Sponsored

Why are superchargers the prefer choice over turbochargers in the mustang comunity?

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I ask cause most of the builds i see are surpercharged applications. And the fastest times in the drag section are from turbocharged applications.
When modding a car you do it cause you want max horsepower and better times at the track.
So whats the reason?
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Easier to install.

Less money.

Not everyone is trying to set the ET world on fire. Most are just plain old street cars that never or very rarely ever get to the track.

In my experience, less finicky and temperamental.

Emissions legal (most)

ANY of the forced induction kits out there is enough to grenade a stock engine.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I ask cause most of the builds i see are surpercharged applications. And the fastest times in the drag section are from turbocharged applications.
When modding a car you do it cause you want max horsepower and better times at the track.
So whats the reason?
There are many reasons to modify your car, people that chase the max hp fastest track times are by far in the minority.

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I understand this but isnt it easier to install a turbocharger kit instead of a supercharger kit?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Easier to install.

Less money.

Not everyone is trying to set the ET world on fire. Most are just plain old street cars that never or very rarely ever get to the track.

In my experience, less finicky and temperamental.

Emissions legal (most)

ANY of the forced induction kits out there is enough to grenade a stock engine.
Was it turbochargers easier to install?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Was it turbochargers easier to install?
Not in my experience. Superchargers are MUCH easier.

Easiest by far are the centrifugal ones.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Price!

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
- Edelbrock and Whipple's can make over 1000whp
- Easier installs
- Most already have long tubes before they even think about boosting the car, this lets you keep those LTs and not deal with exhaust work
- Twin turbo kits require more maintenance than a SC kit, you have to deal with making sure your oil drain is always working, no oil leaks form feed, exhaust leaks etc (a lot of turbo cars I've seen have a exhaust leak somewhere or have had to fight exhaust leaks)
- Superchargers have no lag, instant boost and power, and with these newer blowers supporting 1000+whp the need for turbo's aren't as bad unless you want to make like 1200+

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
- Easier installs
- Most already have long tubes before they even think about boosting the car, this lets you keep those LTs and not deal with exhaust work
- Twin turbo kits require more maintenance than a SC kit, you have to deal with making sure your oil drain is always working, no oil leaks form feed, exhaust leaks etc (a lot of turbo cars I've seen have a exhaust leak somewhere or have had to fight exhaust leaks)
- Superchargers have no lag, instant boost and power, and with these newer blowers supporting 1000+whp the need for turbo's aren't as bad unless you want to make like 1200+
Great info thanks a lot

gstboy69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
5.0 2018
- Easier installs
:lipssealed::lipssealed::giggle:
Sponsored