1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
The ZL1 IS faster than the R. WTF are you talking about? That was never an argument.
Are you just going to ignore all of my posts that call out the complete BS you have been spewing?
I'm asking it again for the record.
Why did you ignore the same day, same driver track times I posted and instead choose to use different drive, different day times for your comparison?
I didnt ignore your post, dont you find it funny a regular SS 1LE can post lap times similar to the R? LOL, thats nearly a $30k price difference while the SS is heavier and less power. We dont know what the GT500 will run. I'll get to see first hand how these cars do on the track after a 20 minute session, weather they pass me or I pass them. I'm closer to these cars then you will ever be. Maybe one day you will have the balls to take your mustang to the track.

so, a heavier car with more HP BARELY EEKS out a head of an R, but the R chassis, only better`, with 200 more HP, a blazingly better transmission, is a loser, because it BARELY EEKS in at few more pounds?
This is how I know we are being trolled.
the weight penalty of the zl1 doesnt matter, because it has 100 more hp than an R, but in the same world, the weight penalty certainly applies to the 500, even though its 100hp more than zl1, and upgraded over R suspension, and has a HUUUGE trans benefit, so it cant lap faster
got it
Youre not being trolled but remind me again why we arent comparing it to the ZL1 1LE? A car that is virtually the same price as an R and much cheaper than a CFTP GT500. Im waiting for Ford to amaze us.
Let me know if you take yours to the track. I'm sure you can tell if 4100lbs is heavy or not. ;)
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I didnt ignore your post, dont you find it funny a regular SS 1LE can post lap times similar to the R? LOL, thats nearly a $30k price difference while the SS is heavier and less power. We dont know what the GT500 will run. I'll get to see first hand how these cars do on the track after a 20 minute session, weather they pass me or I pass them. I'm closer to these cars then you will ever be. Maybe one day you will have the balls to take your mustang to the track.

Youre not being trolled but remind me again why we arent comparing it to the ZL1 1LE? A car that is virtually the same price as an R and much cheaper than a CFTP GT500. Im waiting for Ford to amaze us.
Let me know if you take yours to the track. I'm sure you can tell if 4100lbs is heavy or not. ;)
One more time so everyone can see how much of a tool you are.

Why did you ignore the same day, same driver track times I posted and instead choose to use different drive, different day times for your comparison?

Once you stop ignoring all of the BS you've been spewing, then I'll entertain a question. Until then, continue to troll.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I thought we were. Post up the weights hp and lap times.

I know i know, whenever things dont look good from spec standpoint , your going to bring up price. I mean, if thats a factor, lets bring up total sales and who is able to sell their inventory, justifying the prices, and who is not.

so for simplicity, spec, hp, weight and laptimes please. show me the lighter cars winning out.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I thought we were. Post up the weights hp and lap times.

I know i know, whenever things dont look good from spec standpoint , your going to bring up price. I mean, if thats a factor, lets bring up total sales and who is able to sell their inventory, justifying the prices, and who is not.

so for simplicity, spec, hp, weight and laptimes please. show me the lighter cars winning out.
We probably shouldn't tell him that the 2020 GT350R starting price is MORE than the base GT500 eh?

On a side note, it looks like the GT350R is being ran again in motor-trends 2019 BDC competition. They recognize the upgrades its gone through.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/best-drivers-car-2019-is-heating-up/

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One more time so everyone can see how much of a tool you are.
Once you stop ignoring all of the BS you've been spewing, then I'll entertain a question. Until then, continue to troll.
img_8620-jpg.jpg

I found this and thought it was funny, the times above are in your link right? :D
But it isnt always about performance. Id take an R over a regular ZL1.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
img_8620-jpg.jpg

I found this and thought it was funny, the times above are in your link right? :D
But it isnt always about performance. Id take an R over a regular ZL1.
And once again, you fail to understand the times I posted were same driver, same track same day. The times the 1LE ran were on a different day. If you would have gone to the links I've posted, you would understand why this is so important.

And yet again you fail to answer the question....

If you can't answer that simple question, we're done.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Yes a $45k SS 1LE gives a $70k GT350R a run for its money.

@ VIR: ZL1 2:50.10 vs R 2:51.80
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia-international-raceway-grand-east-course-post-01-2014

@ Willow: ZL1 1:26.16 vs R 1:28.29
SS 1LE ran a 1:28.29 as well LOL, $45k car or less (since its UGLE)
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs

I dont like using nurburgring lap times, but ZL1 is also faster at the ring.

