viper11511

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Welcome! Man you guys are making me want to take the stripes off mine now
Thank you! Stripes are so 2019. Haha! Just kidding! It's a coin toss. Both look amazing on these cars!

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Would you do traditional black dual stripes or get crazy with them?
The plan is to do black like my (previous2016) non R Red with black stripe. But, dont want to do the white pin stripe and confuse the idiots. So was thinking a yellow pin stripe.

But have owned the car 8 months and still not sure I want the stripes

Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on an awesome car. I have been enjoying my R and have no regrets. My R would be my second mustang as my previous was 13' GT500.

And good choice on the 'no stripes'. I think it looks quite good without them.

Coolhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
And I keep debating putting stripes on!! LOL
Mine came with a black roof and no stripes. Stripes meant Shelby to me so I had them put on. Really stands out now. Most people that saw it liked it, but just thought it was a cool-colored blue Mustang. Now it stands out. It is still a personal choice though.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
The “Stripes “ have been quite the conversation! The history of why Pete Brock added Stripes to the GT350R? The Briggs Cunningham race cars used the over the hood stripes to an advantage for the driver to tell weather or not he was crossed up or oversteering compared you the tracks line and to help him correct it earlier. Peter was a master at development in that era . So the over the top stripes on my Shelby are a personal part of Peters shelby identifying stripes especially since I met him and admire his work and him as a wonderful person and advanced designer ! Now let’s talk about why the rear of your Shelby Is “ coved inwards ? Thanks Peter Brock again for finding out that a Dr Kamm had discovered that it helps and aids dynamic push at high speeds . one of the reasons the Daytona coupe was faster than the Ferraris and helped when the F I A championship in 1965 . The Kamm back “ on the Daytona cobra coupes . . Yes our Shelby’s have some of that too !

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
“ give me Stripes “ from the Briggs Cunningham then the original GT350R/ Daytona coupes then to mine . I’m hoping this fun and interesting history is enjoyable for any of you ; as I was have lived through this part of Shelby history after owning three 1966 GT350’s and now this fantastic “R”
4FC92FDE-1397-49F6-8360-D11B95DA1598.jpeg
D6D72E89-3146-4B0C-97ED-66991E72C515.jpeg
A60CCAAC-F551-453D-A0BF-710B9BC7F013.jpeg

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
The “Stripes “ have been quite the conversation! The history of why Pete Brock added Stripes to the GT350R? The Briggs Cunningham race cars used the over the hood stripes to an advantage for the driver to tell weather or not he was crossed up or oversteering compared you the tracks line and to help him correct it earlier. Peter was a master at development in that era . So the over the top stripes on my Shelby are a personal part of Peters shelby identifying stripes especially since I met him and admire his work and him as a wonderful person and advanced designer ! Now let’s talk about why the rear of your Shelby Is “ coved inwards ? Thanks Peter Brock again for finding out that a Dr Kamm had discovered that it helps and aids dynamic push at high speeds . one of the reasons the Daytona coupe was faster than the Ferraris and helped when the F I A championship in 1965 . The Kamm back “ on the Daytona cobra coupes . . Yes our Shelby’s have some of that too !
Great history lesson, I did not know any of that

Sponsored

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Never thought red would look so good with out stripes! What a beauty !

Teej1911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
Welcome! I'm also new to the club! I've been reading this forum for a long time and gaining amazing knowledge about these cars. This is the best place for like-minded enthusiasts who truly appreciate what this car has to offer. I bought mine without even a test drive. I read every article, watched every YouTube out there about this car. The one thing they all had in common, was that everyone mentioned as some point or another that this is SPECIAL. There's heritage and soul built into this car. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be a part of this fizzling-out age of domestic N/A FPC V8, manual, rear wheel drive. It's a dying breed. Enjoy the car, and see ya in the threads!
Back.JPG

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
Welcome! Love seeing another RR stripe-delete GT350

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just to add to your comments the White with Blue stripes were already traditional American Racing Colors prior to Briggs Cunningham's racing efforts back in the 50's and 60's just as Italian race cars were typically painted Red and British race cars were typically pained Green which is why Cunningham went with these colors traditional American race colors on his cars.

If I recall correctly Ford first came out with the Wimbledon White paint scheme sometime in 1964 and I believe that the Guardsman Blue paint scheme was also a first year color back in 1964 therefore Pete Brock came up with this ingenious idea of using traditional American race colors and official Ford colors for the launch of 1965 GT350's and was obviously done to elevate the image of the new Shelby Ford Mustang and of course the 36 competition cars of which 34 of these cars were produced for customers.

:sunglasses:

OP
OP
viper11511

viper11511

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Never thought red would look so good with out stripes! What a beauty !
Thank you very much!! I see you have a Twister on the way! Can't wait to see some pics of your new toy soon!! Congrats!
Sponsored