Sponsored

18 vortech v7-JT knock issue

Dustind6327

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
Having an issue with knock up top, 2-4* my setup is gen 3 v7-JT headunit 3.1 pulley, triple 465s, I’ve checked 100xs for false knock can’t find anything, E test around 88. Anyone else have this setup afr, lamb everything is good, just starts pulling right at every shift. Timing is around 21-22, once this E is out the tank I’m gonna try ingnite red just to see if it’s fuel related, don’t think it is cause other local cars making more power than me on same pump E
Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
It's probably either the supercharger head unit knocking against the elbow on the throttle body during shifts or the plastic intake duct knocking on the fan shroud. These two issues are well documented and Alex Flores a tuner from Lund Racing has a video about it.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
I chased false knock for 2 months, using adhesive back weatherstrip on everything from the hood prop to wrapping all hard lines in coolant hose. Finally found it with my stubby filter knocking on the radiator shroud, but only under engine torque. Look for things that might hit when the motor torques (any hard parts that are less than 1/4” away from touching), and double check all of your exhaust for leaks and rattles. Also, check your intercooler piping IN the couplers, make sure they aren’t so close (inside of the coupler) that they could tap under load

OP
OP

Dustind6327

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
It's probably either the supercharger head unit knocking against the elbow on the throttle body during shifts or the plastic intake duct knocking on the fan shroud. These two issues are well documented and Alex Flores a tuner from Lund Racing has a video about it.
Head units not near the throttle body at all and just has a turbo guard on it no filter

OP
OP

Dustind6327

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
I chased false knock for 2 months, using adhesive back weatherstrip on everything from the hood prop to wrapping all hard lines in coolant hose. Finally found it with my stubby filter knocking on the radiator shroud, but only under engine torque. Look for things that might hit when the motor torques (any hard parts that are less than 1/4” away from touching), and double check all of your exhaust for leaks and rattles. Also, check your intercooler piping IN the couplers, make sure they aren’t so close (inside of the coupler) that they could tap under load
What Rpms did yours mainly show knock? I’ve checked all that it’s all good

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
It usually matches directly up with 100% throttle input, but sometimes it was all over the place. I can send you my logs if you’d like.
What Rpms did yours mainly show knock? I’ve checked all that it’s all good
Sponsored