1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Carbon rotors seems like a bad idea to me. People have enough heartburn over using the carbon fiber rims - and rims typically aren't a wear item.
Yea, for the hardcore track guys they go with steel two piece. but since that is only a small percentage of users, the carbon rotors will last longer with regular street use.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yea, for the hardcore track guys they go with steel two piece. but since that is only a small percentage of users, the carbon rotors will last longer with regular street use.
I would think hard core track guys would prefer the carbon rotors. It's just that they are too expensive to replace. Equipping a car with them will make the car a lot more expensive as well.

On the street I wouldn't think the carbon rotors are very useful. I suppose they lower the rotational inertial mass, but IMO if you're going to put carbon somewhere, wheels is better than rotors. If cost is no object, then yes, make everything from carbon. Start with the body shell.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I would think hard core track guys would prefer the carbon rotors. It's just that they are too expensive to replace. Equipping a car with them will make the car a lot more expensive as well.

On the street I wouldn't think the carbon rotors are very useful. I suppose they lower the rotational inertial mass, but IMO if you're going to put carbon somewhere, wheels is better than rotors. If cost is no object, then yes, make everything from carbon. Start with the body shell.

Carbon rotors on the street is pretty meaningless although their track performance is pretty hard to argue. HOWEVER, can still screw it up. Nothing is foolproof. Something else people don't think about is that they're actually kinda fragile when being handled. While weight savings is a good thing, steel rotors still have performance capabilities, durability, and cost effectiveness. Exhibit A: GT350!

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Being a knock off doesn't mean it is automatically bad unless you assume the NSX is bad. I simply said it looks like "TO ME" a knock off "LOOK" compared to the NSX.

And the 2018/19 Mustang looks like a 15-17 with down syndrome again that is just MY opinion.
Anytime something is called a knock-off, in general, is not a good thing. It implies and means a cheap inferior copy of a nice expensive item.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Anytime something is called a knock-off, in general, is not a good thing. It implies and means a cheap inferior copy of a nice expensive item.
Inferior is yet to be determine compared to the NSX and it is cheaper not that is a bad thing in this case. If it's competition is more so against mid-engines cars that would be a good car to compare it too. I would love to see a race between the two from a 1/4 to a track. So who knows it might really be a knock off. And hell if I can pay 60+ grand less for a corvette to compete with a NSX I'll take it.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Inferior is yet to be determine compared to the NSX and it is cheaper not that is a bad thing in this case. If it's competition is more so against mid-engines cars that would be a good car to compare it too. I would love to see a race between the two from a 1/4 to a track. So who knows it might really be a knock off. And hell if I can pay 60+ grand less for a corvette to compete with a NSX I'll take it.
Where did you get that fake red GT350 style badge for your GT grill?

Last edited:

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did you get that fake red GT350 style bad for your GT grill?
At the GT350 Used surplus store. Are you asking a serious question or trying to be a wise ass? It's a knock off so yeah eBay am I supposed to be afraid to admit that or something? Never said anything about being fake. One of us is putting too much stock in words.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
At the GT350 Used surplus store. Are you asking a serious question or trying to be a wise ass? It's a knock off so yeah eBay am I supposed to be afraid to admit that or something? Never said anything about being fake. One of us is putting too much stock in words.
I just never have seen a red one and did not know you could get one. But I was also wondering, why someone would do that? It is not a GT350.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just never have seen a red one and did not know you could get one. But I was also wondering, why someone would do that? It is not a GT350.
They make these all different colors, like the "Howler" badges. I liked the way the Shelby badged look and got something similar although it says nothing Shelby on it just say Coyote 5.0 just remarks the engine hell they make one for the eco-boost and 3.7 Cyclone motor.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Most track guys remove carbon rotors because iron is way cheaper. Then again, people remove their carbon wheels because it's cheaper to replace them.

I find it ironic. Why not buy cheap Chinese wheels because nice Forgelines or BBS wheels are way more expensive to fix or replace? How many people plan on curbing and damaging wheels? I haven't curbed or broken a wheel over the course of multiple cars, wheels, and many track days. Maybe I'm just the best driver in the world and everyone runs into stuff all the time?

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
They make these all different colors, like the "Howler" badges. I liked the way the Shelby badged look and got something similar although it says nothing Shelby on it just say Coyote 5.0 just remarks the engine hell they make one for the eco-boost and 3.7 Cyclone motor.
Oh, koolness

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Most track guys remove carbon rotors because iron is way cheaper. Then again, people remove their carbon wheels because it's cheaper to replace them.

I find it ironic. Why not buy cheap Chinese wheels because nice Forgelines or BBS wheels are way more expensive to fix or replace? How many people plan on curbing and damaging wheels? I haven't curbed or broken a wheel over the course of multiple cars, wheels, and many track days. Maybe I'm just the best driver in the world and everyone runs into stuff all the time?
I've never broken a wheel either, I'm a drop in the bucket compared to many folks but 5 years in motorsports and I have only broken one part. Call me lucky though. If I had carbon rotors I wouldn't remove them because I would like to think I had the money and understanding of knowing what I was getting in to. Also as far as wheels go, I put myself into a pretty "bad" spot. I used to always be perfectly fine with getting Forgestars or something on that level. They're a great wheel and an even greater value. But ever since I got my Signature Wheel set, I can't go back. There goes another $4500 when I get my next car...

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Interesting tidbit I read: the top of the valve covers on the engine sit below the top of the 20 inch rear tires.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Interesting tidbit I read: the top of the valve covers on the engine sit below the top of the 20 inch rear tires.
Yep, I remember reading that. Sounds like a low CG...

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Holy shit, that rendering SCREAMS LaFerrari to me... not that that's a bad thing

Side note: People keep saying "looks like a knock-off Ferrari" and so on, as if it's a bad thing to get a car that looks and performs like a Ferrari for $60k

That’s already available on the base C8.
Incorrect. Needs I believe the 2LT package to get the front end lift system and 3LT to get the GPS-tracking version of it

I wonder if a massive improvement to the 0-60 time for given power levels is the primary reason for going with the mid-engine design even if it upsets the 50/50 weight distribution achieved by C7.
50/50 weight distribution is only desirable in a front-engine, RWD application. MR powertrains respond better to a 40/60 distribution, which is what I believe the C8 achieved on the dot

rims typically aren't a wear item.
Incorrect... talk to the big track rats. Wheels absolutely are disposable on a track car. That's why racing teams typically only use a set of wheels for a few races at a time
Sponsored