Sponsored

H-Pipe vs Headers vs Both + Houston

rritaintme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Performance Pack, MagneRide, Active Exhaust)
Hi All,

I’m looking to get some wisdom from the crowd here on a few mods that I’d like to make to my 2019 GT PP1 w/ Active Exhaust + Magneride.

Questions:
-If your goal is to primarily improve the sound of your exhaust, would you do headers first or an H-pipe? I don’t want it to get too loud so I want to try one first - I’m leaning toward the h-pipe.

-If your goal was performance, would you stick to the same answer? Or does it change?

-Will adding a Borla or Corsa exhaust essentially eliminate the active suspension modes?

Lastly, I’m looking for good shops in Houston that can:
A) Tint + Wrap
B) Change grille
C) Do the exhaust work
D) Install air ride
E) Install vertical doors
F) Install demon eyes

Any suggestions?

TY!
Sponsored

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
H pipe will open up the factory tone a bit but wont provide much gains.

Headers wiil likely be too loud for your taste but will provide decent gains.

OP
OP

rritaintme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H pipe will open up the factory tone a bit but wont provide much gains.

Headers wiil likely be too loud for your taste but will provide decent gains.
Sounds like an h-pipe first is a good approach.

I want to be able to use the active exhaust to quiet down the car when required but then open it up when I’m in the zone.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
As above, but depends on how far you end up going with performance. If you end up doing headers later, then you might have to swap the h pipe for a resonated cross over to quieten it down.

I'd go with the Steeda h pipe, since it's so cheap if you do end up taking it off the car when you do headers, then it's no real biggie.

OP
OP

rritaintme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As above, but depends on how far you end up going with performance. If you end up doing headers later, then you might have to swap the h pipe for a resonated cross over to quieten it down.

I'd go with the Steeda h pipe, since it's so cheap if you do end up taking it off the car when you do headers, then it's no real biggie.
In your opinion would doing the headers first with the stock active exhaust sound better than doing an h-pipe?

Or do the headers deliver performance as opposed to acoustics The American Muscle videos show some serious decibels from the headers.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Hard for me to say. I'm in Australia, and although active exhaust is standard for us I haven't heard one with a h pipe, nor have I heard headers with stock catback. I have an x pipe, and I've heard headers + x pipe, which only made me want headers immediately lol. But from your original post, I think headers + res delete will be too loud for you.

Headers definitely deliver both performance and acoustics, but it's more of a volume thing, and they typically add to the rasp.

I think you will be happier just doing the h pipe. When you're ready for performace, add an E85 tune and then see if you still want more after that. It's a slippery slope though haha

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Ya'll I currently have an H-Pipe on my car installed and I can tell you it's not overly obnoxious. (maybe to some as I drive around a college campus) but like mentioned it really is a good start.

I think we're on the same boat OP, I have yet to hear a clip of an H-Pipe with a set of long tubes anywhere for the 18-19 or maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Hi All,

I’m looking to get some wisdom from the crowd here on a few mods that I’d like to make to my 2019 GT PP1 w/ Active Exhaust + Magneride.

Questions:
-If your goal is to primarily improve the sound of your exhaust, would you do headers first or an H-pipe? I don’t want it to get too loud so I want to try one first - I’m leaning toward the h-pipe.

-If your goal was performance, would you stick to the same answer? Or does it change?

-Will adding a Borla or Corsa exhaust essentially eliminate the active suspension modes?

Lastly, I’m looking for good shops in Houston that can:
A) Tint + Wrap
B) Change grille
C) Do the exhaust work
D) Install air ride
E) Install vertical doors
F) Install demon eyes

Any suggestions?

TY!
For over all sound alone, H pipe or X pipe is your most cost effective option. If you are wanting to go all out, headers do help out a bit. Texas Speed Performance has a great setup. If you need any help or want to bounce some ideas off me, feel free to hit me up over at Lethalperformance.com

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I was really close to pulling the trigger on a Steeda H-Pipe for my '19 GT (with Active Exhaust), but since I'm 98% sure I'm going to do headers (probably TSP w/ HFCs), in the near-ish term, I think I'm going to hold off.

I know it would be a nice improvement over the stock system without LTs, but I don't want to have to deal with sourcing replacement resonators, all the install/uninstall/reinstall gyrations if it's too loud.

Yes, too loud ...

YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I was really close to pulling the trigger on a Steeda H-Pipe for my '19 GT (with Active Exhaust), but since I'm 98% sure I'm going to do headers (probably TSP w/ HFCs), in the near-ish term, I think I'm going to hold off.

I know it would be a nice improvement over the stock system without LTs, but I don't want to have to deal with sourcing replacement resonators, all the install/uninstall/reinstall gyrations if it's too loud.

Yes, too loud ...

YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!
:(

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hold on, forget all those other mods. Do the vertical doors first and show us pics, you rebel.

OP
OP

rritaintme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethalperformance
Thank you, I’ve been looking through your website inventory, will put together some ideas and run them by you. Appreciate you reaching out.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you have an Ford Active Exhaust it might work with headers and resonator delete. I know my Roush+Xpipe is crazy loud already. No way I'd go headers. Wouldn't sound good from reviews I've read from those who have. But to be safe I'd go headers first if you already know you're going to go that route with a tune.