testing the camera system in the Nissan's, and man that's a great technology!

I'm sure I will "discover" many other aspects while driving it... but for now that's it!
Enjoy your car! The magnaride is the real deal. Way faster than a non car on the corners

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
no memory??? Another no-sense decision by Ford, unless the button is elsewhere.
Unfortunately, if it's not there, it doesn't have it. Looks like Ford picked and chose freaking options at random. Our fully-loaded Bullitts didn't include Wi-Fi hot-spot, which GTs with the 401A package do (2020s do now). But I prefer to have the memory feature than that. Ha ha. And since there's no way to activate reverse tilt mirrors even with FORScan, I set the mirrors down on the 3rd memory, in case I ever need that. But you can also just move the mirror you need, then click your current memory and put it back where it was, so not a big deal. Ours also didn't include any of the 'safety' features (most are convenience IMO), like ACC, EB, LD, AHB, etc., but I can live without them, especially on this manual car. But at least Ford included BLIS and CTA as standard.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This is what is missing from Australian Delivery Bullitts!!

No centre gauges,

No strut brace,

No memory seats

No easy entry/exit,

No blind spot monitoring,

No cross traffic alert,

No oil pressure gauges, (instrument screen)

No green stitching on dash,

No green stitching on floor mats,

No audio options,

No sequential tail lights

No heated steering wheel.

3.55 diff instead of 3.73

Plus what Ford should have included!

Hood struts

Illuminated sill plate.

Sponsored

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
As above but we get the heated steering wheel in the UK, probably a reflection of our s**t weather.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
As above but we get the heated steering wheel in the UK, probably a reflection of our s**t weather.
You don't have this in the UK? I believed they were standard in EU/UK:

No cross traffic alert,

(mine has it)

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
You don't have this in the UK? I believed they were standard in EU/UK:

No cross traffic alert,

(mine has it)
No blind spot monitoring or cross traffic alerts, I haven’t looked for the oil gauge, anything that’s RHD specific we lose the Bullitt unique touches like the dash-top dials and the green stitching on the dash and floor mats.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
No blind spot monitoring or cross traffic alerts, I haven’t looked for the oil gauge, anything that’s RHD specific we lose the Bullitt unique touches like the dash-top dials and the green stitching on the dash and floor mats.
Lol.. I have the green stitching around (not the physical dash dials). So Ford basically built random combos, even in the same continent... didn't it costed more to them to split the production in X versions?

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit

Great review. Although we don't have adaptive cruise in the US, the options are perfect for this car. Nothing like a high revving n/a in a motor and rowing through the gears. I drive in sport + 100% of the time. Throttle response is definitely crisper, especially in the low end.
Sponsored