Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
That sounds like a pretty good deal, but I still think I'd go over there with a $22,000 check made out to them and see what happens.
I already got them down from 24,000 before tax and title. Its the only ecoboost CPO automatic within 250 miles so Idk if I can bargen more.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
barely used cars abound and you can take your sweet time testing various configurations and see which ones really impress. You already have a small displacement I4 so I would look to drive a TT6 or a V8 so you have a different experience. More of "same" doesn't strike me as interesting. If you do want to go with the EB you absolutely need to get the trim option that includes Sync3. The 'base' EB power delivery was very noticeably lame by comparison. Though I reckon the Ford Performance upgrade no doubt fixes that right up so "drive modes" becomes far less useful.

Try the BMW M240i and Audi RS3 too. You can easily test drive a GT350 by going to a CarMax. The Ford dealers pretty much refuse to let them off their lots.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Idk if I can bargen more.
you can ALWAYS bargain more. It's used, they have huge profit margin on used cars.

Here are 2 cars that are new, 2020 for your price point.
https://www.koonssterlingford.com/new/Ford/2020-Ford-Mustang-293545ad0a0e0a171983e9bdda382b7b.htm
https://www.koonssterlingford.com/new/Ford/2020-Ford-Mustang-1a671d290a0e0ae8210cc936cfe72465.htm
Both are black accent package (same as EB you're looking at)
But this is a far better deal.
https://www.koonssterlingford.com/new/Ford/2019-Ford-Mustang-cf100edf0a0e0ae72b213ab97ea44071.htm

Tenbrooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryce
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Super Duty F-350 Dually
Let's see, you're 25 and this Stang is to be a weekender only. Money doesn't seem to be a determining factor for things like gas and insurance. Assuming you're single, get the GT and the girls will love it - that 5.0L Coyote is a fun car to drive and sounds great.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I already got them down from 24,000 before tax and title. Its the only ecoboost CPO automatic within 250 miles so Idk if I can bargen more.
You can always get a better deal. You can travel hundreds of miles to get a better deal. You can use your cash as a down payment for a car well above what you want to spend (I do not know why). There are a hundred different things you can do.

But, and I say this as someone who had an EB and now has a GT, Get the EB now, get the warranty. If you find a 400+ HP V8 is what you really want at a later date, hell at 25 you're young enough to trade up.

It sounds like your dealer is willing to work with you. Just remember you snooze, you lose. If this is what you want, go for it. Don't overthink it too much.

Sponsored

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I drove both of these, the 5.0 is wild but less practical. Id be afraid to enjoy it due to the lack of warranty.....
I stopped reading right there. Get the EB. Your gut is telling you EB. You sound like you'd have more fun in the EB. Get the EB.

Lots of positives to a GT but IMO a warranty trumps a lot of things especially if you can't afford for your investment to brake down, assuming its something that's covered.

I have a 19GT and no way no how would I trade it for an EB. I did test drive a 19 EB with the 6 speed and it was tons of fun but once I got behind the wheel of the GT...game offer. I'm just glad they didn't have their GT350R on the lot because I would have drove it and bought it. Reason I'm glad is I want a 500 but want to see what happens with the 500 if they're gonna make a KR as a last hurrah if they decide to go completely away the the V8 ICE on down the road.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
You can always get a better deal. You can travel hundreds of miles to get a better deal. You can use your cash as a down payment for a car well above what you want to spend (I do not know why). There are a hundred different things you can do.

But, and I say this as someone who had an EB and now has a GT, Get the EB now, get the warranty. If you find a 400+ HP V8 is what you really want at a later date, hell at 25 you're young enough to trade up.

It sounds like your dealer is willing to work with you. Just remember you snooze, you lose. If this is what you want, go for it. Don't overthink it too much.
Exactly!!! It's not like your permanently married to it. Buy it...drive it. I buy and sell cars more than I buy new boxers. No joke. I bought 2 cars and 5 trucks this year. Sold one car, 18 GT and a 99 F250. I currently have a 19GT, 2013 and 2016 F250 crewcab diesels FX4 Lariats damn near every option minus the platinum name badges. Am I married to them? No...I may trade the 16 in for a 20 this year to keep the warranty. Nice my dealer doesn't care about DPF delete. Love my F250's tuned...fun just like the GT.

