Issues with Sync 2 Update to 5.9

pappy72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have a 2017 Base GT that I have been trying to update the SYNC 2 system from 5.1 to 5.9. I entered my VIN, and downloaded the ZIP file per Fords instructions. Formated a blank USB, and copied the files as it stated. I plug it in and nothing. Fords site states that I should have 2 files and a folder containing Cabinet files. I have all the files but the dontindx.msa file. instead I have a file - install.lst. Anyone had the same issue?
Sponsored

eddison

Make sure the USB is formatted FAT32. Otherwsie, try another USB drive.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have a 2017 Base GT that I have been trying to update the SYNC 2 system from 5.1 to 5.9. I entered my VIN, and downloaded the ZIP file per Fords instructions. Formated a blank USB, and copied the files as it stated. I plug it in and nothing. Fords site states that I should have 2 files and a folder containing Cabinet files. I have all the files but the dontindx.msa file. instead I have a file - install.lst. Anyone had the same issue?
If you have a 2017 you should have Sync 3.0. What did you download?

OP
OP
pappy72

pappy72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have a base GT. Still running the Sync 2. Currently have 5.1. Fords site said I can update to 5.9. Tried downloading again on a windows pc with a different USB. Car still can’t see my usb. Just going to bite the bullet and take it to the dealer.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have a base GT. Still running the Sync 2. Currently have 5.1. Fords site said I can update to 5.9. Tried downloading again on a windows pc with a different USB. Car still can’t see my usb. Just going to bite the bullet and take it to the dealer.
Sorry, my bad. Didn’t think about you having a base car. Does the USB input work with music? Just wondering if the input might have failed.

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
The donotindx.msa is not really needed, what it does it tell the unit not to index the flash drive. it is a 0 size file

I know they talk about USB 3, try it with an older USB 2 drive. It will go slower but might be more stable.

Is there any reason you are updating?
Sponsored