Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/28/2020-chevy-corvette-nearly-sold-out/

Don't believe everything you read more hype to sell more cars.
I take everything that any company puts out (no limited to the automobile industry) with a grain of salt, but I haven't seen anything so far that's beyond reasonable as far as speculations go. For example, more than 30K C7's were sold per year during its first three years so it's not unreasonable to think that C8 with match those numbers, perhaps more if GM delivers on their promise. 2014 base C7 MSRPed for $51,995 so 2020 C8 having MSRP of less than $60K's also reasonable (it'll be hard to back away from that figure since that's been stated at the reveal event). Sure, adding options will push it up higher but that's no different than other cars. I'm pretty sure there'll be some dealers attempting to add ADMs on C8's, but if anything, GM is known to pumping out as many Vettes as people are willing to buy them, so I foresee overall street price for similarly trimmed C8 being lower than GT350s or GT500s.
Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
"Apparently, the take-rate for manuals in the Corvette has plummeted to about 15 percent now, according to Juechter.

"It’s 15 percent on cars like the Z06, which historically have been only a manual. And as soon as we offer the automatic, everybody buys the automatic,” Juechter said.

Typing on smartphones isn't as convenient with manual transmissions, particularly in rush hour traffic.
F

Fortunately, we can do hands-free texting in the Mustang. Siri can't spell for crap on complicated words, but I just wait for later or call the person... which is also hands-free via Bluetooth.
I love my car✌

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Please explain Mr 150 hp @ 6000 rpm of awesome Subaru Crosstrek.
Buddy I was racing cars when u were playing with your pee pee, I've had plenty of fast car
I love my crosstrek too

Point is your 60K + 20K GT350 wont out track a C8 Z51 with just a Tune :)
Sure you may be a bit faster in a straight line but again rowing doesnt give the best et, now say I add a 8lb eforce to my 65K C8 which then equals your 80K GT350
Who wins in every area plus looks????

Give ya a hint, Not You :)

Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Buddy I was racing cars when u were playing with your pee pee, I've had plenty of fast car
I love my crosstrek too

Point is your 60K + 20K GT350 wont out track a C8 Z51 with just a Tune :)
Sure you may be a bit faster in a straight line but again rowing doesnt give the best et, now say I add a 8lb eforce to my 65K C8 which then equals your 80K GT350
Who wins in every area plus looks????

Give ya a hint, Not You :)
c2920a5b4e8a873f0c1ff86a55f9365a07222d934a5ce8b1a1277a2c8760fefc.jpg

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Now that's funny....
I'll give ya that one.....

However the truth hurts....

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Wow1 You must have some inside info on track times for the C8! Care to share?
Logically it would make sense a c8 would beat a gt350 on a road coarse. Is there a reason you think it wont? Base vs base and z51 vs R. Obviously I'm not so naieve to say it will destroy either but given the weight, power, weight distribution and aerodynamics the c8 does look to have an advantage. Yes time will tell but I am curious to know your thoughts.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Logically it would make sense a c8 would beat a gt350 on a road coarse. Is there a reason you think it wont? Base vs base and z51 vs R. Obviously I'm not so naieve to say it will destroy either but given the weight, power, weight distribution and aerodynamics the c8 does look to have an advantage. Yes time will tell but I am curious to know your thoughts.
Right now, the GT350/GT350R is proven. the C8 isn't. Hell, the C8 Z51 probably will be slower than the 2019 Z06. Actually, make that WILL be slower.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe 500 - 750 cars a month. Sold out probably equals 15 - 17,000 units. Then take into account that dealer stock orders are (from a company bookkeeping standpoint) sold units. So it doesn’t mean “hey dude, you’re too late....they’re all sold out”.
That's sure the way there trying to make it sound.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Two things playing against each other here. Camaro will be “eligible” for LT2 as soon as Corvette gets the 5.5L DOHC. The way the game has usually been played recently is as long as Corvette has an engine on top, Camaro can use the base engine. Actually, Gen6 ZL1 even broke that rule, since it did not wait for LT5 to come out to get LT4, so arguably, it was match-for-match with Z06. Those are the pro-Camaro LT2 arguments.

The con-Camaro LT2 argument is even simpler. GM engineers “powercubes”. This engine + that transmission = a powercube. Right now, LT2 + DCT is a powercube. Camaro is not getting a DCT, so another powercube would have to be developed. Yes, Camaro and C7 had different 8AT transmission, but the integration engineering would have been close enough to not drive a lot of additional work. Going from a DCT to a 10AT and having to turn the engine 180-degrees might drive enough engineering work to make it not happen.

At the end of the day, I do have Camaro LT2 + 10AT in my GM engine forecast. The worked saved by not moving Camaro to Alpha2 will have likely freed up enough engineering resource to allow LT2 + 10AT to happen.
But will this happen since camaro is basically dead won't gm want to spend that money on raising the c8's performance and appeal.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
But will this happen since camaro is basically dead won't gm want to spend that money on raising the c8's performance and appeal.
We’ve been through this before so I’ll just let you keep that thought. Neither of us will still be on Mustang 6G when the last Camaro is built.

Status
Not open for further replies.