Buy what your gut tells you AND GO HAVE FUN!!!

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
And if you don't have fun sell it and buy keep buying till you find something you're having fun in. If you've got the $ then go for it.

Also...since money doesn't seem to be your biggest determining factor why not take all your cash, put it down on a leftover 19 model GT, get all the options you want and get the full warranty? Just a thought

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.
My advice (New GT Premium PP1 owner here.) Take your time! Figure out what you want out of your S550. Research and experience all of the options. It took me nearly a year of research to buy my car. Get at least 5 dealers to compete. I'd suggest a GT. [no offense to the EB crowd] DO A TON OF RESEARCH! Your lucky to be purchasing a Mustang at such a young age! What do you want out of the car? Buying a Mustang is a journey! I'd be happy to send you the contacts I worked with at my dealership, they can find some really cool cars!

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Yep
My advice (New GT Premium PP1 owner here.) Take your time! Figure out what you want out of your S550. Research and experience all of the options. It took me nearly a year of research to buy my car. Get at least 5 dealers to compete. I'd suggest a GT. [no offense to the EB crowd] DO A TON OF RESEARCH! Your lucky to be purchasing a Mustang at such a young age! What do you want out of the car? Buying a Mustang is a journey! I'd be happy to send you the contacts I worked with at my dealership, they can find some really cool cars!
Yep...hell I even showed my dealer texts from other dealers who already had my info approved with rates and final sale prices and flat told him "look, read these texts, don't make me drive 3 hours to buy this same car" just like that it was done. Got around 10% off MSRP, I know it isn't setting the world on fire deal wise as I'd love to got to around 15-18% off, but I got every single option and color i wanted plus 0 down and 0% for 72 months. I'm happy and that's all that matters

Sponsored

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.
Yep
Yep...hell I even showed my dealer texts from other dealers who already had my info approved with rates and final sale prices and flat told him "look, read these texts, don't make me drive 3 hours to buy this same car" just like that it was done. Got around 10% off MSRP, I know it isn't setting the world on fire deal wise as I'd love to got to around 15-18% off, but I got every single option and color i wanted plus 0 down and 0% for 72 months. I'm happy and that's all that matters

I will also say - I work from home, and I despise car salesman. I've never actually met any of the people who made my car happen in person. I promised them a happy-hour, and I intend to follow through. Met with a young man at at Starbucks to sign the docs near my house, and my tow-guy picked up the car from the dealership. That is top-notch customer service! Most dealers wouldn't take me seriously... they wanted me to come in. I work a hectic schedule across multiple time zones... winning dealer - Camelback Ford. They took me seriously, and shipped the very last '19 in from Michigan... it was a dealer-to-dealer transfer. The very last '19 that met all of my specs.

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)

TTL is a bitch. Are you a member of MCA? If not, join! TTL is $100 under X-Plan.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
TTL is a bitch. Are you a member of MCA? If not, join! TTL is $100 under X-Plan.
you might want to expand all those TLAs (three letter acronyms)

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Look around, take your time, you may find a GT with a supercharger and supporting mods already installed for not much more money than a plain GT. That's what got me to finally unload my 03 Terminator.

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
Wow so much support here it's much appreciated. Let me say more about my financial situation. I own my home and want to pay it off in 3 years, then use the home equity plus cash on a nicer home, something around 200k$. At the same time I plan to invest in an apartment complex as in an investment. All that in less than 5 years will cost money. And I absolutely hate debt. I have as of right now 61k$ saved and buying around 22-28k$ gives me some flexibility later on. I'm great with money and kinda wanna slurge a little and also retire my old 195 hp 3rd gen trans am. I'd say eventually I'd end up in a hell cat or something the same. Who knows what the market is gonna offer in a few years. But seriously thanks guys. Im at work right now il read over all this when I'm off and take what I know will help me going forth
Sponsored