Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Pre-Order HERE

***We are going to have PFC build some 2 Piece Brake Rotors for the S550 Mustang Rear***

***These Will Eliminate The Reverse Cooling Fin Design***

***Rotor Weight: 11.3 Pounds Vs. 17.3 Pounds for OEM Rotor***

*** You Are Pre-Buying a Pair of Rear Rotors***

***Expected Delivery Time is 8 Weeks from time of 10 Pre-Orders***

These will utilize PFC's Patented V3 ZeroFailures Floating Rotor System.

PFC utilizes the same race proven metallurgy and design from their Indy Car Motorsports Program. These 330MM Directional 48 Vane Slotted Rotors are built under strict requirements in PFC's own US Facility .

The patented V3 attachment uses a retention ring that holds the hat and disc together. The ring means no need for torque wrenches, no hardware and no hassle. The ability to change a disc quickly and efficiently saves time and effort. As well as being convenient, the new V3 technology is much lighter than previous designs, making it easier to put on and pull off. This V3 rotor retention method is based on the use of a two-turn retaining ring, which is held in a groove in the hat that overlaps the rotor flanges—effectively locking the rotor to the hat.

Every PFC Zero Failure™ rotor is manufactured in the US with the same process and testing conditions as our championship-winning race rotors.

PFC’s rotor mounting designs minimize thermal deformation, reducing drag and eliminating thermal judder.

Custom developed highly-alloyed friction materials deliver superior performance at high temperatures
Capture.JPG
rotor.JPG
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
your 2 pieces rear rotor is the classic example of solution in search of a problem
There is no improved braking capability whatsoever and if you need more rear braking there are plenty of pads available
Also the braking ratio between front and rear need to be kept close to what the factory designed. If you increase the rear, you better do the same to the front
Furthermore conventionally venter rotors will not in this case improve cooling since there is no ducting to bring air to the back of the rotors ( such as on the front of PP1/2)
So, can you explain why pulling warmer air ( warmer because the air going underneath the car is heated by the engine, exhaust, differential, etc) from the inside of the rotor to the outside is cooling better than pulling colder air from the outside to the OD of the rotor ?
Obviously on the PP1/2 Ford thought than better brake and cooling was needed in front but not on the back and save for different pads the PP1/2 use the exact same rear brake set up than base
Yes, unsprung weight is always a benefit and its exactly what I said in my post
But not $800 for 12 lbs is worth it except for professional racing
And I know what I'm talking about, not only do I track my modified S550 but i have been racing for over 30 years. From open wheels car, to Trans-Am, to Vintage and a bunch of other cars
That say I am always glad to see a bunch of after-market parts and 2 pieces rotor do look cool
You're forgetting about the fact that the wheel face spinning and the airflow across the car does a great job at limiting flow of air into the rotor vents. The vanes on the inside act like an air pump and pull air through and out radially.

I'd agree that most people won't exceed the limits of the OEM style rotor, even on track with track pads.
mustang_blender04-featured.png

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
We were asked to find a solution, so this was an easy one to solve. Customers have been dealing with cooling issues with race pads when combined with slicks and aero.
The S550 can run a lot of rear brake bias in certain set-ups. That makes heat. Also to another point; you do realize a steady stream of 250F air can very effectively cool something that is 600-1200F? Do I need to explain how that works? Do you understand how much air is drawn out of a wheel well, through the wheel?
Yeah with scrubs or R7s and a big wing, there's enough load on those tires to run pretty aggressive pads.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I do run floating rotors on my FXDWG. So I understand the benefits.

I would think you would sell more units if you offered a single piece properly vented front and rear rotor for the smaller brakes cars.

Most of us are street and once or twice a year track drivers.
The packaging doesn't allow for a normally vented one piece rotor without a weird hub interface (and extra weight).

Sponsored

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
They do the fronts? Any promo code action?

OP
OP
Optimum Performance

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
They do the fronts? Any promo code action?
Yes, they have built fronts in the past. We would need 10 pre-orders to make it happen.
We are concentrating on the rears because there are zero alternatives.

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
Soooo.... hear me out. Group buy, fronts AND rears for $1750 shipped. Make those @Steeda guys cringe. What do you say?

PS: just bought some caliper rebuild stuffs. I’d love to be a repeat customer.

OP
OP
Optimum Performance

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Soooo.... hear me out. Group buy, fronts AND rears for $1750 shipped. Make those @Steeda guys cringe. What do you say?

PS: just bought some caliper rebuild stuffs. I’d love to be a repeat customer.
$1700.00 Shipped.

Sponsored

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
A 4 wheel set is a new option? What about disposables like access to rotor rings? PFC going to make replacements available because they aren't now?