Also, I do not hope it becomes a failure. I used to rep ford HARD, almost fanboyish like you. Fully supported the previous GT500 (I post here and SVTP, mustang evolution), I'm only a member at camaro5 (havent logged in since '17), im NOT at camaro6.
Im just skeptical, and dont really care if im wrong and the GT500 blows us all away. We all win in the end, especially if the other brands strike back with their own performance car.
I agree with what you are saying.

Regular ZL1 barely faster than the R but may beat the R more times than not.

The ZL1 1LE even faster and the R is not even in contention.

SS 1LE is closer to the R but may lose 9 out of 10 times, if the R driver misshifts and gets a bad lap time.

But people need to realize these laps times are BEST of Show lap times. They may lap 30 times over several days in different humidity and temps. All of that can change a lap time. So to say ZL1 blows away something or the R blows away something, what no one sees is how many laps they had to do to get that Hero Lap.

It is just like football sometimes....the old saying, "On any Given Day."

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And once again, you fail to understand the times I posted were same driver, same track same day. The times the 1LE ran were on a different day. If you would have gone to the links I've posted, you would understand why this is so important.

And yet again you fail to answer the question....

If you can't answer that simple question, we're done.
Its irrelevant what the regular non Z 1LE ran. But pretty embarrassing a heavier lesser powered car equaled the R's times (different day or not). Adding insult to the R, the ZL1 and SS 1LE run the equivalent of pilot super sports in comparison to the Cup2 in the R. :(

I agree with what you are saying.
Regular ZL1 barely faster than the R but may beat the R more times than not.
The ZL1 1LE even faster and the R is not even in contention.
SS 1LE is closer to the R but may lose 9 out of 10 times, if the R driver misshifts and gets a bad lap time.
But people need to realize these laps times are BEST of Show lap times. They may lap 30 times over several days in different humidity and temps. All of that can change a lap time. So to say ZL1 blows away something or the R blows away something, what no one sees is how many laps they had to do to get that Hero Lap.
It is just like football sometimes....the old saying, "On any Given Day."
100% agree, this is why I posted about the GT500 doing a fast 1-2 laps, the rest of the session I think it will run slower due to weight. We'll see when it comes out.

I've done a track day with a regular ZL1 at laguna seca. The car was consistent (20+ minutes) and did not slow down. He also had a passenger and was dicing it up with a GT350.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Why is the GT500 being built?????

Profit.
I don't think so much for profit, this world is nearing the end of big motor in front, rear drive in back. Then electric will take over and this era is gone. Sure the electric cars are way faster and self drive and park. But the fun will be gone.

Ford wanted to make the GT500 one more time before they can't anymore because of government regulations which was really started in California. So blame Cali.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I for one really admired Ford for making the F150 lose 700 lbs with the use of all aluminum. That was genius. Ford could do that to other weight loss programs.
That was when ford gave a shit, the new explorer was supposed to be all aluminum but they basically took the cheap way out and didn’t do it

Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I don't think so much for profit, this world is nearing the end of big motor in front, rear drive in back. Then electric will take over and this era is gone. Sure the electric cars are way faster and self drive and park. But the fun will be gone.

Ford wanted to make the GT500 one more time before they can't anymore because of government regulations which was really started in California. So blame Cali.

At base price ford isn’t making a lot of money on the gt500 but how much are the painted stripes again lol

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I don't think anyone has said that technology can't overcome weight to a certain extent. I think the skeptics are voicing the concern that Ford employed enough tech to offset the added weight.
This isn’t a Porsche lol ford didn’t add enough tech to offset the weight. The DCT will help a lot but it alone can’t help with the massive weight gain

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The way I read that is they are testing the Non-R this time because of the enhancements it has received...perhaps Ford felt comfortable enough in its performance to supply them one to test....finally.
Hmm, yes, it appears they are testing the 2019 GT350. Should be interesting indeed.

I know the 2020 GT350R is getting some pretty significant updates. I wonder if they will dare to put in a GT350R and GT500 Carbon into a 2020 competition?

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
At base price ford isn’t making a lot of money on the gt500 but how much are the painted stripes again lol
Painted stripes, let's see. $10k!!! Which is an incredible amount of money. I know Tom is getting them and if I had the money, I would get them too. I cannot stand stick on strips. Decals suck. But, I digress. Yes, painted is the way to go otherwise Ford may as well just wrap the paint job on and we could change colors anytime we want.
Sponsored