I love my car - and you should love yours

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
With everything going on in the world right now, those of us who are fortunate enough to have a car we love are SO lucky.

I love my GT. Everything about it (except I will always be hunting Recaros). Most of us are car guys or gals who if we had unlimited bank accounts would have some awesome cars, but we still are in better shape than 99% of the population with our Ecoboosts, V6s, GTs, GT350s and GT500s. They are ALL MUSTANGS. And they are all effing awesome.

I have buddies who are Porsche snobs or Vette lovers who put me down for having a car that you see every day coming and going. But you know what? NONE of them have a car they love. Haters. Our cars may not be the best car in the world, but they're great, and there's only ONE "best car in the world"!

Appreciate your car. Appreciate your family or loved ones and relatives. And be thankful that you get to spend a part of the time you have on this earth with something that you really enjoy. You would be amazed by how many people never get this opportunity.
Sponsored

S550ROB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 98XJ Cherokee, 2020 CX-5 GT
Very true, a lot of people don’t realize that

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Oh I do. I've found my favorite cars have some notable flaws, which translate to me as personality traits. The Mustang is just *fun*. There's no way around it. I have no idea how you can have a pulse, drive one, and not grin like an idiot. No matter how many things may break or how whack your panel gaps are, you're always having fun, even just cruising.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, you can keep your Ferraris, Lambos and the like..........I love the blue collar "supercar" that is the Mustang. And over here in England they turn as many heads as a supercar anyway, and always get a positive reaction.

Having been an owner for 13 years, the biggest benefit I wasn't expecting was the great friends I've made through Mustang ownership. There's no other car I'd own.

#mustangfamily

:like:

HeartIsBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT/CS
The Mustang just has a quality, doesn’t it? I just came out of a Camaro SS 1LE and into a GT/CS, and just being back in a Mustang made me happier than I ever was in the Camaro... and we all know how the SS 1LE could whoop my current Mustang’s butt around a track, and how it has wider tires and bigger, fancy red brakes... doesn’t matter. A more capable car doesn’t mean “better” to me. It wasn’t a Mustang.

My dad had a C7 Z51 a few years back when I had my 2015 Mustang GT (non-PP). The cars aren’t even close when it comes to performance and rarity. Didn’t matter; the Vette didn’t wow me. It wasn’t a Mustang.

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Yep, you can keep your Ferraris, Lambos and the like..........I love the blue collar "supercar" that is the Mustang. And over here in England they turn as many heads as a supercar anyway, and always get a positive reaction.

Having been an owner for 13 years, the biggest benefit I wasn't expecting was the great friends I've made through Mustang ownership. There's no other car I'd own.

#mustangfamily

:like:
If someone sat me down twenty years ago and explained that at 73 I'd be driving a 460 HP small block V8, 6 speed with 19" wheels, leather air conditioned seats, Sync 3, adjustable drive modes, active exhaust and decent reliability I would have laughed. Had a 1998 M3 back then. Sure it was fun but no where as much as this 5.0.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Mustang ......... have watched this car go form a Ford Falcon, yes it started there. Maturing into the master piece offered now in 2020.

Never liked the car, truth be known. Stepping back about 5 years, the body stying made a shift, that caught my attention . After a mental note, kept my eye on the Mustang.

How I arrived, late last year started looking at the Jeep truck. Frankly the closer I got, the further away I went.

Internet shopping and having the ability to cyber build a car. Uninterested in what's on the lot, not one to case the LOL deal. Cause the deal has a huge down side, crap I don't want and the same crap I will never use.

Starting out with old habits first stop GM, then the Mustang, over to the Dodge. Back to the Mustang, was jerked back to it like a very strong magnet .

To sum it up, the best styling above, camaro, vet, (GM has blown it) or dodge. Do not need to say anything with regards to the GT, it loudly speaks for itself.

What I found most interesting and never knew about Ford is the way they sell the car. Out of all the other performance based cars offered.

Ford is the one that lets the customer buy performance. What I mean is this, the others offer body trim levels and not many. Selectable options, center on paint, fender logos, wheels, dress up stuff.

On the other hand the Mustang GT PP2 package is all about what one buys a Mustang for. As one can guess my GT has the guts, the bling left on the assembly line floor.

I am so very glad I have the GT, they are sleek, good power, and on and on and on. The 2020 IMNSHO is the best Mustang ever produced, bumper too bumper.

Enjoy you ride folks cause you are sitting, riding in, and driving a real winner.

Cheers,

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
"Never going to get a thumbs up from a tractor driver in a M4". hahahaha..

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that was a classic comment ..... still laughing
And he's right about it making people's day. I thought "It's just a mustang" until I bought one and started having people follow me. We are in lock down right now and I just had a guy , with no one else on the road, get ride on my ass and follow me for miles. I could see the older gentleman just smiling and giggling every time I hit the exhaust.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I never take my car for granted. I do love it.
I am very blessed to have such a great car as my sunny day cruiser and a great truck as my daily driver. :like:
Sponsored