Sponsored

Any experience with costco

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I'm looking to ditch the pirelli all season tires after 3 years of service. I'm thinking of going Michelin and being a Costco member they run some great deals.

Has anyone here purchased and had tires installed at Costco? Just curious if they took good care of your car or sloppy.

Thanks for any input. Also if anyone has suggestions for a good tire shop near the bay area let me know
Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
as far as quality of work goes they were good

but I do not think they carry michelins you want. perf tire they have is some bfgoodrich

I'm looking to ditch the pirelli all season tires after 3 years of service. I'm thinking of going Michelin and being a Costco member they run some great deals.

Has anyone here purchased and had tires installed at Costco? Just curious if they took good care of your car or sloppy.

Thanks for any input. Also if anyone has suggestions for a good tire shop near the bay area let me know

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
I use Costco, they do a great job. Never a scratch on my rims or anything. They do carry MP4S, they have a deal on Michelins every other month or so. I had a punctured MPSS rear tire that wasn't fixable earlier this year, so they replaced it with a MP4S for free and bought back the MPSS on the other side for a prorated amount to replace that one as well. Cost me like $80 altogether for 2 new tires.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
It probably varies from store to store. Whenever I go I'll park near the auto bay and watch them. Saw enough to not goto the one near my house. Bunch of high school kids working there.

Plus side there warranty is amazing. My old Taurus front spring broke in half and cut the inside of the tire sidewall open like a can opener. Costco replaced the tire no questions asked for free.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Purchased Michelin PS A/S3+ from my local Costco two years ago for my 15 EB. They give rebates up front so that lowers the overall cost. My installer was excellent. I asked the manager for his best man and I got him. Tires filled with nitrogen at no extra cost. Overall very satisfied. Will definitely use them again.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Wow thanks all for the advice. I appreciate the feedback.

If y'all don't mind I have one more silly newbie question. My gt is the absolute base with 18, inch wheels. Is it possible to get 265 tires on an 18 inch wheel or will I need to upgrade to 19 inch?

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros

If y'all don't mind I have one more silly newbie question. My gt is the absolute base with 18, inch wheels. Is it possible to get 265 tires on an 18 inch wheel or will I need to upgrade to 19 inch?
Assuming those are the 8" wide rims, the highest you want on those is 245. Any more will bulge and get you no more tread width.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si

That's pretty wide for an 18x8 rim. Best to look at upgrading to a wider rim.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

You may find this helpful. If you are looking to increase tire width then you will need a deeper wheel. If you decide to go that route, you may want to consider 19’s.
https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/charts/tire-width-for-a-wheel-rim-size-chart

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Remember that service quality will vary by location. I bought Michelins for the wife's 2001 GT this past summer. Had to order the tires on their web site to get a great sale price and still got the rebate. We were notified when they came in and were offered a deal on the mounting and balancing. The wait was minimal and the work was great. The installer was friendly and even told her to come back in a week or 2 to have the lug nuts retorqued at no additional charge. I wish you the same experience.

Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I personally take the rims off and take them down to Costco to have the tires mounted. I do have two sets of rims witch makes this easier.

They have never scratched them but they are not very friendly. Probably doesn’t help I tell him not to scratch them.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I personally take the rims off and take them down to Costco to have the tires mounted. I do have two sets of rims witch makes this easier.

They have never scratched them but they are not very friendly. Probably doesn’t help I tell him not to scratch them.
Bring them some Dunkin Doughnuts. It works :)
Sponsored