Sponsored

Steeda k member

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Is anyone running the Steeda drag race k member? I'd like to hear some real world experience. How much weight was actually taken off? Anything out of the ordinary with street manners? Setting my car up for drag racing, but will definitely drive on the street from time to time. If it wasn't rather expensive, I'd have bought it already so I'm trying to justify the price. TIA
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Is anyone running the Steeda drag race k member? I'd like to hear some real world experience. How much weight was actually taken off? Anything out of the ordinary with street manners? Setting my car up for drag racing, but will definitely drive on the street from time to time. If it wasn't rather expensive, I'd have bought it already so I'm trying to justify the price. TIA
@80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Just swapping kmember is right at 25lb weight reduction. The install is very straightforward and the Steeda kmember fits perfectly. Allows lots of room to get to starter, engine mounts, headers and oil filter. The Steeda kmember is a realrreal nice piece and is highly recommended.

@SteedaTech
@Evil 5.0

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Just swapping kmember is right at 25lb weight reduction. The install is very straightforward and the Steeda kmember fits perfectly. Allows lots of room to get to starter, engine mounts, headers and oil filter. The Steeda kmember is a realrreal nice piece and is highly recommended.

@SteedaTech
@Evil 5.0
Right on man, thank you!

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Tech tip: drop rack with oem kmember. Bolts holding in rack are the high friction variety and are much easier to remove with oem kmember separated from car.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Tech tip: drop rack with oem kmember. Bolts holding in rack are the high friction variety and are much easier to remove with oem kmember separated from car.
Ah, great tip! Any more? How long did it take you to do the swap? Can one man do it alone?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Ah, great tip! Any more? How long did it take you to do the swap? Can one man do it alone?
You can do it 4hrs easy. I did mine with engine out, so you will need to support the engine from above.

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
You can do it 4hrs easy. I did mine with engine out, so you will need to support the engine from above.
Right on man, thanks again!